50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimples, Gricar went missing after the amnesia victim was found. In my opinion our Benjamin looks like a professional person. That is more reason why I am baffled he was not found sooner. Could it be he was presumed drowned in a boating accident or something?

I just want to express my gratitude for all that you are doing. I am trying my best to keep up with you - there are so many good ideas out there! Benjaman and I are following every lead and looking into everything you put out there.

Thanks again.

Dimples, Gricar went missing after the amnesia victim was found. In my opinion our Benjamin looks like a professional person. That is more reason why I am baffled he was not found sooner. Could it be he was presumed drowned in a boating accident or something?

I'm thinking of a presumed dead situation as well. Benjaman has fallen through the cracks of missing person data bases for some reason. I think the next step is to search news reports during the time of his discovery at BK to see if there was any accidents/incidents during that time. Another poster commented on the Florida Hurricane evacuations. There are so many of us here. Maybe we can each take a state and be in charge of the state, local and county databases. And research news reports? That way there won't be as much duplication of searches while other areas are being missed? Taking your home state would be a good start. I'll take Utah if no one objects.

The fact that Benjaman was found minus clothing could indicate a water type misadventure. Car into water, boating accident, swimming?

I would think that whatever happened, happened really close to the BK. I don't think he would have gone far from whatever incident occured.

I just want to express my gratitude for all that you are doing. I am trying my best to keep up with you - there are so many good ideas out there! Benjaman and I are following every lead and looking into everything you put out there.

Thanks again.
Thanks for checking in with us and we are all here to help in your search, You have come to the right place, we never give up around here....Keep your chin up and were are all here anytime, or for any questions or if you need any help with research etc. Tell Benjaman we are all praying for his return to his real life and family.

I'm thinking of a presumed dead situation as well. Benjaman has fallen through the cracks of missing person data bases for some reason. I think the next step is to search news reports during the time of his discovery at BK to see if there was any accidents/incidents during that time. Another poster commented on the Florida Hurricane evacuations. There are so many of us here. Maybe we can each take a state and be in charge of the state, local and county databases. And research news reports? That way there won't be as much duplication of searches while other areas are being missed? Taking your home state would be a good start. I'll take Utah if no one objects.
I will take Oklahoma! This is a good idea!!

The fact that Benjaman was found minus clothing could indicate a water type misadventure. Car into water, boating accident, swimming?

I would think that whatever happened, happened really close to the BK. I don't think he would have gone far from whatever incident occured.

When I read about the no clothes issue, the first thing that popped into my mind and I dont know why is a gay sex thing gone wrong and they beat him. Please dont attack me I do not mean anything negative about being gay, but for some reason this popped into my head.

Then I thought of another angle, maybe he was in a relationship with a woman maybe a married woman and her husband showed up while they were in the act, he went beserk and attacked BK and dumped him off as is..

I have read alot about business men that travel alot for their jobs, some of them get lonely on the road and they keep mistresses in the towns they frequent. I also wonder if BK has a preference men or woman now ? That might help in finding out his true identity.

I'm following your line of thinking - and I agree. We've all poured over the missing person's sites in the last few weeks (not to mention all the searching Benjaman has done for the last 3 years!) to no avail. Although I'm sure there are sites that we haven't perused yet, if he was ever listed on a major site (ncma for example) it seems we should have found him by now. Please please keep checking the all the missing person sites, that's not what I'm getting at.

I do think this could be a case of presumed dead OR as someone mentioned earlier, a case where LE at the time wouldn't take the missing persons report. (Such as the troubles Maureen, wife of missing Jon Van Dyke, has had with his case (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51148)

I like the idea of searching for news articles from the time surrounding Mr. Kyle's "find", hopefully something will surface soon. I will take Nebraska. :)

When I read about the no clothes issue, the first thing that popped into my mind and I dont know why is a gay sex thing gone wrong and they beat him. Please dont attack me I do not mean anything negative about being gay, but for some reason this popped into my head.

Well any thought is a good one at this point. A odd set of circumstances is what probably happened. It also could be a person who was responsible for Benjaman's injuries never reported him missing, because they didn't intend for him to be found.

You guys are fantastic!

SS-OK
AJ1020-NB
SuziQ-Utah

I am currently on page 7 of Google news search "presumed drowned+2004. Nothing sticks out yet, but I can see exactly how this scenario could happen.

I thought about the water angle as well. The Ogeechee River appears to run through Richamond Hill leading to the Ossabaw Sound & Atlantic Ocean. Wonder what types of activities and/or industry are most prevalent along the river?

I'll take Texas, I've actually already done some searching for "presumed drown" in Florida.

Another question I have that I feel is very important is what was BK's health & hygeine like when he was found? I know he was in bad shape due to the beating, fire ant bites & sun exposure, but what I mean is, what was the length of his hair, the condition of his fingernails, his dental health? What was his toxicology? I say this because it could very well be that BK was a transient & that no one would know to report him missing. I agree that he looks very well put together & business like at this point, however it is amazing what a little soap, a haircut & some decent clothes can do for a person, no offense meant to BK. BK could have been someone who rode the trains as there is a railroad that goes right through Richmond Hill at I-95 & HWY 17, very close to the Burger King. One scenario could be that BK along with some of the other train riders got off the train in Richmond Hill to get some food. It's possible that BK was beaten up by his fellow train riders simply because he had money at the Burger King & they didn't, however small the amount. They could have beaten him up for his money & stole his clothes, being that clothes can be a hot commodity in the transient community. If alcohol were involved that could possibly explain why BK laid there & was exposed to the sun & fire ants for so long. I would suggest emailing Salvation Army centers, homeless shelters, etc. in addition to our other searches. Just a thought...

I have done a very limited amount of searching here in Indiana. If anyone else would like to help with Indiana I would appreciate it. I think Indy should be looked at very closley since he seems to have some memories of Indy and maybe the sourrounding states to Indiana, It seems like every other person in Indiana came from Kentucky and the were born and raised there but grew up and moved to Indiana looking for better jobs.

Also, I dont know if it would be worth all the extra work to search states far away from Georgia for a presumed drowning, and then have him turn up on the other side of the country still naked doesnt seem likely but who knows

Here is a report of a missing boater on White Oak Creek along the Satilla River, Ga on 8-10-04:

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/46504/

Another missing boater in July:

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/43974/

Missing swimmer at Tybee in June:
http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/41654/

Missing diver in May off St. Marys GA:
http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/37886/

Boater (John Nance) missing in Silver Creek, SC in 4-19-04:
http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/36683/

I also checked their later releases to see if any of these were found, but they didn't mention them again.

Still checking Oklahoma, but haven't come up with anything here.

Yeah I wonder about more information about when he was found. I mean homeless people werent always homeless and they at one time took better care of their appearance. I wonder more about his injuries, what made him unconsceience and how long approx he was laying there? The day before? What were ALL the injuries. Did he smell of alcohol? Did the person who dumped him think he was dead? Then I go back to the traveling businessman senario, I have heard of men leaving their wifes and just up and leaving and never looking back. Could this be what he did and he has never been officially listed as missing, because if someone just leaves you because you werent getting along etc. You would really have no reason to report them missing or have any idea they were "missing" if you think they left because they wanted to leave.

Also, I dont know if it would be worth all the extra work to search states far away from Georgia for a presumed drowning, and then have him turn up on the other side of the country still naked doesnt seem likely but who knows

The presumed drowning angle would be somewhere close by, I would assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member