GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s conflicting signs that the killings were the work of professionals.

“For everything that looks professional, there’s something that isn’t,” Sills said. “This is not the work of some drug-crazed individuals, and this is not some professional assassin.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/...f4Tg/?icmp=ajc_internallink_textlink_homepage

I hope Sills knows what he is talking about- trying to read between the lines, so to speak. So he is ruling out a drug crazed random attacker (although I have considered the attacker(s) may have been just plain drunk) and a professional assassin... To me, what's left, since nothing was obviously stolen, is this was personal and carried out by whomever had the grudge, if Sills' theory holds water, and yes, he has much more info than the press.

Need the tox reports.
What if somebody "stopped by" for a drink, drugged them, and then did what they did? Wonder if any beverage glasses are missing?

I know many disagree, but I think "they" were in the home.

I hope Sills knows what he is talking about- trying to read between the lines, so to speak. So he is ruling out a drug crazed random attacker (although I have considered the attacker(s) may have been just plain drunk) and a professional assassin... To me, what's left, since nothing was obviously stolen, is this was personal and carried out by whomever had the grudge, if Sills' theory holds water, and yes, he has much more info than the press.

He seems to have ruled out quite a bit, huh ?
Since he believes the head was taken to conceal evidence I wonder if he believes the killings were premeditated or not.

BBM

But why not remove the head of Mrs D if the killer used the same object? Time restraints?

I wonder which one died first.

Sometimes murderers act out of necessity in how they discard the remains of their victims.

I believe they both died within minutes of each other. Shirley's body may have even already been on the boat when Russ' torso was taken to the garage.

What I do believe is whomever this is did not have the strength to pick Russ' torso up to place it where he wanted it so he had to drag it a short ways inside of the garage. That tells me anyway, that we may not be dealing with a bulky man who has a lot of strength.

So maybe it was just too hard for him to load up two bodies but he knew he must somehow remove the evidence that showed how Russ was murdered and WHAT weapon he was murdered with. I do believe the rage began toward Russ and not Shirley. Imo, she was eliminated because she was an eye witness and IMO knew the perpetrator.

So he takes the body which is of lesser weight than Russ. By Russ's photos he probably weighed around 200 pounds+ and Shirley only weighed 148. He did not need to remove her head since he was so sure that if he weighed her down in 48 feet of water she would remain hidden and never rise.

Any murderer when they submerge the body of their victim in water is convinced the body will stay down because they would never go through all the time and effort of submerging them in the first place if they really believed differently.

So by hiding Russ' head and hiding Shirley's body what would have never been known? Answer. They would have no way of knowing how each of them were murdered nor would they ever be able to determine the weapon that was used.

That was his sole goal in carrying out the disposal the way he did. IMO He knew he had to distance himself from what weapon had been used against them both because he knows very well if the exact type of weapon was known it could link him to the crimes.

I truly feel the weapon used to murder them both has a uniqueness to it. I believe there are many people in the community who have seen this weapon displayed proudly in his home for years.

JMO though

I have not read this thread, so I if this has already been mentioned I apologize....but what if the crowbar could not be pulled out and was lodged in his head, so be the reason for beheading.....need to remove evidence.

Good point! I had had it not thought of that.
I thought of a few things but, the more I thought the more stupid it sounded.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

A lot of things that are written on this site would not hold true for me... the things you guys focus on.

I sometime where my pajama's all day. I work from home. Even if I decide to go to a small store.. still PJ's. I put a coat over them. So you base my murder on my clothes, it may throw you way off.

I sometimes eat soup/pizza/salad for breakfast. I know it is weird but I do... So if check the contents of my stomach... it will throw you WAY off.

I don't get along with a few family members of my husband... if you checked me out on FB you would know who they were... look there.

I have 3 friends that I talk to EVERYDAY... if they don't hear from me... they would send in the troops!

I do think something is missing from the Dermond's home. I have a sneaky feeling it's something the perp used with or on Mrs.D I have no way to know what exactly but just listening to Sills, how he words things.
IMO he has been talking directly to perp/s all along.
From the very beginning about how "immaculate"the house was. "Almost like no one lived there."

I was watching some CSI documentary about how perps wipe the scene/car whatever down, perhaps even have a car detailed or a home cleaned.

Makes me think of what movie? Kill Bill? They would call and say, yeah I did it again you need to send a team in.
Maybe it was MIB? lol
Anyway there are certain places where they do often find prints simply because there a certain behaviors that are 2nd nature to us and when we do them even during the commission of a crime we DON'T THINK... our own autopilot will catch us!

Now that quote throws a loop in every theory I have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I had the energy I'd make a list of quotes that Sills has made just like that!
It's double speak. We hear it but, we aren't meant to understand. The perp however hears it loud and clear. I am certain he is probably quaking in his boots unless he doesn't have any plans on hanging out here on earth much longer anyway.

Heh! I bet this perp thought be committed the perfect crime.
Moo

I do think something is missing from the Dermond's home. I have a sneaky feeling it's something the perp with Mrs.D I have no way to know what exactly but just listening to Sills, how he words things.
From the very beginning about how "immaculate"the house was. "Almost like no one lived there."

I was watching some CSI documentary about how perps wipe the scene/car whatever down, perhaps even have a car detailed or a home cleaned.

Makes me think of what movie? Kill Bill? They would call and say, yeah I did it again you need.to end a team in.
Maybe it was MIB? lol
Anyway there are certain places where they do often find prints simply because there a certain behaviors that are 2nd nature to us and when we do them even during the commission of a crime we DON'T THINK... our own autopilot will catch us!

I was thinking the same thing. No one but my husband and I would know if certain things were missing from our home.

EXCLUSIVE: Putnam County Sheriff talks about investigation into murders of elderly couple

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/exclusive-putnam-county-sheriff-talks-about/vCbjFD/
REPORTER---
Did the killer or killers had a boat?
Sheriff---
Absolutely.

Any neighbors think their boat was used without permission?

sheriff also said.....

Reviewing \ALL surveillance tapes from neighbors are being reviewed by the FBI.
Checking all neighbors and neighborhood worker's backgrounds....

If I had the energy I'd make a list of quotes that Sills has made just like that!
It's double speak. We hear it but, we aren't meant to understand. The perp however hears it loud and clear. I am certain he is probably quaking in his boots unless he doesn't have any plans on hanging out here on earth much longer anyway.

Heh! I bet this perp thought be committed the perfect crime.
Moo

I hope Sills is closer to getting the perp than we realize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do think something is missing from the Dermond's home. I have a sneaky feeling it's something the perp used with or on Mrs.D I have no way to know what exactly but just listening to Sills, how he words things.

Makes me think of what movie? Kill Bill? They would call and say, yeah I did it again you need to send a team in.
Maybe it was MIB? lol

I think you are absolutely correct. Sills is releasing bits and pieces of info that he wants the murderers to know. The FBI is working this going over this with a fine tooth comb and IMO, they are closer than we know to finding who did this. The DNR was pulled up rather abruptly and search was discontinued, with no plans to resume anytime soon IIRC.

Question for any locals here.

Are there speed signs in the development and are they enforced by security.

Maybe Mr D would complain often to security about a certain car speeding by.

Also has the development changed in the last 10 years? Homeowners kids playing loud music, speeding in the lake. Drugs? Hanging out at the lake all night?

Maybe its someone who visited there and had a issue with Mr D.

Also any ideas of where the killer went after disposing Mrs D? Are there houses nearby?

I am beginning to waiver on my theory. If Mrs. D. was not held for any period of time then my assumptions about the perp. will change. Enter scenario 2: could someone have done this for someone else? Not as a hired professional, but still as a service to someone.

A short clip of Sheriff Sills on WSB 11 PM news:

Sills said, "I think there was an effort by the killer to conceal the body, yes. And I think the good Lord has provided us with the recovery of her body."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong