WA - Washington's Missing Foster Kids

Thanks, SheWho.

So maybe it's a good idea to just 'adopt' a few at a time.. so that commitment can be made. I'm very willing to follow through but I doubt I could stay consistent with more than 4-5 cases at a time tbh. Perhaps it'd be cool to 'adopt' a few who don't already have thread here.

So far I've got :
Destiny Rose Hicks
Nicholas Lippert

I'll pick three more to commit to once I've had my coffee!

Oh probably, all the more reason to find them, the streets are awfully dangerous for a teen alone with no support, or the support ends up being pimps etc.

Yes exactly! I mean Seattle IMO is a lot safer then other major cities but pimps and people into hard drugs obviously do exist and would try and take advantage of kids and teens with nowhere to go but the street...

Also IMO LE in Seattle basically ignores missing persons cases with teens unless there is some kind of weird circumstances or known dangers, otherwise they chalk it up to "just another runaway kid who's tired of mom and dads rules and wants to party" etc. It's lame and terrible and not all those kids on that list are "just runaways". I've always felt LE could do better because there isn't even that many murders or "gang problems", other violent cases, etc, I feel like they could focus in a bit more. /:

I -reallllyyyy- do not like the mentality of 'just runaways'.

Kids out in the streets, even it's that where they are voluntarily are STILL kids, and placing themselves in danger.

My own child took to running off after her father abandoned her. It was a harrowing, horrible time I am still not quite over, despite she's long past this behaviour now (THANK GOODNESS!) and all's well. The police here were after her, quick-smart, though, and I felt they were doing all they could do to locate her. Mind, if she'd been a few years older, I don't know if they'd have tried so hard.

Having your child go missing even for a few hours or days is the most gut wrenching thing --- and this is why I feel so much for those foster kids without much info, I think. My daughter has a mother who went mad with worry nearly, and didn't rest until she was safe home (even though I knew who she was with, and that she wasn't dead, as she couldn't help contacting me while she was gone.. we are very close, and I am thankful she thought to at least do that) Anyways. A very different picture for many of these 'lost' kids, I think.

But they do have parents out there, and surely some of those parents care what's happened to their babies.

It all makes me so sad. I want to save them all. :(

This is quite an undertaking, Ausgirl. It looks like this article you posted has 66 missing children listed. http://www.kirotv.com/gallery/news/washington-states-missing-children/gCCpK/#3735530 Is anybody planning to make a master list of the missing children so people don't duplicate efforts?

One of the more recent appears to be Annmarie Rold. Listed as an endangered runaway.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1220301&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

We have a thread for her in the Missing Person Information and Support section of the forum, but not a discussion thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218331&highlight=rold

WA - AnneMarie Rold, 16, Medical Lake, 11 Jul 2013
DOB: Jan 30, 1997
Missing: Jul 11, 2013
Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Eyes: Blue
Race: White
Age Now: 16
Sex: Female
Weight: 115lbs (52kg)
Hair: Blonde
Missing From:
MEDICAL LAKE
WA
United States

I can't find much more about her.

This is fantastic!! I will do some searching on one of the children after I get home.

This girl is missing from my home town, Medical Lake is a VERY small community. We just moved to Alabama, but I will put this on my Facebook and shoot a few messages out.

Ausgirl, would you mind marking the names of the "adoptees" on the master list?

I will take 9- 1 for each of my adopted foster children. I'll go back through the names already taken first :)

This is fantastic!! I will do some searching on one of the children after I get home.

This girl is missing from my home town, Medical Lake is a VERY small community. We just moved to Alabama, but I will put this on my Facebook and shoot a few messages out.

There's people who know exactly where this girl is. I can't say much, but people have called in the tip. I'm calling again tomorrow if she's still up on the site.

dilly'smom, yes, I'm happy to start reposting the list of who's 'adopted' who.. having a bit of a crazy day here, visitors popping in unexpected and so on. But yes, on it and I hope that'll be up in an hour or 2 at most.

Thank you so much. :)

ETA - if the others who've started looking into cases could let me know if there's some they'd like to make threads for /update/commit to long-term, I can check them off on the list, just so we're clear on who's got who. :)

I'll go through searches for existing threads and add those to the list as well, so doing that now.

Oh and gosh, don't know how I didn't think of this right away - sad it is, maybe one of the aspects of 'adopting' a case here could be checking them against possible Unidentifieds. Especially for those who've been missing for some time.. :(

Okay! Here's a preliminary masterlist that doesn't yet have each missing persons poster attached (that's coming soon) - and I've done my best with thread searches, I hope I haven't missed any!

I have only marked the kids off who posters have said they'll definitely 'adopt' as an ongoing project. Of course any member is welcome to make a thread/comment/support/sleuth any of these cases! But adopting here means making a bit of a long term committment to a case, and following it up regularly.

So if you choose to 'adopt', please copy this list with asterix next to the name, and the name bolded, and your username beside it for reference.

And please repost/update too if you make a thread for a child who hasn't got one yet. :)

Whew! The veriest beginnings of organising this. But we'll get there! And hopefully bring a few of these kids home in the process!

Estrella Arevalo Ceja (Star) (foster) - no thread yet

Agueda Arias - WA Agueda Elizabeth Arias (3) - Longview WA, 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ashley Barbour - WA WA - Ashley Evelyn Barbour, 14, Colville, 26 July 2013 - with man met online - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Lindsey J. Baum - Lindsey Baum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (has a forum)

Medina Blackbonnet - no thread yet

Tahjarae Brown (Ray) - WA WA - Tahjarae Brown, 16, Seattle, 13 Apr 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Lateyce Charles - no thread yet

Amanda Chavez - no thread yet

Danica Childs - WA WA - Danica Dianne Childs, 17, Federal Way, 21 Dec 2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Serena Colborn - no thread yet

Misty Copsey - WA WA - Misty Copsey, 14, Tacoma, 17 Sept 1992 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Joseph Crapser - no thread yet

Sammy Creasong - no thread yet

Kayla Croft-Payne - www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122746

Alejandra Davalos - WA WA - Alejandra Davalos, 3, and Nicholas Sherlock, 5, Lynnwood, 16 Jun 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mikayla Davis - no thread yet

Jonathan Epperson - no thread yet

Kaliyah Farris - no thread yet

Ronald Frye - WA WA - Ronald William Frye, 15, Coupeville, 25 Sept 1993 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mickayla Gibson - no thread yet

Richard L. Haynes Jr. (Cody) - WA WA - Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr., 11, Kittitas, 12 Sept 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Paige Hein - no thread yet

Salina Henry - no thread yet

Bryce Herda - WA Bryce Florian Herda (6) - Neah Bay WA, 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

**Destiny Hicks (foster) - no thread yet - adopted by Ausgirl

Tyler Inman - WA Tyler Jennings Inman (3) - Aberdeen WA, 1982 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Lenoria Jones - WA WA - Lenoria E. Jones, 3, Tacoma, 20 July 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sofia Juarez - WA WA - Sofia Juarez, 5, Kennewick, 3 Feb 2003 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ruthie Kindness - WA WA - Ruthie Fawn Kindness, 20, Parkland, 7 Feb 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Keymani Kirby - no thread yet

Jeffrey Klungness - WA WA - Jeffrey Allen Klungness, 14, Sumner, 2 March 1996 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Faith Lane - no thread yet

Teekah Lewis - www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38987

*** Nicholas Lippert (foster) - no thread yet - adopted by Ausgirl

Chloe Lusian - WA WA - Chloe Lusian, 2, Seattle, 17 Feb 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Katya Lyne - WA Katya Marie Lyne (15) - Federal Way WA, 1997 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Asia Marquis - no thread yet

Christopher Merrill - no thread yet

Sky Metalwala - WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (19 threads)

** Demetrius Miller - no thread yet - adopted by Ausgirl

Jasmine-Lee Moore - no thread yet

Tania Moore - no thread yet

Laasia Morris - no thread yet

Clint Nichols - no thread yet

Kendria Noland-Ramirez - no thread yet

Jasmin Palmer - no thread yet

Jordan Parker - no thread yet

Loukthayoth Phiangdae - WA WA - Loukthayoth "Luke" Yoshi Phiangdae, 11, Raymond, 6 Feb 1996 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Joseph Pichler - WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Chynia Rodgers - no thread yet

AnnMarie Rold (Annie) - no thread yet

Jasmine Sajedi - www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58161

Rosario Sanchez (Rosie) - no thread yet

Nicholas Sherlock - WA WA - Alejandra Davalos, 3, and Nicholas Sherlock, 5, Lynnwood, 16 Jun 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

** Chinook Sparr (Nook) (foster) - no thread yet - adopted by Ausgirl

Kandi Stigall - no thread yet

Oscar Torres (foster) - no thread yet

Lourdes Villanueva (foster) - no thread yet - though a query - same name in CA?

Darci Warde - WA WA - Darci Warde, 16, Seattle, 24 April 1990 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Jesi WhiteAntelope (foster) - no thread yet

Atalya White - no thread yet

Celina Wieberholt - no thread yet

** Shelby Wright - WA WA - Shelby Raistlin Wright, 14, Snohomish, 26 July 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - adopted by Catfancier

Bit of an emotional blah, bear with me...

I love my daughter. I only have one child, and that's a good thing. With my health being poor one is all I can have, and about what I can handle properly.

But I secretly wish I'd also had a son. Or two... Boys are just so different, and every bit as lovely. But no more kids for me, alas. So I've adopted mostly boys here. I think teenaged boys missing from foster homes are perhaps not real high on the totem pole of priority for some police depts.

If I had the health and resources, I would LOVE to foster some kids. It makes me very sad that I physically just cannot. But I can love 'em all anyways.

Nook, Kaite, Demetrius - I wish you'd all been my kids! Destiny, too. What a gorgeous bunch. Hoping you're all doing okay - and your threads will all be up tomorrow. <3

I will take these ones:
Laasia Morris - no thread yet

Clint Nichols - no thread yet

Kendria Noland-Ramirez - no thread yet

Jasmin Palmer - no thread yet

Jordan Parker - no thread yet

Awesome, Silky! :) Do you mind if I update the list in the morning, when I add all the missing persons links? It'll save doing it twice.

Bit of an emotional blah, bear with me...

I love my daughter. I only have one child, and that's a good thing. With my health being poor one is all I can have, and about what I can handle properly.

But I secretly wish I'd also had a son. Or two... Boys are just so different, and every bit as lovely. But no more kids for me, alas. So I've adopted mostly boys here. I think teenaged boys missing from foster homes are perhaps not real high on the totem pole of priority for some police depts.

If I had the health and resources, I would LOVE to foster some kids. It makes me very sad that I physically just cannot. But I can love 'em all anyways.

Nook, Kaite, Demetrius - I wish you'd all been my kids! Destiny, too. What a gorgeous bunch. Hoping you're all doing okay - and your threads will all be up tomorrow. <3

Ausgirl, you would have been great but it is really taxing on the body! I've fostered many, adopted 9 (have 2 bio) and have gained about 80lbs in the process of 12 years. It's emotionally exhausting. The rewards are definitely worth it, but it is very hard. We are currently approved to adopt two more children, but we aren't sure whether we will use that homestudy or not... reading cases like these make me want to foster again.

I've got:

Estrella Arevalo Ceja (Star)- started a WS thread.

Medina Blackbonnet

Serena Colborn

Sammy Creasong

Mikayla Davis

Salina Henry

Chynia Rodgers

Oscar Torres

Celina Wieberholt

*None have WS threads yet.

La'Asia Morris, missing May 13, 2013 age 15 has nothing on her. Nothing. I need suggestions. There isn't a newspaper article, a youtube, a facebook, tumblr or anything

Unfortunately, there are far more missing children in Washington that are just on that WSP page and in those articles. :( But not all of those kids on there are Foster kids. Just wanted to make that distinction.

Check out my Washington's Missing album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.290118679451.142174.288753959451&type=3

Through that Facebook page, I also have an "Adopt a Missing Person" program. Kind of like what you're doing here. Picking a kid, usually in your area, and being their "advocate", so to speak. (Also do it for Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, and BC Canada.)

I also made a map, a geographical representation of Washington's missing children - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211902822057040633612.0004dec3f2efb4f9ea017&msa=0

Obviously the most recent "runaways" are not on there or I'd be updating the map every 20 minutes. But still, there's 130 kids just in Washington alone on that map.

That's a high amount of missing teens! When I lived in Seattle The Ave, downtown and Capitol Hill had a huge population of homeless kids aka The Ave Rats.
I wish I had paid more attention then to these notices.

Good morning, all! And wow, great to see so many threadless kids being adopted. :) Thank you! I'll be spending the next hour two collecting all the relevant links to each child, to add to the master list.

I'm sincerely hoping we can get the whole lot covered. Every one of those of those children -deserve- to be found, every bit as much as Dylan Redwine did, or any of the other high profile cases here.

And who knows, their names coming up in search engines linking back here MIGHT just bring one of these home, or at least to somewhere safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back