University professor, wife killed in Nebraska *Arrest Made*

-a severely disgruntled or mentally ill former medical student
-a severely disgruntled or mentally ill employee (past or present) of the university
-someone who is trying to conceal the motive of the first murder by leading the FBI/police on a wild goose chase

I think your first thought was the most likely. When you get a pathology report back from a university lab, the result doesn't specify which pathologist examined the specimen. The bill only lists the department like "University of Pittsburgh Physicians Pathology". Maybe some sicko is trying to "punish" all of the pathology department because he/she doesn't know the pathologist that incorrectly read a specimen? It seems logical to think that the sicko previously shot the housekeeper not knowing that this person was not a university pathologist or his wife.

BBM: When you get the BILL, the physician is not specified, but when you get the REPORT from the medical record, it is definitely signed. It is part of the medical record, and a signature is REQUIRED.

Police appear to be nowhere close to solving the first murder. So I am not sure what would be the point of concealing motive for the first murder-police don't appear to have a clue so they are confused as it is.

Quote (from post above on this page)
On Friday, May 10, Brumback attended a meeting in Lincoln as a member of the Nebraska Board of Medicine and Surgery, the licensing board for physicians in Nebraska.

Brumback was not due to work again at Creighton until the following Tuesday. He didn't show up for work that day, and it was later that morning that the bodies of Brumback and his wife were found. While police have not said when they believe the deaths occurred, it appears in their questioning at one point last week that they were focusing on a time frame between Sunday night and Monday.

Did Dr. Brumback just return from a meeting where he had voted to terminate or suspend someone's medical license? What was the purpose of that meeting? Was his license in jeopardy?

http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Licensure/Documents/030113medminutes.pdf

Dr. Brumback was the secretary of the board. The minutes from the May meeting are not posted (possibly, they are being withheld?). But from other minutes I looked through, the board goes into 'closed session' when considering these matters (suspensions and the like) and the particulars are not found in the minutes what get posted online.

It would be interesting to know Dr. Brumback's malpractice history, but it's possible that someone could have been very upset at one of Dr. Brumback's diagnosis and never filed a malpractice claim.

http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Licensure/Documents/030113medminutes.pdf

Dr. Brumback was the secretary of the board. The minutes from the May meeting are not posted (possibly, they are being withheld?). But from other minutes I looked through, the board goes into 'closed session' when considering these matters (suspensions and the like) and the particulars are not found in the minutes what get posted online.

Thanks for finding and posting that. Not knowing why Dr. Brumback was killed, the other board members have to be frightened. :(

It would be interesting to know Dr. Brumback's malpractice history, but it's possible that someone could have been very upset at one of Dr. Brumback's diagnosis and never filed a malpractice claim.

Did he actually see any patients as of late? He was a chairman of a department in an University.

Cannot find any disciplinary action or malpractice claims, but I DID find out that the man was QUADRUPLE board-certified in Neuropathology,Anatomic Pathology,Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology.

That's impressive folks!

Did he actually see any patients as of late? He was a chairman of a department in an University.

Pathologists don't 'see patients'. They head up medical laboratories, pathology labs, and conduct autopsies. They look at tissue samples under a microscope and decide what type of pathology (cancer etc) is found in the sample submitted. Many pathologists in smaller counties serve as the coroner as well.

Police appear to be nowhere close to solving the first murder. So I am not sure what would be the point of concealing motive for the first murder-police don't appear to have a clue so they are confused as it is.

Plus, from the chief's conference it's not really known if the cases are connected...he made a point of saying they will be looking into that and all possibilities are open..

Cannot find any disciplinary action or malpractice claims, but I DID find out that the man was QUADRUPLE board-certified in Neuropathology,Anatomic Pathology,Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology.

That's impressive folks!
Wow. Thanks for sharing that info.

Belenky may have been punted from Creighton's pathology residency. Dr. Hunter and Dr. Brumback were the attending physicians (=made the decision to punt him). Belenky somehow found a forensic pathology fellowship through Allegheny General and the coroner's office in Pittsburgh and finished. He never passed his boards exams though.

Because Hunter and Brumback were his attending physicians during his residency, they would be contacted as references by anyone inquiring about Belenky's competency/mental stability/work ethic and etc...

The matching thing is unlikely - the retiring physician would probably not even be involved in the selection process. Creighton would not be considered a 'plum' assignment in the pathology world either- not bad, mind you, but certainly there are more attractive programs for an aggressive and driven new MD.

HOWEVER, the Calgary pathologist who is referenced above..... that's an entirely plausible avenue of exploration. Good work finding those articles (even though the first one won't open for me)

Few students graduating from med school can afford to go into primary care now. Their medical school loans total over $250,000. (My oldest is in med school now.) Any specialty is highly sought after because of their medical school loans and pathologists earn over $300,000+/year. Someone who chose Creighton Pathology first and didn't "match" for this might be very
upset.

Here is the reference for Belenky finishing his training at Allegheny County Coroner's Office. I can't tell if he was punted from Creighton or if he finished and Allegheny was only a fellowship after completing a basic pathology residency.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...lenky-forensic-pathologist-certification.html

Google "solve the thomas hunter murder" for the first link that won't open.

So; here are the only three research articles I could find listing Belenky as co-author. All three are in the Journal of Comparative Neurology and a Gary E. Pickard is listed as co-author in all three.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/advanced/search/results?searchRowCriteria[0].queryString=%22Michael%20A.%20Belenky%22&searchRowCriteria[0].fieldName=author&start=1&resultsPerPage=20

"Heterogeneous expression of γ-aminobutyric acid and γ-aminobutyric acid-associated receptors and transporters in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleus"

"Subcellular distribution of 5-HT1b and 5-HT7 receptors in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleus"

"Melanopsin retinal ganglion cells receive bipolar and amacrine cell synapses"

The first two appear to be possibly two articles derived from the same study and I'm not sure about the third.

If you are suffering from insomnia- I HIGHLY recommend this journal for your bedtime reading! :)

Maybe the veterinarian researcher sought out Dr. Belanky and not vice versa.

I can't find any articles that state the police located Dr. Belenky after he left the lab in Canada. Can anyone else? Is he intentionally "missing"? That's scary. Maybe he returned to Russia?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back