TX TX - Taylor Co, WhtFem 40, UP4140, Horse Woman, Worked on Ranches, aliases, tattoo, Sep'87

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1390
Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on September 13, 1987 in Harris County, Texas
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1987

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 40 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 131.5 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Tattoo on left hand of cross with three dots.
    [*]Belongings: Wallet or purse
    [*]Dentals: Not Available
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • DNA: Not Available

Case History
The victim was located in Harris County, Texas on September 13, 1987.
She had numerous alias' that she went by; she was a horsewoman and usually worked on ranches.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Jennifer Love
Harris County Medical Examiner
713-796-6827
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:

87-15359
NCIC Number: U-278758509
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
NamUs

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of September 27, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this one. I think this is the one that might be Theresa Fischbach. There's no ruleouts on the UID's Namus.

Fischbach's Namus is at: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Fischbach had a tattoo of a cross between her thumb and index finger on one hand or another. The UID had "a cross with three dots on web of left hand."

The UP only has fingerprints, Fischbach has dentals and DNA, but no fingerprints, so comparison is going to be a nuisance.

Height, last seen (May 1987 for Fischbach, the UID was found Sep 1987), hair colour match up. I wouldn't take the UID's age estimate seriously ("pre-50" with a minimum and maximum age of 40 - oh, really).

Someone else mentions the coincidence in a Princess Blue thread: Possible match - Theresa M. Fishbach, 17 - Missing Since: May 24 1986 from Spring TX

I just noticed: Fischbach's Namus entry says (on the case info screen) that she was last seen "May 24, 1987", but the circumstances screen says that her "family last heard from her in May 1986". Not sure which one is correct.

Question: If unidentified, how does LE know she had aliases?

It seems that she was plenty identified - if identification means people recognizing her by looks, knowing a nickname, knowing where she worked/lived etc.
What is missing is her legal information: the name she had on her birth certificate, her legal address or such.

1355UFTX

1355UFTX - Unidentified Female
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: September 13, 1987
Location of Discovery: Taylor County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1987
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 40 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 131 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo on left hand of cross with three dots.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Wallet or purse (description unavailable).

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located in Harris County, Texas on September 13, 1987. She had numerous aliases that she went by; she was a horsewoman and usually worked on ranches.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Taylor County Justice of the Peace
Agency Contact Person: Michael Nance
Agency Phone Number: 325-583-2341 or 918-527-0080
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 87-15359

NCIC Case Number: U278758509
NamUs Case Number: 4140
Former Hot Case Number: 1390

Information Source(s)
NamUs

I wonder why she is now listed as being from Taylor County, not Harris County? It does certainly seem to be the same UID based on descriptors. I also wish we knew more about the circumstances of her death, what these aliases were, and how long she seemed to have been around under those names.

I wonder why no DNA. (I know, I know it's not always possible.) Wish there was at least a sketch.
I found this thread because of her mention on Corrine Hagler's thread...

Heck, what kind of horse she preferred could help! There are different riding styles, training styles, influences -- could narrow things down. Did she prefer Quarter Horses or Paints or Appys? Did she rope, head or heel?

A photo or sketch would be better....

jmho ymmv lrr

Reviewed November 14, 2011

As far as I can tell, no new info since then......

Also wonder why there is no information about dentals, because all parts were recovered, that would include the head.

Djeezz...so annoying....if she was using a lot of aliases why not mention them. My guess is the file is gone or lost.

I think, of the persons associated with horses, and fitting in the timeline, stats (age would have approx. 39 in 1987) is Patricia Blough – The Charley Project

All three women were horse enthusiasts, which pointed to a possible connection with criminal activity.

Blough owned a thoroughbred, Hank, who won a race in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada two weeks prior to the women's disappearance. Hank also won $900 in another race the weekend the women vanished; the earnings were never collected by Blough. Blough previously owned a saddle horse that she boarded at the same stable where Miller's horse resided, which is how the two met each other. Bruhl had been a high school classmate of Blough's.

Blough's friends told authorities that she had a facial injury which may have been inflicted by a fist in March 1966, approximately four months before she disappeared. When questioned as to what happened, Blough told her friends she was having problems with "horse syndicate people," but did not detail her explanation.

Blough's former boyfriend, John Paul Jones, was an ex-convict and a rodeo cowboy. He lived in California at the time Blough disappeared and maintained his innocence in the women's cases. Jones was never proven to be involved in the disappearances. In addition, both Blough and Miller knew other people with criminal records due to their associations with the horse market.

I just noticed: Fischbach's Namus entry says (on the case info screen) that she was last seen "May 24, 1987", but the circumstances screen says that her "family last heard from her in May 1986". Not sure which one is correct.
1986. Took a year to get any agency to make a report

This surely has to be her. Marble Falls (Burnet Co.) is nowhere near Harris Co. or Taylor Co., so I can’t figure out the confusion there, but the rest mostly fits.

Race/Ethnicity: She was dark-completed with Hispanic or Asian features
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 120 lbs
Other: Wore dark-tinted glasses. Had several purses with her.

Alias First Names: Margaret, Cheryl
Alias Last Names: Vierra, Cliven, Casolte
Known to Frequent: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
Other: She was stopped near Blanco in a stolen vehicle from Comal County.

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

This surely has to be her. Marble Falls (Burnet Co.) is nowhere near Harris Co. or Taylor Co., so I can’t figure out the confusion there, but the rest mostly fits.

Race/Ethnicity: She was dark-completed with Hispanic or Asian features
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 120 lbs
Other: Wore dark-tinted glasses. Had several purses with her.

Alias First Names: Margaret, Cheryl
Alias Last Names: Vierra, Cliven, Casolte
Known to Frequent: Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
Other: She was stopped near Blanco in a stolen vehicle from Comal County.

View attachment 449632

View attachment 449631
Good find Mad! If this is another woman, she is not in Namus. If this is the same woman, why is the description and the location so very different? F.i. several purses/one purse, no tattoo description on hand/cross wit 3 dots on hand. The case owner of the woman in this thread is a lieutenant in Abilene, Taylor County. I looked into the Texas DPS unidentified side, but they are not listed there.

Good find Mad! If this is another woman, she is not in Namus. If this is the same woman, why is the description and the location so very different? F.i. several purses/one purse, no tattoo description on hand/cross wit 3 dots on hand. The case owner of the woman in this thread is a lieutenant in Abilene, Taylor County. I looked into the Texas DPS unidentified side, but they are not listed there.
I truly can’t figure out the discrepancies regarding locations. Even without the woman in the articles I found, Abilene and Houston (largest city is Harris Co.) are about 350 miles apart. The woman in the articles died about midway between the two.

I guess they could have figured out a connection between all of the above and it just wasn’t publicized. I tried searching for the tattoo or ranch work and didn’t find anything. It’s quite puzzling!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back