NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #2

I do not believe that is a match either. However, not because of the comment about the missing teeth post mortem, because wouldn't that mean "after death"?

Another question, off-topic. That man on the doe network was found in a cauldron. Can someone tell me what a cauldron is, because the only time I have ever heard that term is "witch's cauldron". Surely there is another meaning.

Sure, it is possible, but given the physical placement of the missing teeth, and the cauldron scenario, missing part of jaw, this is telling me they did not want the person's ID known, for a reason.

The cauldron thing if it is what I think it is, is part of a ritual

You are right Blink. I did some further investigation on the skull being found and police did believe it was part of a ritual, since the skull was found inside a pot with a horseshoe and some other objects.

Sorry for hijacking thread!!! Back to Kyle. Wish we could find some updates. At least something that would show LE are still searching.

A foundation has been established in Kyle's honor/memory:

A year after Kyle Fleischmann disappeared, a foundation with his name is helping people whose loved ones are missing.

The Kyle Fleischmann Foundation grew out of initial efforts to find the 2006 Elon University graduate after he disappeared the morning of Nov. 9, 2007 in his native city of Charlotte. He was 24 when he disappeared.

The foundation's goals include educating people on how to take action if someone they know is missing.

Daniel Scagnelli, an Elon graduate who was a close friend and fraternity brother of Fleischmann, is the foundation's executive director. He said many people believe police can't take a missing-person report until 24 to 48 hours have passed, but that isn't true.

Scagnelli said the foundation wants to help people know how to approach the police, the media and private investigators for help if someone they know is missing. The foundation plans to provide speakers who can go to schools and businesses to educate people about what to do when someone is missing.

The foundation's Web site is www.thekff.org. Its phone number is 919-880-8388.

More at link:
http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/foundation_19351___article.html/people_missing.html

New witness located in Kyle Fleischmann case

~snip

"The Fleischmanns’ own investigation uncovered a witness the police never found. They shared exclusive details with us about a pizza employee who they say might have made a difference in this case -- if only.

"We all think if only he'd called me, if only, a million what if's,” said Kyle’s mom, Barbara.

We know Kyle made six final phone calls on his cell phone between 2:22 and 3:28 that morning, all traced to four blocks in uptown.

"It’s a pretty simple area to focus on to find out what happened to him," Barbara said.

Video discovered nearly three months after Kyle's disappearance appears to capture him walking towards Fuel Pizza -- one of the only places open that time of night.

"Probably should have been on this a lot sooner,” Dick Fleischmann said.

He’s talking about a Fuel Pizza worker who claims he served the 24-year-old that night.

"He came in alone. He ordered his pizza. I put it through the oven. He went straight to the bathroom. He came back out. He grabbed his food,” the employee said.

He says he clearly remembers Kyle coming in that night."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-110308-al-missing_kyle.17723c861.html

New witness located in Kyle Fleischmann case

~snip

"The Fleischmanns’ own investigation uncovered a witness the police never found. They shared exclusive details with us about a pizza employee who they say might have made a difference in this case -- if only.

"We all think if only he'd called me, if only, a million what if's,” said Kyle’s mom, Barbara.

We know Kyle made six final phone calls on his cell phone between 2:22 and 3:28 that morning, all traced to four blocks in uptown.

"It’s a pretty simple area to focus on to find out what happened to him," Barbara said.

Video discovered nearly three months after Kyle's disappearance appears to capture him walking towards Fuel Pizza -- one of the only places open that time of night.

"Probably should have been on this a lot sooner,” Dick Fleischmann said.

He’s talking about a Fuel Pizza worker who claims he served the 24-year-old that night.

"He came in alone. He ordered his pizza. I put it through the oven. He went straight to the bathroom. He came back out. He grabbed his food,” the employee said.

He says he clearly remembers Kyle coming in that night."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-110308-al-missing_kyle.17723c861.html

Im confused, I am Positive I knew about this witness and he had no corroberation- did I miss something?

Im confused, I am Positive I knew about this witness and he had no corroberation- did I miss something?

If I understood this correctly, this witness moved away and was never interviewed by LE. Since LE are saying they had spoken to several people from the pizza place, perhaps you are thinking of someone else? I am not sure how this witness could have influenced the investigation, though (as mentioned in the article), since LE seem quite sure the pizza place had nothing to do with Kyle's disappearance. I also wasn't clear on what happened after Kyle "grabbed his food", does this mean he took teh food and left?..

Didn't catch the story - just a blip registered, but Charlotte police and cadaver dogs were searching an area in Charlotte after a human skull was found. Didn't hear any details as far as adult etc, but that numerous police, search dogs and cadaver dogs spent Christmas Day searching the area. Thought about Kyle. While I hope he isn't dead, after this much time you suspect he is. At least it would be some sort of answer even if a tragic one.

Does anyone know if the remains have been identified? I know it probably takes longer than a few days. I've been following this thread on Kyle since the beginning and would like to see some type of closure for his family.

i've been watching for any info about this but so far haven't heard if they've identified the remains. not that i wish for kyle to be dead but sure hope if he is that this would be him so family can have closure.

The remains haven't been identified, but today's Charlotte Observer says the remains are estimated between one and five years old and likely are from a Caucasian man between 18 and 30, according to police. They're treating it as a homicide.

Several commenters on the website have suggested that it might be Kyle. I can't think of any other missing people in the area that might fit that description, except maybe Travis Baker from Claremont. Claremont isn't terribly close by, but considering the remains were found near the airport, I guess it's plausible.

Thank you Hucklepie. It sounds more and more like this could be Kyle. As much as I wanted him to be found I can't help but feel a little sick and sad that it might really be him.

Saying extra prayers for his family.

It isn't Kyle. :( Still praying for a resolution. . . .
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-123008-al-remains_found.1fefb691.html

Segment:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Police say human remains found near a construction site in southwest Charlotte belong to a murder victim, but not Kyle Fleischmann.

On Tuesday, the medical examiner released a description of the victim that matches the Fleischmann case almost perfectly. Investigators looked at the possibility this week, but we're told that police are absolutely positive the remains found last week are not those of Fleischmann.

I don't know whether that's a relief or if that just makes it worse. Like lizzybeth said, I wanted it to be him for closure for his family, but at the same time you hate to wish that kind of thing on anyone.

The WCNC article said they have about 30 cases that match that description - hard to believe there are THAT many local missing people that haven't been publicized at all. I wonder how they ruled out Kyle so quickly?

I'll be uptown near Kyle's favorite haunts tomorrow night. I never go out there anymore without thinking about him.

Hucklepie, before I knew that it wasn't Kyle I was wondering how they would identify him. I would think that Kyle's parents have given LE his dental records just in case. The remains that were found probably still had teeth so they may have compared them to Kyle's dental records. That would be a quick way to eliminate him and others.

Kyle Fleischmann case again on America's Most Wanted

For a second time, America's Most Wanted will feature the mysterious disappearance of 25-year-old Kyle Fleischmann and ask the country for tips to his whereabouts.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Det. Johnnie Tuttle plans to travel to Washington D.C. for the show, which airs on Saturday at 9 p.m. He and others will be manning tip lines if anyone calls in after watching the episode. Fleischmann also was featured on a Dec. 1, 2007, episode.

The Elon University graduate was last seen near the Buckhead Saloon in uptown on Friday, Nov. 9, 2007.

According to police, Fleischmann was there with a group of friends. They left between 11 p.m. Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday, but Fleischmann stayed.

He called his sister, Noelle, but hung up without leaving a message at about 2:20 a.m. He made more calls around 3 a.m., but no one answered. Cell phone signals indicate he was still in the uptown area.

Fleischmann was discovered after he failed to show up for work Nov. 9.

Though there are thousands of missing persons reported each year, far fewer disappear and are not heard from, police say. Fleischmann's case has garnered the spotlight because of an intense and public search mounted by family and friends.

Since his disappearance, supporters started the Kyle FleischmannFoundation, which focuses on missing adults. The foundation has held a golf tournament, banquet and candlelight vigil.

Anyone with information about Fleischmann can call CMPD detectives at 704-432-TIPS or Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/503886.html

Bumping for Kyle tonight. I just watched the story on AMW again. My prayers are with his family.

Just on our local news.........bringing in cadaver dogs to an area in uptown Charlotte. It is at 16th and Davidson. Construction site. Got a warrant to search the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back