JY Guilty of 1st Degree Murder: Post-verdict discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so surprising for a person who never emotionally matured beyond a 14 yr old, whose parents and adults around him coddled and excused his behaviors as being an imp, a jokester, etc.

As for the people around him, in their 20's they probably found this funny and maybe still did (lots of people don't grow up until their 30's or later). He got attention for his behavior and got the yuks from his guy buds and lots of people wanted to be around the outgoing guy.

At some point normally developed people no longer find his brand of strange amusing. Some people in that circle had gotten to that point, some didn't.

What I don't get is, what took these people around him so long to figure out something was wrong? Let's all get real here, and maybe it's just me, maybe I just am always surrounded by boring people and coworkers... But does anyone here have adult friends who pee on their living room floor in front of everyone, regularly run around naked, or as one friend put it, perform "genitalia jokes"? If this was when everyone was in college, I could see how it could be laughed at and chalked up to being young and wild, but we are talking about after these folks grew up and got married, are we not? No one thought this was strange behavior for a married father? I was also a little startled, although not as much, by Michelle Money recounting how they all went outside to play hide and seek, and her and Jason began talking after hiding in the same place. I dont see anything wrong with that, it sounds fun, but I've just personally never been around any group of married couples or adults over 20 who announce out of the blue, hey lets just go outside and play hide and seek! This whole group with their constant screwing around with each other and apparent disregard for JY's crazy behavior is bizarre, Ive never seen anything like it...

If these activities happened in 2006 (and I think they did) JY was 32!
He was not fresh out of college!
VERY ODD behavior IMO.

The friends may have been a few years younger but still they were in their late 20's. Attention was attention to JY even if it was negative.

I'm pretty sure I saw MF and CY (along with another woman and child) at Pullen Park on Saturday. It's easy to forget that they are part of this community. I hope she waved at Jason as she drove by central prison. :seeya:

If said stain was from "relations" with MY it would have contained a mixture of JY and MY's DNA. Not just JY DNA.
Sure sounds like only JY's DNA was found doesn't it?

Indeed, snap, indeed. Eeyuuuuww.... sicko - :moo:

Her precious bodily fluid -- nearly all of her blood --- and his....

His is replaced very quickly; hers, sad to say, is not...<<shaking my head>>
icon9.gif

What I don't get is, what took these people around him so long to figure out something was wrong? Let's all get real here, and maybe it's just me, maybe I just am always surrounded by boring people and coworkers... But does anyone here have adult friends who pee on their living room floor in front of everyone, regularly run around naked, or as one friend put it, perform "genitalia jokes"? If this was when everyone was in college, I could see how it could be laughed at and chalked up to being young and wild, but we are talking about after these folks grew up and got married, are we not? No one thought this was strange behavior for a married father? I was also a little startled, although not as much, by Michelle Money recounting how they all went outside to play hide and seek, and her and Jason began talking after hiding in the same place. I dont see anything wrong with that, it sounds fun, but I've just personally never been around any group of married couples or adults over 20 who announce out of the blue, hey lets just go outside and play hide and seek! This whole group with their constant screwing around with each other and apparent disregard for JY's crazy behavior is bizarre, Ive never seen anything like it...

Same here, Solange -- I graduated from NSCU just like they did, although a few years before JY and the rest. Even at a not-the-best-frat frat party, you would never see anything even a tad close to that behavior. In the South, a fraternity treats their dates respectfully in a gathering of more than two. (Who can speak for what two do behind closed door, unless one is part of the two?).

And there is poor Michelle, who, I'm sure was raised to not expect behavior like JY's even if it were done by 7th-8th graders, having to endure those pranks. "Yes, he's my husband," if she is asked. Can you imagine?? She certainly knew that walking out on him doing his tricks would bring on a yelling match. What do you do in that situation? Yes, she endured, IMO, way more than we could imagine.
icon9.gif

Not so surprising for a person who never emotionally matured beyond a 14 yr old, whose parents and adults around him coddled and excused his behaviors as being an imp, a jokester, etc.

As for the people around him, in their 20's they probably found this funny and maybe still did (lots of people don't grow up until their 30's or later). He got attention for his behavior and got the yuks from his guy buds and lots of people wanted to be around the outgoing guy.

At some point normally developed people no longer find his brand of strange amusing. Some people in that circle had gotten to that point, some didn't.

Sociopaths don't often mature past their teens, and JY seemed to be stuck there, IMO, because it was the prime of his "Best All Around" life.

Somebody wrote a little ditty to those guys:

"Bad boys bad boys
Watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
when they come for you
Bad boys, bad boys
Watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do
when they come for you

When you were eight
And you had bad traits
You go to school and you learn the golden rule
So why are you acting like a bloody fool
If you get hot you must get cool

Bad boys, bad boys
Watcha gonna do whatcha gonna do
When they come for you (repeat)..."

from
http://www.ourweddingsongs.com/garter-toss-songs/bad-boys-lyrics

VERY ODD behavior IMO.

The friends may have been a few years younger but still they were in their late 20's. Attention was attention to JY even if it was negative.

Funny you should mention that, I am 32! And I was thinking well maybe he was younger than me, like under 25, but even looking back at myself at that age, and my friends, it still seems bizarre. We did a lot of partying, drinking, etc, but the extreme behavior that we heard about him is something I never really saw in anyone even back then....

I'm pretty sure I saw MF and CY (along with another woman and child) at Pullen Park on Saturday. It's easy to forget that they are part of this community. I hope she waved at Jason as she drove by central prison. :seeya:
Nice to hear that. Hopefully she is breathing a sigh of relief that the worst is behind them. No doubt still missing her sister and the life they could all have had together. What a waste.

From the previous thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Did your friend say anything about the other eyewitnesses that testified (Ms. Beaver and Ms. Hensley)? I've been very curious about those two but haven't heard any of the jurors yet mention them and I haven't heard that any reporters have asked about those two witness testimonies.

I talked to my alt friend and here's what they said:

Ms Beaver: Seemed to be someone who liked to gossip. Talked about it with people but didn't think to tell the police, until her supervisor suggested she do so. Alt does not believe Ms Beaver saw a vehicle but rather was trying to insert herself into it.

Ms Hensley: Clearly said she did not drive on Birchleaf. She did not point out the house to LE. LE took her to the house. Alt believes Ms Hensley saw a vehicle but does not believe it was at the Young's house.

Ada,

Was your friend the one with longish dark hair? That's the only female alt. I remember. The other one I have no recollection of.

If the one I do recall is your friend, she was someone who I noticed paid close attention and took lots of notes and seemed on the ball...unlike the large man alternate in the back who looked bored, never took a note, and was (literally) picking his nose at one point.

VERY ODD behavior IMO.

I agree...maybe his family could have done him some good by discouraging the behavior instead of embracing it with cute little "imp" names. :eek:hoh:

I wonder if imp is a word used in the South because I never heard anyone use that word in the Northeast. :waitasec:

I agree...maybe his family could have done him some good by discouraging the behavior instead of embracing it with cute little "imp" names. :eek:hoh:

I wonder if imp is a word used in the South because I never heard anyone use that word in the Northeast. :waitasec:

:what: I thought imp meant
images

:what: I thought imp meant
images
(i had a bad link sorry)
An Imp is a small mischievous demon....usually found in the company of older women...

My family from Centerville/Nashville Tennessee taught me this is what an Imp is...:moo:

LOL I really thought imp was a fairy. :blushing:

Tinkerbell is a pixie or a sprite. She can behave impish but she is no Imp.
An imp is not an endearing term for a child. It might have come across that way on the stand, but calling him an Imp and following with how he would "moon" his grandmother. Either way she was admitting she KNEW her son is/was a hellion.
~moo LOL!

JY was an Imp.
images

Tinkerbell is a pixie or a sprite. She can behave impish but she is no Imp.
An imp is not an endearing term for a child. It might have come across that way on the stand, but calling him an Imp and following with how he would "moon" his grandmother. Either way she was admitting she KNEW her son is/was a hellion.
~moo LOL!

JY was an Imp.
images

BBM

Yep

This is a great point...Jason never grew up, simple as that. Being the class clown and life of the party is typical for children, perhaps even stretching through college/early 20s. But at a certain point, most people grow up, or at least know the boundaries of what is socially acceptable. A side story to the trial was how Jason Young's former friends seemed to distance themselves from him, and certainly didn't zealously defend him. Curiously, the highway patrol witness seemed like his closest friend.

Unfortunately, being a sociopath, Jason Young's "Peter Pan" complex was only compounded by his family's adoration and "oh, that Jason!" attitude. He was never disciplined or taught responsibility. His treatment of women outside his family belies a notion of entitlement, and that he was not to be questioned. Despite these character flaws, the guy clearly could charm women and enjoyed it...sadly, Michelle Young was fooled by his false charm.

Jason was not wired to coexist with a strong-willed woman who was his equal, in marriage, and would stand up to him when necessary. To Michelle Young, she likely never viewed herself as "standing up" to him at all. They argued like most couples, maybe more than most, but by all accounts it was never physical. The second pregnancy lit the fuse. Jason Young became a timebomb, and he delayed the fuse in his first attempt to kill Michelle. When that failed, he realized he would have to do whatever it took to avoid being further "locked" in marriage. To a woman to whom he could not relate and whose mother was worse (Jason's worldview, mind you). They argued over the family holiday plans, he could not imagine living with Michelle and her mother.

By this point, the bomb could not be stopped. Jason was not going down this path. That's where his sociopathic mentality overruled any sense of logic that the vast majority of us possess. He did not proceed with consequences in mind, empathy (clearly), or obviously, logic. His reticence to this restrained lifestyle overtook common sense, and was compounded greatly by his hatred of Linda.

Psychobabble aside...I'm just relieved that Young is where he's supposed to be and pray that Michelle and Rylan can look down and offer some comfort to their loved ones.

A jury of JY's peers has spoken, and presented a verdict of guilty of murder in the first degree.

This thread is for post-verdict discussion only. It is NOT for re-hashing or debating trial testimony or evidence. It is certainly not for gloating over a perceived "win," or for baiting those who happen to believe that justice was served in this case.

Again, the jury has spoken.

I'm copying Tricia's excellent reminder here:

Hi Everyone,

Emotions are running high and understandably so.

Please, I am pleading with you, keep in mind our terms of service.

Out TOS in its shortest form is this:

Don't be a jerk and don't attack each other.

If you don't agree with someone please say so but no need to be rude about it.

If someone is rude to you then hit the alert button rather than respond. It is the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post.

If you are getting too worked up take a break from the computer. You can always come back.

I appreciate your participation in the forum but keep in mind our moderators are all volunteers with personal lives. When things get too hot then their lives are disrupted as well.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Tricia

I guess I don't understand what this thread is for then.:seeya:

Does anyone remember when JY and MY were in the car accident (?) was MY 5 months pregnant when she lost that baby and wasn't she 5 months or just into her 6th month when she was murdered?

Coincidence?

At the time of the car "accident," MY was only about a month or so pregnant, not 5 months along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard