DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like she would have just called JW then, though - right? To call LE and give them the text/photo without JW knowing (which he didn't apparently) is jumping over his head. And also making him look bad…. I've always wondered about this detail, and what it means.

I think JW made himself look bad. She did the smart thing, which is to not cover for someone who seems to be neck deep in a crime (even if he wasn't). I'd hope if he is innocent that he would understand why she did what she did and not hold it against her. If she knew right away that something wasn't right and notified LE, she showed a lot of courage. She knows him and his history better than we do, including why he was fired a short while before the murders and what he may have been sharing with her that made her worry about the texts. JMO

I guess we don't know what time exactly LE got this info, except to assume it was the first afternoon/evening/night of the murders since JW wasn't allowed back to his car. So if LE found her first and interrogated her before JW it was really fast! I wonder if LE immediately got (or already had because of NSA) his phone data, and zoomed in on everyone he contacted. If she came out of the blue and volunteered the text, it is strange.

I don't think it's strange. I think she was scared out of her mind. Her boyfriend texted her a photo of cash he was delivering to a house where four people were murdered. He even said "don't tell anyone", so she knew he wasn't supposed to send the photo to her, and possibly that he wasn't even supposed to know he was delivering cash. Either JW was inadvertently drawn into a terrible crime, in which case contacting LE immediately would be to his benefit, or JW was intentionally involved, so contacting LE would be to her benefit. I say "good for her" and I hope she is safe and happy.

I guess we don't know what time exactly LE got this info, except to assume it was the first afternoon/evening/night of the murders since JW wasn't allowed back to his car. So if LE found her first and interrogated her before JW it was really fast! I wonder if LE immediately got (or already had because of NSA) his phone data, and zoomed in on everyone he contacted. If she came out of the blue and volunteered the text, it is strange.

here it is:
https://cbsbaltimore.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/darron-wint-charging-docs.pdf

Dudng the course of the interview, MPD detectives requested that W- 1 provide IT's cellular telephone to them During the interview, !V- l showed detectives a number of lext messages and incoming and outgoing calls with Mr. Savopoulos.

Detectives interviewed a witness, hereafter referred to as W-2, which statcd [T received a text from W- I on Thursday, May 14, 2015, at approximately 9:00 AM. W-2 opened the text for detectives to view. The text contained dialogue and photos of a red Iined bag wirh what appeffed to be t\\o bundles of cash, one of which had visibly displayed, a white money wrap band. The other employee that provided the package to W- l was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled (540,000.00) forty thousnnd dollars.

=====================================================================

Can't really tell from the affidavit. But it seems like they interviewed JW first, looked at his cell, saw the texts and calls between him and SS....And then they met with his girlfriend, and she 'opened the text for them to view.'

So it is just speculation on my part, but it looks like JW might have erased the picture text of the cash, and they went and asked his GF about their texts, and she shared it with them. JMO

I am just surmising that IF JW was under house arrest, the defense would have been told under 'discovery.'

And if the defense knew that, they would be shouting it from the rooftops, as opposed to what they did---which was to try and create suspicion and doubt.

JMO

The pace with which a Prosecutor turns over "discovery" can vary greatly with the Prosecutor.

The pace with which a Prosecutor turns over "discovery" can vary greatly with the Prosecutor.

If the prosecutor had someone else under arrest as a coconspirator in this crime, they could not hide that fact from the defense. They would be heavily sanctioned. That is not just regular 'discovery' material like expert reports and testimony. JMO

If the prosecutor had someone else under arrest as a coconspirator in this crime, they could not hide that fact from the defense. They would be heavily sanctioned. That is not just regular 'discovery' material like expert reports and testimony. JMO

I may just have been traumatized by DA Nifong's games with Dr Meehan withholding the DNA from defense for months in the Duke case.

But they are not at trial yet. Nifong excused himself at his Disbarment trial by asserting that evidence did not have to be handed over till trial. Would the defense have to be told before the preliminary hearing?

Could all the questions about JW mean that the Defense knows he is being held or is in protective custody and are laying the groundwork to shift the blame to him as DW's co conspirator. It sure sounded like the previous attorney was not going to dispute DW's presence at the house. He even said something to the effect that his client did not want to see anyone hurt...and when the public learned WHO was there, etc.

If the Prosecution can play games, not answer questions, dodge this and that...couldn't the Defense play games too? The point that JW took half the ransom, didn't preclude DW from having the other half. Just that he wasn't in this alone.

Newbie here, but following with interest. Quick questions: who called JW to inform of the fire? Do we know if DW brought any of his own weapons to the house (knife)?

Still seems odd to me that DW would take so many risks: staying at the house for so long, waiting for SS to come home, ordering pizza, and then sadistically killing 4 people for a relatively small amount of cash--using weapons he found in the home?Wouldn't SS have offered him anything in exchange for not harming the family? If DW never intended to kill them, wouldn't he have disguised his appearance? How would DW be sure AS didn't use the code in her call to SS?

I still can't find a motive that makes sense, not that anything could make sense of such a horrific crime.

Newbie here, but following with interest. Quick questions: who called JW to inform of the fire? :dunno: Do we know if DW brought any of his own weapons to the house (knife)? :dunno:

Still seems odd to me that DW would take so many risks: staying at the house for so long, waiting for SS to come home, ordering pizza, and then sadistically killing 4 people for a relatively small amount of cash--using weapons he found in the home?Wouldn't SS have offered him anything in exchange for not harming the family? If DW never intended to kill them, wouldn't he have disguised his appearance? How would DW be sure AS didn't use the code in her call to SS?

I still can't find a motive that makes sense, not that anything could make sense of such a horrific crime.

:wagon: Crosscntrymom! :dunno: above are my non-answers lol

She denied knowing anything about the money in numerous interviews. She certainly never claimed she heard anything being discussed. Whatever she found out about the money, appears to be after the fact.

BBM: I agree with that. However, every poster may not have been able to read all the numerous articles written by numerous media sources, nor been able to keep up with the numerous and contradictory quotes of NG.

I'm impressed! It looks like a person is there once you drew it. I think many of those objects are on different planes, but appear to be at one depth. I'll see if I can get a higher resolution photo. I don't see the other person that Facundo sees, either. I DO have bad eyes, so I could be eating my hat later...

Here are some hopefully higher resolution images, but they're taken from the video, so not starting with great quality. On the second image, I blurred the white spots that look like tennis shoes and the small white rectangle on the dumpster so you can see if there is a body there. It helps if you make your screen as bright as possible.
View attachment 78538View attachment 78539

I agree -- now that I see it, I can't unsee the "person" in the foreground, even in high resolution... but I think it's a really compelling optical illusion. What look like "sneakers", I think, are actually two additional scattered pieces of slightly wadded paper, what looks like jeans or something is partly a utility box or garbage receptacle behind the dumpster, and shadows do the rest. I would love to believe that there was a person there because it would make things like 100xs more interesting, but I don't think there is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa