searchingforanna.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will come back and re-read your clarifications after I listen. Hope that helps.

I will come back and re-read your clarifications after I listen. Hope that helps.

I know nothing about podcasts, so I have no idea how great an audience they have, what their funding is, or how one finds out about them. I listed above a number of misrepresentations on today's broadcast about Anna. It was disconcerting to hear two perfect strangers discussing my family (and mispronouncing my name) as if they knew us. I appreciated all the research they had done, especially since they seem to have read some of the WebSleuths posts and my book, but I am at a loss to understand some of their claims.

I am not sure how valuable something like this is, especially when it is not scrupulously factual. There were suppositions about the visibility of the house, about the "woods"(??) which were misleading. They said a neighbor in the area had heard noise in the woods but thought it was a deer...In truth, the woman had heard a rustling in the trees along Purisima Creek shortly before the police set off a siren and said she thought someone was stealing something. No deer. No woods. The implication is that we lived somewhere in a remote forest, hardly the case when it was like Grand Central Station around the farm most of the time.

The broadcasters said George Brody had an alibi for the time Anna disappeared. To my knowledge, Brody was never questioned. They said Anna's father came from a well-to-do family, which would have been news to the family. They said the Georges' room in the Tenderloin had one single bed. I didn't know that. How did they know that? They made a big deal of the ill-fated rooster which met its end the same day Anna disappeared, calling it Anna's pet, and saying she was upset that it had been killed. It was one of several roosters, not at all a favorite, and she was not upset at all to learn that the blacksmith had killed it. I was there, folks.

There was a suggestion that Brody gave Waters drugs. Where on earth did this come from? I suppose it makes a better story, but the story is quite bizarre enough without embroidery.

So I am left with mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Perhaps ObserverEagle can do a podcast sometime with your consent and the correct information about Anna.

Would be nice to get a little attention again once the website is back online.

Maybe you can email them and ask that they do a clarification. I've heard that done on other podcasts where they address listener feedback at the beginning of subsequent podcasts.

http://insightpod.blogspot.com/p/contact.html?m=1

For someone like me who knew nothing about Anna's disappearance, the deer and the rooster don't really provide any clues anyways. The whole Brody and George story definitely overshadows those particular details.

The drug scenario is pure speculation. It was thrown out there as a possible way that Brody manipulated George and sounded like quite a stretch to me. They were working through all imaginable possibilities. I see that here on WS all the time.

It would be very strange for me to hear a podcast about my son's death and an analysis of my family's life at the time of his death. That would be beyond bizarre. I totally get that.

All that being said, it left me intrigued to know more.

Where is Anna?

If you don't mind me asking.. You're new to the case, is there anything you can think of that would help new users get to know the case? Still looking for input on the new website, and the point of view from a new user could really help in the way I will set up the website.

Thanks!

I would like to look through the wayback archive and absorb it a bit first. Yes, if I think of anything, I will let you know.

Maybe you can email them and ask that they do a clarification. I've heard that done on other podcasts where they address listener feedback at the beginning of subsequent podcasts.

http://insightpod.blogspot.com/p/contact.html?m=1

For someone like me who knew nothing about Anna's disappearance, the deer and the rooster don't really provide any clues anyways. The whole Brody and George story definitely overshadows those particular details.

The drug scenario is pure speculation. It was thrown out there as a possible way that Brody manipulated George and sounded like quite a stretch to me. They were working through all imaginable possibilities. I see that here on WS all the time.

It would be very strange for me to hear a podcast about my son's death and an analysis of my family's life at the time of his death. That would be beyond bizarre. I totally get that.

All that being said, it left me intrigued to know more.

Where is Anna?
It would have been very easy for them to contact me had they been interested in my input. The important thing in newswriting is arranging priorities, so certainly the information on contacting the San Mateo Sheriff's Department or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children should have been in there somewhere. One should name one's sources. It was nice of them to mention my book, but would have been nicer had they used the title and told where the book was available. As to the rooster, the woods, the deer, the single bed, etc., all this does is set up implications, rather than to shed light on the real story. I have been dealing with this for many years, so it isn't a matter of being hurt or saddened by yet another exploitation of this tragedy; I would just like the journalists (pod-ists?) to make a real effort to stick to the facts. And my name is NOT Mee-kay-la.

Annasmom, I would not hesitate to contact whoever did the podcast and offer to set the record straight as well as speak to them about the aspects of Anna's case they have correct.

Bottom line is the podcast brings attention to Anna and the search to find her. I am of the perspective that any attention in a missing person's case can be used for good, especially if handled correctly. It seems the older a case is, the more likely it is to be forgotten. Take advantage of ANY publicity that comes along. Make it work for you!

Sending positive thoughts your way!

I wandered through some of the 2005-2006 threads last night on my PC and noticed that the podcast summary sounded a lot like some old recap posts from Doogie from 11/05 and 3/06. There was a comment about GW coming from a 'well-off family' that was the same phraseology. I will never find it using tapatalk to link it. Just putting that out there...

Annasmom, put on your rose-colored glasses for just a moment and maybe you can see a way to turn this into a positive for Anna. Publicity is never pretty but it could be a great opportunity to tell her story to a whole new audience. I think a good percentage of people walking around with phone and ear buds are listening to podcasts not music.

Note: Some journalists may be podcasters but not all podcasters are journalists.

Vivette, I have some ideas for the new website after trying to glean more about the case via navigating all the old threads [emoji102] I but haven't immersed in the way back archive yet. I will keep you posted.

Annasmom, I would not hesitate to contact whoever did the podcast and offer to set the record straight as well as speak to them about the aspects of Anna's case they have correct.

Bottom line is the podcast brings attention to Anna and the search to find her. I am of the perspective that any attention in a missing person's case can be used for good, especially if handled correctly. It seems the older a case is, the more likely it is to be forgotten. Take advantage of ANY publicity that comes along. Make it work for you!

Sending positive thoughts your way!
Thank you so much. And, yes, you are absolutely right.

I wandered through some of the 2005-2006 threads last night on my PC and noticed that the podcast summary sounded a lot like some old recap posts from Doogie from 11/05 and 3/06. There was a comment about GW coming from a 'well-off family' that was the same phraseology. I will never find it using tapatalk to link it. Just putting that out there...

Annasmom, put on your rose-colored glasses for just a moment and maybe you can see a way to turn this into a positive for Anna. Publicity is never pretty but it could be a great opportunity to tell her story to a whole new audience. I think a good percentage of people walking around with phone and ear buds are listening to podcasts not music.

Note: Some journalists may be podcasters but not all podcasters are journalists.

Vivette, I have some ideas for the new website after trying to glean more about the case via navigating all the old threads [emoji102] I but haven't immersed in the way back archive yet. I will keep you posted.
Thank you for such a sensible answer, Watergirl62. I think I over-reacted to hearing my name and the names of people I love as part of a narrative which in some places differed from my own perceptions of the events...

Ah, great! I'd love the input. The whole basic thing is done now, but I will still be changing/adding things on there so I can always adjust the website once you feel you're done reading (I know it's A LOT).
One important thing to me, with the new website, is the information should be organised in one place, one easy click away.
Much appreciated!

Ah, great! I'd love the input. The whole basic thing is done now, but I will still be changing/adding things on there so I can always adjust the website once you feel you're done reading (I know it's A LOT).
One important thing to me, with the new website, is the information should be organised in one place, one easy click away.
Much appreciated!

What about a timeline to make it easier for those who are just reading it for the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we should just show you what there already is first

Maybe we should just show you what there already is first
I looked at the archive after my last post. The timeline there is very good.
Maybe a list of possible scenarios/ theories would be helpful. It wouldn't be a long list but could put all options in one place. That's all I can think of.

I looked at the archive after my last post. The timeline there is very good.
Maybe a list of possible scenarios/ theories would be helpful. It wouldn't be a long list but could put all options in one place. That's all I can think of.

What timeline is that, where do I find it? Or do you have a link maybe

OOOOOOOOHH, that archive, I thought you meant something on Websleuths I have no clue about.

Yes, that is the timeline I have used!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member