Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you, Bern, that the only 3 reasons to murder two young girls would be (being there was no evidence of sexual assault)
1. If they had spotted someone they knew doing something bad and could identify them
2. A psychopath randomly killed them (someone with a mental health criminal history of violence
A. either an adult
B. Teenage boys at the time, that may have been overlooked due to their being underage
C. Retaliatory crime on one of their families
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see my post below It really could be any of these reasons.....which are more than 3

I know this post is in "Theory: category but I want to keep it going so, I guess if you reply to it the best thing to do wouild be copy & paste the list as we go. How does that sound??

What are the ideas floating around in your head about about why????????
Please feel free to add your suggestion to the list.
Perhaps we can use this as a "Project Board" at least it would be easy to look at a glance:

1. Local connection met someone local on that road or bridge
2. Seen anything at that bridge-not just a drug deal
4. Walked up on a drug deal
5. Meth Lab Mobile or Discovered one
6. Growing Pot/ Pot Field
7. Gang element
8. Payback Family ties
9. Enemy of the girls.. Classmate ..Tattle-Tale Justice
10. Thrill Kill

MeoW you have been on WS a long time.. have you ever seen such a case that was tight lipped as this one?

If we were only privy to to "doc dumps" like Anthony Case.. could you imagine how the sleuthing could go!!

MeoW you have been on WS a long time.. have you ever seen such a case that was tight lipped as this one?

If we were only privy to to "doc dumps" like Anthony Case.. could you imagine how the sleuthing could go!!

Get-Smart...It's my opinion, keeping all the details of an investigation secret, in the dark, only prolongs solving any case and causes many cases to go cold and unsolved...I see it as an old fashioned method of NOT showing the mistakes made, lack of investigation and follow-up...and in rare cases of a 'cover-up!...

The Casey Anthony case proves my point and is moving right along, at an amazing speed, because the public is being informed and allowed to help...:cop:

Yes indeed.. There are certain things that Orange County is keeping quiet on... but for the most part it's out there for all to know. The A case is moving right along. As I see it from our point of view the only thing we can do is try and keep this case on the headlines from time to time.. and that aint easy !!

OMG, those "doc dumps" are informative! The other case i've seen tight lipped as this bad is the serial killings in Jennings, La. That's another tough case..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see my post below It really could be any of these reasons.....which are more than 3

I'm not sure how to qoute multiple qoutes :doh:

Does anyone know if the girls ever ventured off the road and into the woods? When i was around their age i would be running around the woods exploring, catching frogs and things. When i think back on it, it was very dangerous of me, yet at the time when i was 10, i didn't think much of it. If they flew a helicopter over the nearby wooded areas, would it be possible to have seen any meth labs or anything? Granted whoever was around when the girls were killed probably packed up shop and took off. There may be remnants of what was there though..
Also, in the beginning, weren't there boys riding their quads around that area that day or are those rumors confirmed or just rumors?

I'm not sure how to qoute multiple qoutes :doh:

Does anyone know if the girls ever ventured off the road and into the woods? When i was around their age i would be running around the woods exploring, catching frogs and things. When i think back on it, it was very dangerous of me, yet at the time when i was 10, i didn't think much of it. If they flew a helicopter over the nearby wooded areas, would it be possible to have seen any meth labs or anything? Granted whoever was around when the girls were killed probably packed up shop and took off. There may be remnants of what was there though..
Also, in the beginning, weren't there boys riding their quads around that area that day or are those rumors confirmed or just rumors?

Hi, Meow...after visiting the site, IMO, the girls probably hadn't gone into the woods. The underbrush was very thick and sticky - they were both in shorts - so, I don't think they had ventured far from the beaten path on this particular day. The autopsies did indicate some skin abrasions on the girls; however, they didn't sound consistent with scratches that would have been caused by the brush.

To me, it also seems doubtful that a meth lab could have been operational out in the woods for the same reason. Surely, the area was thoroughly combed for any evidence left behind. Without more details from OSBI - it's impossible to know at this point.

Regarding the boys on 4 wheelers - IIRC, this was reported by locals only - not by anyone from LE. Tire tracks were only reported by LE from a vehicle (I think). If 4 wheelers had been on that road - tracks would have been there - again IMO. It is difficult to imagine the 4 wheelers were running around off the road either due to the number of trees and scrubby brush.

I'm wondering how long LE is going to hold what they know so close to their vest to protect the investigation? How long do they wait before releasing something? Seems they need to consider doing something differently:

1)release more information so the public can help them or...
2)tell us something that reassures us they are really making progress working this case.

These comments are my recollections and my opinions only. I'm certain other posters can correct anything that I may have been mistaken on and I welcome that.

Thanks again, Weleetkal, for the new URL.

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has some great publications I read many years back on child sex rings and pedophiles who use "satanism" as a way to double torture their victims, since most LE will then label them as "nuts" for even using the word and ignore real complaints -- (we need to really watch it when psychology is used as a weapon against victims that way!).

IF Lowe was active as a serial victimizers, a predator, next question: "Was Lowe part of a pedophile ring?" Rings usually pass victims around according to age, and other preferences, serial victimization.

To the one "who didn't know how 'to handle a "quote within a quote" this is the 'model' I learned in English: first double quotes, then singles, then back to doubles within the singles, etc. I guess you could all cap some too these days.

I'm not sure how to qoute multiple quotes :doh:
Multiple quotes are easy. See the button next to the quote button with " on it? When you want to put more than one quote in your post...simply find the posts and click on this. It won't immediately take you to the reply, but you then go to the next one and click on the same " button...then hit the post reply button. ;) Hope that helps!

Multiple quotes are easy. See the button next to the quote button with " on it? When you want to put more than one quote in your post...simply find the posts and click on this. It won't immediately take you to the reply, but you then go to the next one and click on the same " button...then hit the post reply button. ;) Hope that helps!

Seriously Searching, You are the best! I too needed assistance on how to do this. Thank you.:blowkiss:

SS~ You have no idea how many times I have needed the info. you just shared! LOL! Thank-you.

Flossie

OMG, those "doc dumps" are informative! The other case i've seen tight lipped as this bad is the serial killings in Jennings, La. That's another tough case..

MeoW333...It's always been my opinion, being tight lipped on a case causes it to become a tough case....If the public hears nothing they can't say nothing or remember nothing, and no phone tips...thus making no help from the public a tough/cold case..:bang:

Thank you SS :)

MeoW333...It's always been my opinion, being tight lipped on a case causes it to become a tough case....If the public hears nothing they can't say nothing or remember nothing, and no phone tips...thus making no help from the public a tough/cold case..:bang:

That is true.. worse for the cases though..

I am really shocked that nothing has come of this case. There are only so many reasons and so many people who would have reason, motive or opportunity to do this. This is a small town. Has anyone done a profile of the killer or killers. I have been reading here for a while and there have been a several theories, I can't understand the silence for LE. Some one knows some thing about this case. Is there a reward? A deal they could make? Something? Most things are usually what they look like. If they would release something, just anything that would get the public to start thinking again about what they heard, saw, maybe they could get this going again.

I am really shocked that nothing has come of this case. There are only so many reasons and so many people who would have reason, motive or opportunity to do this. This is a small town. Has anyone done a profile of the killer or killers. I have been reading here for a while and there have been a several theories, I can't understand the silence for LE. Some one knows some thing about this case. Is there a reward? A deal they could make? Something? Most things are usually what they look like. If they would release something, just anything that would get the public to start thinking again about what they heard, saw, maybe they could get this going again.

There was & hope still is a reward of $30,000 that is higher than the median yearly income for that area!!

I came across an old post on another forum. It was from way back at the end of June. It stated that LE had two young men on 24 hr surveillance. Does anyone else remember that? Or what came of it?

...The Pastors and Priests and Rabbis come under heavy duty temptations -- takes tons of prayer to resist.

I'm not really sure what you meant by this comment- I don't think many men of religion or men in general (or women, either) have to pray to resist temptation to commit sex crimes against children. And for those who may not be aware of it- the vast majority of rabbis are married with children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member