IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several witnesses, not just one according to SGT Holeman.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
If this is him and I believe it is they must have had at least one witness that saw him up close and personal. That sketch is so accurate imo I think they found a previous victim.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thinking about the baby, I think the child is the reason they didn't leave until May 12th. All newborns have a 2 week follow up with a pediatrician that is arranged prior to leaving the hospital. It's an important visit because the weight and health of the baby are examined carefully. If KN had failed to bring the baby to the appointment, it would have resulted in nurses and possibly social workers on their tail to find out how that baby was doing. MOO but they left right after that check up... next one assuming all is well isn't until 2 months of age.

Good call. That makes a lot of sense and would also be a reason for not leaving the area possibly because she was pretty far along in her pregnancy.

Speaking of MH and JLM, great example of how 2 killers can operate in the same area (RAT and JLM). It's like MJK and whoever killed L and L. This is the kind of hing when I talk about coincidences, hence any skepticism re: DN (which has been worked through mostly).

True. two SK's were working/abducting in the same neighborhood, in the city I grew up in years ago.

LE have to be careful on this one, same with a DA's office.

Good call. That makes a lot of sense and would also be a reason for not leaving the area possibly because she was pretty far along in her pregnancy.

That, and the restraining order had yet to expire.

I cant negotiate quoting this find by Bigcityaccountant -- so I am just re-stating the link:

https://www.953mnc.com/2017/08/16/delphi-murder-investigators-find-dna-girls-killer/

"Investigators find the Delphi Killers DNA"

Quote below the fold, and I agree with it:

Mel September 12, 2017 at 3:48 pm Police did NOT say they had the killer’s DNA. They said they had collected DNA but absolutely nothing was said in the context of this article. Irresponsible journalism – fake news.

MOO is the focus should not be on DNA, the focus should be on placing someone at the CS on that day, at that time, or around the same time and place.

We've gone around and around about DNA on here, LE have not confirmed they have any specific person's DNA.

Someone in an earlier thread wondered how LE could clear so many sex offenders so quickly.

My belief is....

They have DNA. They can exclude potentials based on that profile and when they catch him, he will be caught.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

pretty sure that DNA story is creative writing by the reporter..
it's over a month old and no other news agency has picked it up that I've seen.

Just waiting on that vital presser ...I guess the good thing here is its a win /win situation..if DN isnt BG then a very scary character is off the streets and if he is .. oh boy :happydance:justice time

Someone in an earlier thread wondered how LE could clear so many sex offenders so quickly.

My belief is....

They have DNA. They can exclude potentials based on that profile and when they catch him, he will be caught.

Lets say they have DNA.

DN's DNA would be on file in South Carolina.

Then maybe he isn't the perp. Maybe they are looking for someone who isn't in the database.

I thought I read somewhere South Carolina destroys DNA after a certain amount of time, so DN's would have no longer been in their system. I do wonder though why they have spent all weekend out in Colorado speaking with him...

I thought I read somewhere South Carolina destroys DNA after a certain amount of time, so DN's would have no longer been in their system. I do wonder though why they have spent all weekend out in Colorado speaking with him...
That's one possibility. DNA and data also gets lost, destroyed, etc.

They wouldn't be out there is they didn't think there was at least a possibility.

I am another long, long time lurker. Found Websleuths due to my obsession with Jonbenet Ramsey. Followed other cases here and none of them ever affected me like this one. A few pages back (I am not quite caught up) someone wondered if the families of Libby and Abby were reading here. I was in a Facebook group discussion about DN and a question was asked about his whereabouts in June 2012. It was Elizabeth Collins' father. It broke my heart to imagine five years of searching for answers like Elizabeth and Lyric's families have had to do. I live in Iowa not too far from Evansdale. Sincerely praying that all these families get the answers they need.
Sal
Oh, that's so very sad. Thank-you for coming out of lurk mode to share that.

We all want to see the murderer (s) of these 4 precious girls removed from society.

Sometimes asking questions is all we can do.

Lets say they have DNA.

DN's DNA would be on file in South Carolina.

I always thought that DNA databases like CODIS and sex offender DNA registries contained the "full" DNA profile of an offender but I'm starting to be not 100% sure if that's the case. I'm starting to think, based on recent readings, that what is actually retained for each offender is a 13 segment snapshot of the full profile. Remember that the vast amount of information in the human genome is actually the same between all individuals but these are loci where there is significant human variation and it can be used to include or exclude a person of interest. And then, if a person cannot be excluded by comparison to the sample, full testing can be done on the complete DNA profile to be matched to what was specifically found at the scene. So if what was found at the Delphi crime scene was partial DNA, touch DNA - it may not be enough (or the right segments present) to compare to any sample DN has on file with an agency. I've said from the beginning that if BG took steps to destroy DNA evidence at the scene - anything from wiping their bodies with a piece of clothing to throwing stuff with his DNA on it in the water - he may not have done enough to eventually be totally excluded through full testing BUT he may have done enough to make comparison/matching a "hit" to DNA databases difficult.

Oceanblueyes responded to a post I made in thread 68 or 69 which I'm indicates they do have DNA. Will look for it. Moo.

Oh, that's so very sad. Thank-you for coming out of lurk mode to share that.

We all want to see the murderer (s) of these 4 precious girls removed from society.

Sometimes asking questions is all we can do.

Oh that is heartbreaking. I wish I didn't read that. :( (quote referenced in next post, 525)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44