Victim: Megan Waterman, 22, missing June 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

He is not claiming to be an expert here. I said that. I was merely asking him as a fellow poster. I think any future comments about this should be addressed to the moderators.

It's all good.

The more posts there are, the clearer and easier things get.

Isn't it amazing that when the victim threads got bumped, there has been so much activity?

If there is a question about a WS member and their credentials, please alert a moderator and don't discuss it on the forum.

Thanks.

On the opposite side of LI Expressway, there appears to be an industrial area. Twinco is there, and so are a bunch of other companies. Any number of them might use burlap bags. Twinco stood out to me because it supplies railroad parts, and we have several connections to NY Port Authority. I'm just tossing darts at blind targets really...but the question itself is a good one, I think. Why this location? If it's work related, I would think he would have to work somewhere that has a late shift...he met Megan sometime after 1 am.

I dunno...just tossing around some random thoughts.

That's in a different industrial park around 3 miles away from the Holiday Inn Express.

Has WS vetted his credentials?

If you are referring to me. I have no credentials to speak of on this matter other than the fact I am a retired NYPD detective of 29 years service. 26 years of those years was as a detective. For 10 or the first 15 years I was the bodyguard/chauffer/aide/chief bottle washer for three of the Manh District Attorneys. My last 10 years on the Job were in Queens Homicide. I have opinions just like the rest or you posters, LE, or not.

Opinions are like Hemorroids, every A Hole has them sooner of later.

During my 10 years in Homicide I would guess that 2500 homicides came across my desk one way or another. Not suggesting for a second I investigated 2500 homicides. Some of those cases lasted days, weeks, or months, some only lasted hours.

Did more than my share of murdered hookers dumped in various places,including desolate areas.

All I have to offer is my experience working homicides. Some times I was wrong, many times I was right. That doesn't make me an expert on this particular case.

Believe me when I say I worked on my share of cases that someone screwed up and we never got the murderer. Most of it comes from Egos fighting with each other. Many screw ups come about because some detectives lock on a theory and refuse to move off it no matter what the evidence tells them.

In the Son of Sam investigation there were many suspects. One fellow tried his best to do everything to convince the detectives he was SAM. On the night of the Moskowitz Homicide a detective that believed this person was SAM went to the guy;s door and rang the bell. that guy answered the door and the detective was so pissed he punched the guy in the mouth and left.

That's in a different industrial park around 3 miles away from the Holiday Inn Express.

Hey dc!

Would you happen to know what is nearby this Holiday Inn? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated!

Hey dc!

Would you happen to know what is nearby this Holiday Inn? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated!

Whoa...look at all the interesting businesses nearby:

holiday inn express hauppauge new york - Google Maps

A trucking company (Peterbilt), a refrigeration supply company, what appears to be a mini-storage place...

very interesting businesses that all seem to have very large buildings.

http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-in-atlantic-city/murdered-atlantic-city-prostitute-spent-5-weeks

I read that Kim Raffo had stayed in a LI hotel/motel for over a month right before her death in AC. I don't remember the name. Was it one of the hotels/motels mentioned in GB4 investigation?

No, I think HA said it was called Meadowbrook. It definitely wasn't HI. Now, of course it is possible that she stayed there, but it's never been mentioned in any of the articles I've read.

Whoa...look at all the interesting businesses nearby:

A trucking company (Peterbilt), a refrigeration supply company, what appears to be a mini-storage place...

very interesting businesses that all seem to have very large buildings.

My guess (and it's just a guess since I'm nowhere near LI, nor have I ever been to Hauppage) is that this area is pretty deserted at night. I think the quote on the review for the Holiday Inn kind of tells us that the area is mostly quiet. The drug deals in the parking lot along with a staff that reportedly doesn't seem to care point to a quiet, sparsely populated area at night.

My guess (and it's just a guess since I'm nowhere near LI, nor have I ever been to Hauppage) is that this area is pretty deserted at night. I think the quote on the review for the Holiday Inn kind of tells us that the area is mostly quiet. The drug deals in the parking lot along with a staff that reportedly doesn't seem to care point to a quiet, sparsely populated area at night.

It is. My daughters' baton school is in that industrial park. They sometimes have classes at 7:00pm. The only people I ever see are the ones going to and from class.

Here's another map of the Holiday Inn:

The refrigeration company appears to be right next door. If you zoom out, you'll see that the hotel is somewhat isolated. Do we know how far out of the parking lot Megan went?

Edit: the map didn't link the picture I wanted to show. If you look at the marker for the hotel, it's not really correct. The hotel would be toward the left of the marker that Google lists. Zoom in and you'll see what I'm talking about.

So, let me make sure I've got things straight.

Megan Waterman disappeared from a hotel at 1:30am, Sunday, from a hotel that may or may not call the police when you ask them to, in an area that is basically deserted?

Here's another map of the Holiday Inn:

The refrigeration company appears to be right next door. If you zoom out, you'll see that the hotel is somewhat isolated. Do we know how far out of the parking lot Megan went?

Edit: the map didn't link the picture I wanted to show. If you look at the marker for the hotel, it's not really correct. The hotel would be toward the left of the marker that Google lists. Zoom in and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I can't find any info about how far out Megan went.

According to Mountain Kat in post #2 of this thread, Megan "was last seen on a security tape at 1:30 am, walking away from an Express Holiday Inn in Happauge, NY."

I can't find any info about how far out Megan went.

According to Mountain Kat in post #2 of this thread, Megan "was last seen on a security tape at 1:30 am, walking away from an Express Holiday Inn in Happauge, NY."

in one of the tv shows, Megan's mom said she actually walked from the Holiday Inn to a store. I researched & it appears the closest convenience store is called "On the Run" located at 360 W Wheeler Rd. I always wondered if police ever checked the store's surveillance camera.

I apologize if this question has been asked but, does anyone know if the area in which this hotel is located is known for criminal activity?

I've only seen reports of criminal activity at the hotel itself.

When I map the convenience store, it looks like she walked straight down that road that the hotel is on. She would have walked past a very isolated section until she reached the gas station/store. The gas station is not far off the Long Island Expressway; but there is also a residential area on the other side of the road from the gas station. He either picked her up and drove her to the residential area, or got on the expressway. If there is surveillance from the store, it would answer the questions about what she did next.

I've only seen reports of criminal activity at the hotel itself.

When I map the convenience store, it looks like she walked straight down that road that the hotel is on. She would have walked past a very isolated section until she reached the gas station/store. The gas station is not far off the Long Island Expressway; but there is also a residential area on the other side of the road from the gas station. He either picked her up and drove her to the residential area, or got on the expressway. If there is surveillance from the store, it would answer the questions about what she did next.

I sort of doubt that the police went to the trouble of checking the store's surveillance.

And thinking more about it, we don't really even know if Waterman had a Craigslist date that night. It could have been a "good samaritan" who just gave her a ride...

Megan disappeared from the Express Holiday Inn in Hauppauge. We know from DS that the killer also asked Amber to meet him at this same hotel, though Amber refused. So what's the draw to this particular hotel? What's near there that makes this place so convenient for him? Work? Home? Something.

Here is the location of my POI's sister's bizz and her home marked as "A" and "C"

ATLANTICMyPOIssisterandherbizzlocversusExpressINN.jpg

Add to that that my POI stated himself Oct 14, 2011 that:

"i went up to LI once back in june 2010 to see my sister, and parents graves, and then again in may 2011."

Megan Waterman disappeared June 6th 2010 from the Holiday Inn Express marked on the map as "B".

(Note he only ment his patents graves, his sister is very much alive, he was visiting her June 2010, but I don´t know what date)

the business between the Holiday Inn Express and the convenience store is Abco Refrigeration.

maybe the guy is a trucker?

Megan disappeared from the Express Holiday Inn in Hauppauge. We know from DS that the killer also asked Amber to meet him at this same hotel, though Amber refused. So what's the draw to this particular hotel? What's near there that makes this place so convenient for him? Work? Home? Something.

A gentleman's club with ties to organized crime five minutes down the road?

A secluded parking lot where drug dealers frequent often?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back