LeAnna (Mom) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to throw LeAnn under the bus as some may, I personally don't think she's guilty whether she defends Ross or not. :twocents:

You're probably right, but I was once called for jury duty and, during the questioning of jurors, they took a recess. We came back and found out the defendant had decided to take a plea deal after hearing responses from potential jurors. Many of these particular jurors have very strong feelings about this case, so I would be worried if I were him.
For this very reason, although not necessarily relevant to LH, JRH's counsel has filed a motion for a change of venue because they are certain fair trial proceedings are not possible in Cobb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not going to throw LeAnn under the bus as some may, I personally don't think she's guilty whether she defends Ross or not. :twocents:

I can appreciate where you are coming from, because so often people assume that the wife/girlfriend/mother "must have known" or "was the mastermind" behind high profile crimes with zero evidence to back up such claims. There are also battered women who get longer prison sentences than their abusers due to the law punishing mothers for what the fathers do to their kids:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexcampbell/how-the-law-turns-battered-women-into-criminals

Unfortunately, there's a lot of evidence to support the theory that Leanne was an insider to JH premeditating a hot car death of their son.

I can appreciate where you are coming from, because so often people assume that the wife/girlfriend/mother "must have known" or "was the mastermind" behind high profile crimes with zero evidence to back up such claims. There are also battered women who get longer prison sentences than their abusers due to the law punishing mothers for what the fathers do to their kids:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexcampbell/how-the-law-turns-battered-women-into-criminals

Unfortunately, there's a lot of evidence to support the theory that Leanne was an insider to JH premeditating a hot car death of their son.

Apparently not, about that plentiful evidence of Leanne's involvement in the premeditated murder of her son, and apparently not so very much about any actual evidence of RH's premeditation either.

Why do people keep calling her Leanne? Her name is Leanna!

Did she really choose to see Ross instead of Coop when she found out? Some comments/ actions really don't sit well with me. I have lost a child. They had to literally pull me off of her. Moo.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Did she really choose to see Ross instead of Coop when she found out? Some comments/ actions really don't sit well with me. I have lost a child. They had to literally pull me off of her. Moo.

YES. They asked her if she wanted to see Cooper, she said no and that she wanted to see her husband.

I understand everyone reacts differently to these situations but um. Yeah. MOST people, regardless who it is that's died, will want to see the body first - almost like needing the proof that the person is gone. For a MOTHER to choose to see the husband over the body of her child really screams red flag red flag red flag. JMO!

Also, I am sorry you've lost a child, many hugs to you <3

So sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine <3

So sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine <3
Thank you very much. She would have been 6 this year. Hugs right back &#128147;&#128147; she is watching over her brothers and playing with Coop.
Another thing, accident or not I would have had to been held back from strangling the man RESPONSIBLE for my babies death... IF she is innocent she needs therapy before having another child. She is missing something. Mother and child have a natural bond. She used her babies funeral to talk up the person who is responsible for his death. Sorry for the rant. Mothers are the one ONE person you should be able to count on.

And regardless if they can prove premeditated murder, Ross Harris is in fact guilty of felony murder. He was so busy sending explicit pictures to a minor while his son died a horrific death. Far from an attorney, do i have that right?

And regardless if they can prove premeditated murder, Ross Harris is in fact guilty of felony murder. He was so busy sending explicit pictures to a minor while his son died a horrific death. Far from an attorney, do i have that right?

Yes, I'm also not an attorney, but I remember the talking heads (who were attorneys) saying that felony murder did not have pre-meditation as a requisite back when these charges were being filed.

I can't understand her behavior either. There were google searches about hot car deaths? Maybe she knew how awful it would be to see him, because she knew how horribly he died. That doesn't necessarily show her involvement. Shows a lack of attachment, though. IMO.

And to want to see Ross. To embrace him and ask him if he said too much.... *alarm bells*

I wonder if she is on medication, her affect seems very flat.

I know a man in prison. He has "a problem" and "couldn't control himself" and said that he'd Googled about the average prison sentence for his crime, the statistics about these prisoners who are attacked and/or killed in prison, what's the likelihood of getting protective custody, etc.
So I think Ross Googled that because he was choosing to commit a crime punishable by prison.

Also yes there is some incriminating stuff found in the computers but isn't there one computer seized that was missing a hard drive? Where is that and what is on it? He works in IT - there are ways to encrypt stuff that the cops can't unlock, I'm told - I think sex-texting a minor is maybe the tip of the iceberg...

Was there an autopsy report released? Any signs of previous abuse?

In terms of LeAnna... I just feel like there is more to this whole story. I wish she didn't support him. The funeral eulogy was WEIRD. The way she reacted to Ross after his arrest.
I dunno. Just a whole lot of hink IMO.

Okay I haven't paid too much attention to this case as I have others. My first impression when it happened was that he did it purposefully. That has never changed. Apparently the jury felt him guilty too. THANK GOD.
As far as the mother in this case.... my hinky meter has always maxed out on her. Something is definitely wrong with that woman and she doesn't need anymore kids.
As someone posted on the first page of this thread I think, that she reminds them of Susan Smith. They hit the nail on the head right there.
IIRC Susan Smith killed her children because her boyfriend didn't want kids.
Leanna seems to be made up of the same material. Put the man before the child. SMH.
They WOULD HAVE TO PULL ME OFF OF HIM IF HE KILLED MY BABY. Actually he would be lucky if he survived my attack.
BUT FIRST I would want to see my baby and hold him!!!! No way in HELL I would want to see his killer first.
The only words I would have to say to him is "rot in hell."
Where was that motherly response??
I wouldn't even want to see the killer! Nor talk to him! I'd want him dead!
:deepbreaths::deepbreaths::deepbreaths:Just makes me so dang mad!
Accidents DO happen! But this WAS NOT an accident.
Why was she even with him to begin with???
He's not even good looking AT ALL. JMOO of course. BUT STILL.

ThatChic- I am SO SO sorry for your loss! Your reaction was what a TRUE mama would have. I can't even imagine what you have been through. :( You are in my thoughts and prayers sweetie. :heartbeat: Big virtual hugs to you!!

I am not going to attempt to put myself in this woman's shoes or imagine what I would do in them. I thank my higher power daily that I have never suffered the loss of a child.

I wish her peace. That is all.

My impression of Leanna has been she is one of these women who actually worship their husband and he is put first in every situation. Her purpose in life is to be at his beck and call.

I can't decide if this comes from her religious upbringing or if she was a late bloomer, not dating early, and made up her own mind that when she did get a boyfriend, this would be her mind set towards him. Some people are desperate to be accepted and have a boyfriend. I do not remember her early story.

However, her actions and acceptance of Ross afterwards Cooper's death/murder left me with a solid conviction that to her, a man in her life was her prime concern!

Actually, it sounded like she ran a tight ship. She complained about his spending time with his friends/business partners and seemed mostly unwilling to have "adult time" with Ross, as he seemed to desire. I was shocked by her video behavior on June 18, but felt she really was very credible in her explanation.on the stand.

The fact that she hates Ross and never want's to hear of him again, combined that she still believes Cooper's death was an accident, would have been very troubling for me as a juror.

Maybe she defends him hoping he won't throw her under the bus?

Exactly what I thought when viewing her reactions in the jailhouse meeting between JRH & LH.

She pampered and patted and rubbed on him. He did not touch her often. However, JRH said, "I didn't mean to do it." She tenderly assures him and the cctv, by saying, "I know you didn't, Baby."

LH reassures JRH on cctv that she knows that it was just an expected accident. The Biggest Fear.

Did you say too much? She had to find out from JRH what all he told the investigators for him getting himself arrested.

While at the daycare, LH knew instantly. In the snap of a finger. She knew Ross left Cooper in the car.

The fact that she hates Ross and never want's to hear of him again, combined that she still believes Cooper's death was an accident, would have been very troubling for me as a juror.

I don't think this would have particularly troubled me.

She was with this guy for a long time. She chose to marry him and later have a child with him. She stood by him though knowing what he was up to with his chatting and *advertiser censored*. She worked hard through the church to try to solve their problems. She desperately wanted the marriage to work.

For some odd reason, she was afraid Cooper would be left behind in a hot car. I don't believe she and Ross devised a plan to kill the baby, so this may be that she knew at some subconscious level that despite outward appearances, Ross deeply resented Cooper. While Ross's actions were extreme, it's not unusual for new fathers, especially younger or more narcissistic ones, to resent the loss of their freedom or the loss of a wife's complete attention when a baby is born.

I think it's just much easier for Leanna to believe it was a tragic accident rather than deal with the guilt of having worked so hard to keep this monster in both her and her son's lives. Maybe someday she'll be able to face it, but I can understand where her head may be at.

I don't think this would have particularly troubled me.

I think it's just much easier for Leanna to believe it was a tragic accident rather than deal with the guilt of having worked so hard to keep this monster in both her and her son's lives. Maybe someday she'll be able to face it, but I can understand where her head may be at.

I totally agree. For this to be anything but an "accident," means it was something she could have prevented. I suspect she may be on the road to that realization. It was clear from the trial that Mr. Kilgore did not give his witnesses the full picture. I believe Leanna (just like Miss Meadows) heard the truth for the first time - like she already knew Ross saw a hooker, but she looked like she was going to throw up when told that it was while Ross was lying about picking up food for his hungry family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member