Discussion Thread #61 ~ the appeal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and again....He told the court he could not sleep and that he had brought in two fans from the balcony......
.....and more......Nel was also intent on pointing out discrepancies between Pistorius's bail affidavit and subsequent testimony. The bail affidavit makes reference to Pistorius waking up and going "on to the balcony" to fetch a fan. Pistorius denies being on the balcony. Pistorius explained this apparent discrepancy by saying that the fan was positioned partly on the balcony, and partly inside. His bail affidavit also makes reference to only one fan, whereas Pistorius now says there were two fans. This he explains because a smaller fan was positioned between the tripod legs of the larger fan.

Nel is also intent on pointing out discrepancies between Pistorius's bail affidavit and subsequent testimony. The bail affidavit makes reference to Pistorius waking up and going "on to the balcony" to fetch a fan. Pistorius now denies being on the balcony. Pistorius explained this apparent discrepancy by saying that the fan was positioned partly on the balcony, and partly inside.

His bail affidavit also makes reference to only one fan, whereas Pistorius now says there were two fans. This he explains because a smaller fan was positioned between the tripod legs of the larger fan.
...and more...

Only op could add to the affidavit fine so it doesn't matter. The bit about being on the balcony was discussed a few pages back. As was adding to the affidavit in fact

Only op could add to the affidavit fine so it doesn't matter. The bit about being on the balcony was discussed a few pages back. As was adding to the affidavit in fact

......the fan cable passed behind a speaker and wasn't long enough for the fan to be placed on or near the patio and the extension cord had two sockets one of them was taken up with the charger for the hair clippers......neither fan was on or near the patio......

...... Masipa ordered that police officers explain how an extension cord went missing from murder accused Oscar Pistorius's house............................Give in !

....From IBT....Bedroom fan:

Pistorius said in his bail application soon after Steenkamp's death that he had not gone to the balcony to fetch a fan. But he said later he did move the fan.

Nel claims the account changed because Pistorius realised he needed to place himself in the bedroom in order for his claim about hearing a noise to be credible.

Quoting Pistorius, Nel said: "If someone said they saw me on the balcony they would be lying."

A second fan:

Nel said Pistoruis made up his account of fetching a second fan from the balcony for the purpose of plugging it into an extension cable, because there no extra socket to plug into.

Pistorius initially said he had plugged it in, but later changed his account. Nel called this point "a clear indication of the accused's deceitfulness."

....From IBT....Bedroom fan:

Pistorius said in his bail application soon after Steenkamp's death that he had not gone to the balcony to fetch a fan. But he said later he did move the fan.

Nel claims the account changed because Pistorius realised he needed to place himself in the bedroom in order for his claim about hearing a noise to be credible.

Quoting Pistorius, Nel said: "If someone said they saw me on the balcony they would be lying."

A second fan:

Nel said Pistoruis made up his account of fetching a second fan from the balcony for the purpose of plugging it into an extension cable, because there no extra socket to plug into.

Pistorius initially said he had plugged it in, but later changed his account. Nel called this point "a clear indication of the accused's deceitfulness."

I'm not sure there's any point in discussing further with you tbh. You are now quoting nels allegations as though they are evidence which they most definitely are not. I don't remember him changing his account about whether the second fan was plugged in. And as I've said before I can't see why he should be expected to remember details a year after when it was followed by a shooting. It doesn't matter where the police say things are if there's reason to doubt their evidence. I'm not sure you even read my posts as you keep coming back with replies that lack logic as I've already addressed them.

I'm not sure there's any point in discussing further with you tbh. You are now quoting nels allegations as though they are evidence which they most definitely are not. I don't remember him changing his account about whether the second fan was plugged in. And as I've said before I can't see why he should be expected to remember details a year after when it was followed by a shooting. It doesn't matter where the police say things are if there's reason to doubt their evidence. I'm not sure you even read my posts as you keep coming back with replies that lack logic as I've already addressed them.
.........is that it....? hey, don't run away now....Pistorius is a liar......no fan was on the patio because the cable wasn't long enough.....the two fans were not plugged in because one socket had the charger for the hair clipper....one of the cables for one fan passed behind a speaker making it too short for the fan to reach the patio.....Pistorius said he went onto the patio and later changed his version....the extension cord went missing after the photos had been taken ....Pistorius said he went to bring in one fan then changed it to two which due to photo evidence showing one of the cables passing behind a speaker makes it obviously another lie........

..................and here we are...stuck on the fan/s which is only the beginning.....you don't want to discuss simply because the truth disturbs your rose coloured view of what happened that night....Goodbye.

.........is that it....? hey, don't run away now....Pistorius is a liar......no fan was on the patio because the cable wasn't long enough.....the two fans were not plugged in because one socket had the charger for the hair clipper....one of the cables for one fan passed behind a speaker making it too short for the fan to reach the patio.....Pistorius said he went onto the patio and later changed his version....the extension cord went missing after the photos had been taken ....Pistorius said he went to bring in one fan then changed it to two which due to photo evidence showing one of the cables passing behind a speaker makes it obviously another lie........

..................and here we are...stuck on the fan which is only the beginning.....you don't want to discuss simply because the truth disturbs your rose coloured view of what happened that night....

Pretty sure that Nel's issue with the first fan (the large one) wasn't that it couldn't reach the patio but that it couldn't reach where pistorius said he moved it when he brought it in. Pistorius said it would reach. Nel failed to prove it wouldn't.

Pretty sure that Nel's issue with the first fan (the large one) wasn't that it couldn't reach the patio but that it couldn't reach where pistorius said he moved it when he brought it in. Pistorius said it would reach. Nel failed to prove it wouldn't.

......i'll think you'll find that the extension cord needs to be fully extended towards the center of the room for the cable to be long enough and obviously this wasn't the case due to one of the fan cables passing behind a speaker and the second socket being used for the charger for the hair clippers......;...then of course there's the large difference between bringing in one or two fans.....plus the rest...

......i'll think you'll find that the extension cord needs to be fully extended towards the center of the room for the cable to be long enough and obviously this wasn't the case due to one of the fan cables passing behind a speaker and the second socket being used for the charger for the hair clippers......;...then off course there is a large difference between bringing in one fan or two.....

Which fan cable do you say passed behind the speaker?

Large difference?! Is that the key detail that decides it for you- whether there was a second fan?

Which fan cable do you say passed behind the speaker?

Large difference?! Is that the key detail that decides it for you- whether there was a second fan?

........no it's the fact that he had to add on the second fan.....that he brought in two fans....

Speaking for myself, the issue I have with the OP supporters here is that while on the one hand they question every piece of evidence and assertion that goes against Pistorius on the other they accept all the inconsistencies in his story along with its essentially far fetched nature without displaying any doubts or concerns. That and the fact that they think that 10 months in prison followed by house arrest in a mansion is a suitable punishment for what he did, whoever was behind that door.

Speaking for myself, the issue I have with the OP supporters here is that while on the one hand they question every piece of evidence and assertion that goes against Pistorius on the other they accept all the inconsistencies in his story along with its essentially far fetched nature without displaying any doubts or concerns. That and the fact that they think that 10 months in prison followed by house arrest in a mansion is a suitable punishment for what he did, whoever was behind that door.

...and that's why i have to be a pain in the backside for everyone because they shoudn't get away with it......

Speaking for myself, (and I don't class myself as an OP supporter any more than I would label you as an OP nonsupporter) , of course there are doubts and concerns, but the bottom line is that on balance I believe that the state did not prove DD or DE beyond reasonable doubt and that the key aspects of Pistorius's version (perceived intruder-fear-panic-shots) is still clearly possible.

You doubt that he brought in a second fan and that's what convinces you it was murder? Why?

.......let's take one step at a time please......go back over what i and others have wrote from the start and you will see that it's a continues long run of incoherencies from Pistorius which go against someone that was telling the truth....and there's more....for example the tears and puking up except for the moment he was sent to prison which makes his stance before look even more like acting....

Speaking for myself, (and I don't class myself as an OP supporter any more than I would label you as an OP nonsupporter) , of course there are doubts and concerns, but the bottom line is that on balance I believe that the state did not prove DD or DE beyond reasonable doubt and that the key aspects of Pistorius's version (perceived intruder-fear-panic-shots) is still clearly possible.

The DD I can understand though I disagree, but the DE I don`t understand at all. He intended to kill an unknown and unseen person who at the moment he opened fire was no threat to him. Besides, the guy was an idiot when it comes to guns - firing one in a crowded restaurant, shooting someone`s dog and then just driving off, leaving a loaded pistol unattended on a boat (and why the hell do you need a loaded gun on a river trip with friends anyway; was he gonna shoot a hippo?). IMO I reckon he would have relished the opportunity to shoot an intruder. He was a firearms accident waiting to happen but tragically someone else was in the line of fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong