TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if it was first reported that the mother didn't call the police until 9:30 PM via Nancy Grace's show.

Now that would not surprise me in the least!

Because as Christmas fell on a weekend, and Christmas eve already took up Friday, likely the company took Monday off as their official "Christmas" holiday.

And I'm not sure that we had that much water up there to fill the ditch - however, if we did, maybe that's why it was partially in the culvert itself. I'm still thinking that they took him on Friday, but didn't immediately kill him. All this is guessing; I'm assuming all the talk about cars-on-tape means they have the woman in the car at the body, thus they can put a timestamp on the dump date - at least a better one if the video isn't the actual dumping.

Monday being the holiday is possible but unlikely IMO since most people around here were off the day of the disappearance, Christmas Eve. I was driving home from my parents about 10PM that evening and hit very heavy rain for several miles along 610 between 59 and 290, a part of that stretch being very, very close to the culvert site so that is why I am thinking a Friday night event at the culvert site is unlikely. I actually think that a Monday night incident could also be possible as that is the day the story broke locally here and there is the possiblilty of panic on the perp(s) part on that day. I do wish HPD would elaborate a little on their physical evidence at the site other than the body itself.

Tks. I am not either. Still somebody had to tell her that Jonathan left the home (her babysitter's home and also her current home) to go to stepdad home for a video. Did stepdad tell her that?
The phone call she received at work, was that from her new home?
The missing phone, also from her new home?
Stepdad seeing Jonathan last, was that at his home?
When Mom went home from work and could not find Jonathan. Did she go to her old home or new home?.
Too many "which home" questions.

Exactly.

My apologies if I offend anyone by saying this...
Seriously, I can't understand why any parent would lie, or not admit to leaving a child home alone during a time such as this. I suppose I don't understand how making up a story trying to keep yourself out of trouble (something so minor) would supersede finding your own child. One would think that a mother whose son is missing would not give a crap what the law thought about leaving him alone at 12 years old, they would care more about the facts.

Not privy to any other information at all. Just connecting thoughts and kind of theorizing, based on human behavior and addicts' behavior. I hope this makes sense:

Most of us would assume that if he was at a babysitter's house, that a) this would be different than his home, b) he wouldn't live at the babysitter's house, c) if he was at the babysitter's house, there would actually be a babysitter there, watching him. So AD said he was at the babysitter's house, which was the truth, and let everyone assume that someone was watching him. She didn't actually lie, IMO.

It's also typical addict/dependant behavior to make statements that one knows others will fill in the blanks on, and then be innocent of misleading folks. AD, in her mind, could be upset and indignant that LE did not jump on things soon enough, because it wasn't her fault that LE jumped to conclusions and then thought she was telling lies. That's all my supposition, of course.

Gonna disagree with you GeorgiaJ. Semantics; Spin; Weaving Webs; Framing, etc.

I call it Lying.

Tks. I am not either. Still somebody had to tell her that Jonathan left the home (her babysitter's home and also her current home) to go to stepdad home for a video. Did stepdad tell her that?
When Mom went home from work and could not find Jonathan. Did she go to her old home or new home?.

I have always wondered about who told her that he ran home for a game. Most moms don't let their kids leave the house when they are home alone. I wonder who gave him permission to leave?

Can we all get updated and on the same page? Maybe others can repost some media links for people who are just coming in? Too much misinformation being posted as facts. If something is just your opinion, please follow with an IMO, MOO, or JMO. Thanks!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

WS is acting up so I can't quote a post. But the mother did lie about the babysitter per Sgt Harris. I am assuming the story about the video is a lie since Jonathan was at home and didn't need to go anywhere to get a video game.

(snip)
Was not with babysitter

Initial reports that Jonathan had disappeared after running home from a babysitter's house to retrieve a video game turned out to be false, Harris said. The boy's mother eventually admitted that Jonathan was not in the care of a babysitter when he disappeared, he said.
"There was some shame and embarrassment about leaving a kid home alone, but it's not unusual for a 12-year-old to be home alone," Harris said.

I know it is hard to read everything, but when a case is moving this fast I do wish people would bookmark and read back from where they left off.
At least a media links only and read those?? --- UPDATE - Patty posted a link!!!!!!!!!!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5942445#post5942445"]TX TX - Jonathan Foster 12, missing! Media Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A few questions if anyone has an answer.

Has it been clarified whether big lady on the tape is the same as the one arrested? It was reported earlier that there was a question about that.

Is Mona the RSO? And has MSM reported that Mona is the one arrested?

TIA.

the bickering of home versus old home versus new home with roommate/sitter, he ran home he ran to sitters, is exactly my point of why the inaccuracies of where jf was really at is concerning to me.... why so much effort in making up video story to stress jfs place of abduction??? obvious confusion but leaves ya wondering why...imo

Just thought I'd toss out another big media mess right now for those new to this thread.

chron.com reports an arrest was made this morning, and 39online.com reports that there have been no arrests made & no one charged.

khou.com reports there's a 'suspect', ktrk reports a 'person of interest'

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-investigation-story,0,3306091.story

http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

mass state of :confused:

I have always wondered about who told her that he ran home for a game. Most moms don't let their kids leave the house when they are home alone. I wonder who gave him permission to leave?

I let mine out while he's home alone. Granted he has a cell phone and I need to know where he's going. No one else is allowed in when I am not at home.

Fact: The police did not issue an Amber Alert for three days.
Fact: Mother, Angela Davis, has told conflicting accounts of the day in question. First it was Jonathan went to go get something at the babysitter's house. Then it was she received a mysterious phone call from a raspy voiced woman at her workplace.

"Initial reports that Jonathan had disappeared after running home from a babysitter's house to retrieve a video game turned out to be false, Harris said. The boy's mother eventually admitted that Jonathan was not in the care of a babysitter when he disappeared, he said.

"There was some shame and embarrassment about leaving a kid home alone, but it's not unusual for a 12-year-old to be home alone," Harris said.

Jonathan, who used to live with his grandmother, had moved in with his mother and stepfather at the Villa Nueva apartment complex in the 800 block of Oak in November, the sergeant said."

In mid-December, Jonathan and his mother moved to a nearby apartment after "mom had some troubles with the stepdad," Harris said.

She lied/fibbed/made up a whole bunch of stuff initally and I would like to know why. Why? Seriously. Shame and embarrassment over leaving the 12 year old at home alone or what else?The truth is, it chaps my hide that she is angry at LE, when it was her fibs that kept LE from issuing an Amber Alert in the first place. There is a reason that for 12 years she wasn't a primary caretaker to her son. Fact. That and her unwavering defense of the SF bother me. I am still, and will always be sorry for what she is going through...but this just reaks of the Haleigh Cummings stuff. Reaks.

the bickering of home versus old home versus new home with roommate/sitter, he ran home he ran to sitters, is exactly my point of why the inaccuracies of where jf was really at is concerning to me.... why so much effort in making up video story to stress jfs place of abduction??? obvious confusion but leaves ya wondering why...imo

See what LE deals with...........

Initial reports that Jonathan had disappeared after running home from a babysitter's house to retrieve a video game turned out to be false, Harris said. The boy's mother eventually admitted that Jonathan was not in the care of a babysitter when he disappeared, he said.
Jonathan, who used to live with his grandmother, had moved in with his mother and stepfather at the Villa Nueva apartment complex in the 800 block of Oak in November, the sergeant said.
In mid-December, Jonathan and his mother moved to a nearby apartment after "mom had some troubles with the stepdad," Harris said.
The stepfather reportedly is the last known person to see Jonathan, he said.

A few minutes later, the mother arrived home, Harris said. Jonathan was gone, and the cordless phone was missing, he said.
Within an hour, relatives called police, Harris said.
"Patrol responds by like 3:30 p.m. and they're there from 3:30 to 4:15 or so," Harris said.
The family was told to go to HPD's station on Mykawa Road to file an official missing child report with the juvenile division. Officers there entered details about Jonathan into the national crime information center database about 9:30 p.m., Harris said.

But a spokesman from the Houston Police Department told FoxNews.com that no arrests have been made, disputing some local reports that a woman was in custody in connection to Jonathan Foster’s disappearance.

i will be right back with the link.:(

My apologies if I offend anyone by saying this...
Seriously, I can't understand why any parent would lie, or not admit to leaving a child home alone during a time such as this. I suppose I don't understand how making up a story trying to keep yourself out of trouble (something so minor) would supersede finding your own child. One would think that a mother whose son is missing would not give a crap what the law thought about leaving him alone at 12 years old, they would care more about the facts.

Any normal parent. But this is a parent who has not had custody for eight years. Who has only had custody for six months. Obviously things are not all okay with this parent. Her behavior and diction make me think learning disabilities/slowness. IMO, she is acting more like a 12 year old child than the parent of one, and CYA is the motive of a 12 year old, often times. Not excusing the behavior, but I don't expect "normal" parenting behavior from this parent. Things are all off kilter from the get-go, and you add the stress and chaos of an abduction... So I can't go by what "I" would do in a situation like this. IMO.

While I, too, am annoyed that it took LE so long to put him into the system as a missing person and to issue an Amber Alert, I imagine that they took the 6 hours between 3:30 and 9:30 trying to get the story straight.

It must be difficult these days for the LE to figure out complicated family relationships (Bio mom, Step mom, Step father, bio father) especially with blended families, etc. Add in the fact that the mother was "afraid" to admit that Jonathan was left alone, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I for one feel badly for the mother and do not think she is involved. Her pain and confusion looks and sounds too genuine to me. If the media reports are to be believed, she is still hoping he is alive and is not accepting the fact that the burned body might be her son's.

My prayers are with Jonathan's extended family-- especially those who raised him for 6 years and showed him such incredible kindness.

I agree. My apologies ahead of time for the following rant. Blended families are nothing new. LE -competent LE - should be trained to deal with complicated things such as working with citizens other than a nuclear family - this is 2010 not 1950.

HPD effed up enormously by waiting 6-7 hours to enter this child into NCIC. It's got me thinking about a case in Chicago a 12 yr old, iirc 12, was not taken seriously as missing and found slain and raped later. CHPD has paid enormously and been scrutinezed to no end. HPD is gonna have some serious revamping of how they handle missing childrens cases as a result of this case and I smell a law suit coming to HPD in this one.

It sure seems tweens and early teens is a dangerous age to be taken seriously by LE when they go missing. We see too many of these cases where little kids are called runaways based on the economical status of their neighborhood and I for one am steamed about it!

end rant.

I don't think it has been established that the mother is an addict. I really don't like to see mothers of missing children criticized and beaten up during such a horrendous time in their life. Nobody is perfect. Being faced with your child missing would be a real shock and not a time when someone would watch every word they say, for example saying the word pest being dissected as evidence she is a bad mother or a murderer. The reporting has been atrocious with each reporter not checking facts. Any information we are getting is very sketchy and not to be relied on. I think she should be given our sympathy and support until we learn she doesn't deserve it.

This is moving so fast I have no idea where this comment is going to land.

Fact: The police did not issue an Amber Alert for three days.
Fact: Mother, Angela Davis, has told conflicting accounts of the day in question. First it was Jonathan went to go get something at the babysitter's house. Then it was she received a mysterious phone call from a raspy voiced woman at her workplace.

"Initial reports that Jonathan had disappeared after running home from a babysitter's house to retrieve a video game turned out to be false, Harris said. The boy's mother eventually admitted that Jonathan was not in the care of a babysitter when he disappeared, he said.

Jonathan, who used to live with his grandmother, had moved in with his mother and stepfather at the Villa Nueva apartment complex in the 800 block of Oak in November, the sergeant said."

She lied/fibbed/made up a whole bunch of stuff initally and I would like to know why. Why? Seriously. Shame and embarrassment over leaving the 12 year old at home alone or what else?The truth is, it chaps my hide that she is angry at LE, when it was her fibs that kept LE from issuing an Amber Alert in the first place. There is a reason that for 12 years she wasn't a primary caretaker to her son. Fact. That and her unwavering defense of the SF bother me. I am still, and will always be sorry for what she is going through...but this just reaks of the Haleigh Cummings stuff. Reaks.

red by me:)

Totally agree!

I think LE has done a FANTASTIC job. I for one am going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have EARNED it. I am not going to second guess anything they have done thus far.

The media reporting on this case...not so much.

ITA with you especially with the obviously muddled circumstances of this case.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members