Calander Priests

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
Sexy priests calander.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=588020.

A calendar featuring Rome's sexiest priests has hit Australia, causing some of the local clergy to get a little hot under the collar.
The Calendario Romano, produced by Italian historian Piero Pazzi, features 12 dark and brooding young priests swathed in their religious robes.

I don't understand the hubbub... they are very nice looking men but the pics are not X or R rated in any way, shape or form! They are very digified pictures of these priests!

Calendar or no calendar... women are looking at these fine looking priests! If the "higher ups" honestly don't think the women look admiring them now, then they'd better open they eyes a little wider!

I don't understand the hubbub... they are very nice looking men but the pics are not X or R rated in any way, shape or form! They are very digified pictures of these priests!

Calendar or no calendar... women are looking at these fine looking priests! If the "higher ups" honestly don't think the women look admiring them now, then they'd better open they eyes a little wider!

Amen. Nothing wrong with looking as long as the women and the priests always remember that the priests are men of God (although I think priests should be allowed to marry...) God doesn't just call the homely to His service.

Yeah, me too Jeana....wierd. I don't understand the purpose. I wouldn't have bought one.....over 70,000 sold last year :waitasec:

Last year's edition sold 70,000 copies worldwide and mostly to non-Catholics, which suggests the buyers' motivations are not entirely spiritual.

Amen. Nothing wrong with looking as long as the women and the priests always remember that the priests are men of God (although I think priests should be allowed to marry...) God doesn't just call the homely to His service.

I agree...

but, I do think it's odd to have a bunch of preists in a pin up calander...

Boy we never had priests that looked even remotely like that. They were all at least 150 years old. I might have paid a bit more attention in mass had our priests looked like them! Might even have stayed with the church!

I am Catholic, sorta.
And I remember being told by the nuns that VANITY is a sin...
hmmmm....

I'm not the bible thumping type of person, and certainly not immune to my own dark side~ but I don't understand why someone who pledges to be celebate for a Godly reason would think it was okay to "flirt with the devil" in such a way. I guess if I were a very devout person, I'd be pretty offended. As it is, I'm just thinking the priests are not acting very priestly.

I am not offended. I am confused.

In the 60's, we Catholic schoolgirls used to call priests like that "Father-what-a-waste."

As a Catholic I am uncomfortable with the whole "pin up" aspect of it and dont really think its right:confused:

I'm not the bible thumping type of person, and certainly not immune to my own dark side~ but I don't understand why someone who pledges to be celebate for a Godly reason would think it was okay to "flirt with the devil" in such a way. I guess if I were a very devout person, I'd be pretty offended. As it is, I'm just thinking the priests are not acting very priestly.

I am not offended. I am confused.
Thats how I feel.

I'm Catholic and I just have to say there is nothing the Catholics do nowdays neither surprises or confuses me!!! I love that "Father-what-a-waste"!!!
I have 2 cousins...one just left the convent, the other the seminary. They both commented on how the Catholic religion isn't what you think!! I believe them!!

They're creeping me out.

Me too, for specific reasons. IMO, those who either volunteer or are paid for their image to be put on a calendar which is designated as a compilation of attractive people are advertising their looks.
Since priests are supposed to be celibate men, with no sexuality generated or reciprocated to or from either men or women, what message are they sending? "Look at me, I'm handsome, sexy".

Also, the teachings of Jesus is to do good works without publicity.
Maria

Me too, for specific reasons. IMO, those who either volunteer or are paid for their image to be put on a calendar which is designated as a compilation of attractive people are advertising their looks.
Since priests are supposed to be celibate men, with no sexuality generated or reciprocated to or from either men or women, what message are they sending? "Look at me, I'm handsome, sexy".

Also, the teachings of Jesus is to do good works without publicity.
Maria

I agree with this post

Maybe it was a way of giving the Catholic clergy a younger image.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back