Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

wow...oh wow...I never thought anyone would ever be charged! So happy

I am in absolute awe in some of the Law Enforcement agencies I read about. Thank you for never giving up on these 2 girls. May peace finally come upon these families.

I see that he's going to attempt the usual insanity defense. I sincerely hope the jury sees through it, convicts him, and sentences him to death.

Absolutely heinous crime that demands the ultimate punishment.

I can't believe it. This case has gone on so long. Why did he do this? His statement about "monsters", is he trying to set up an insanity defense? What's this guy's history?

Oh my god!!!! I just went to CNN and saw this! OMG!

So, could this guy be connected to any other crimes? I'm not familiar with Oklahoma geography to know which cases could be linked.

I can't believe it. This case has gone on so long. Why did he do this? His statement about "monsters", is he trying to set up an insanity defense? What's this guy's history?

The insanity defense is surely coming as night follows day.

November 19th article snipped:

WELEETKA — Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents might attend an Oklahoma City gun show this weekend to seek information about a gun thought to have been used in the slaying of two Weleetka-area girls.
“There is the possibility agents will be at the gun show,” agency spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Friday. If so, they will be handing out information seeking the whereabouts of a Glock .40-caliber handgun, Brown said.
Investigators think the weapon was used in the shooting deaths of Skyla Whitaker, 11, and Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13. Their bodies were found June 8, 2008, on a dirt road near Weleetka.
Families of both victims said an Okfuskee County man, Kevin Sweat, 25, was an acquaintance of Taylor's mother, Jennifer, and that Sweat's grandfather lives near Paschal-Placker's home and the scene of the shooting four miles northeast of Weleetka.
Joe Mosher, Taylor's great-uncle, said a relative of Sweat's gave investigators a receipt for the Glock pistol, which is how OSBI obtained the gun's serial number.
The OSBI has declined to comment on the claims made by the victims' relatives or whether Sweat is a person of interest.

Read more: http://newsok.com/osbi-still-seeking-gun-in-weleetka-slayings/article/3624601#ixzz1g52kIMhv

I remember reading about Ashley's Death. Does Oklahoma have the Death Penalty?

oh wow.
thank goodness.

:praying: for the girls' families, and that they will finally see justice.

Oh me Oh my! Oh me Oh my! I never thought we would see this day!!!!

FINALLY! The wheels 0f justice have turned in favor or Taylor and Skyla!

Praise the Good Lord above!

I'll worry 'bout KS mental state later. Right now, I am rejoicing!

Thanks to JackAMW for sending in that tip and giving us the heads up a few months back!

wm

Originally Posted by gitana1

Let's hope the "monsters" get him!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho