George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping for Justice for Trayvon!

IMO, JMO, MOO

:twocents:

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

Even if he's found innocent, his life will be forever ruined. He'll be recognized where ever he goes. Where will he find a job? How will he live? And he'll always be worried due to the death threats. He is 100% innocent. My heart breaks for him.

Civil suits. He's got the grounds in spades. Hopefully, he'll be compensated enough to move to a safe place. jmo

JMO, I don't feel sorry for the defendant at all. He started the ball rolling in the whole mess. His over zealous desire to hunt and stop supposed criminals/suspects put him in a position of shooting an unarmed young man. He made his choices and now he has killed someone who wasn't setting out that evening begging for a fight or even prepared to have to be in a fight for his life. TM is dead. GZ is eating well, dressing well, and still has a family and a life. TM was unarmed and is dead. Fist does not equal gun. ALL IMO.

I understand what you're saying but I don't agree. Getting out of the car and even following TM was not illegal. He had no idea that his actions would lead to a fight where he would have to kill another person in self-defense. And this way of thinking can go both ways. If only TM had just gone home etc....

A fist can do a lot of damage. If GZ did not have a gun I believe he would have ended up dead or at least with some permanent head injuries.

I understand what you're saying but I don't agree. Getting out of the car and even following TM was not illegal. He had no idea that his actions would lead to a fight where he would have to kill another person in self-defense. And this way of thinking can go both ways. If only TM had just gone home etc....

A fist can do a lot of damage. If GZ did not have a gun I believe he would have ended up dead or at least with some permanent head injuries.

I also do not believe there is any evidence that he wanted TM dead. I believe he shot because he was out there screaming for help and no one was coming to help. HE was alone with someone stronger than him who had him cornered on the ground, completely vulnerable and he just shot to get him off. The tragedy is that it went into TM heart because he was leaning over GZ beating and hurting him.

The STATE has not shown me that GZ did anything but defend himself while under attack. How it started, Them walking around, Has little bearing for me. What matters is TM threw a punch and changed the whole event that night.

Yes, and the media was also fanning the flames of discontent. IMO, all in the name of ratings.

What's scary about this case is we have the media and the government both manipulating the criminal justice system to get GZ arrested and charged with murder. MOO.

I know passions are high in this case. But, IMO, any person involved in any violence toward person or property should be arrested and charged to the fullest extent of he law. IMO, our criminal justice system cannot be held hostage by any group of people, just because they don't agree with a verdict.

I remember in past disturbances, many times cops stood by and let it go on for awhile. IMO, they need to stop it immediately, to make others know violence in any way, shape, or form will NOT be tolerated.

I hope everyone keeps calm, no matter the verdict. Law enforcement needs to set a precedent in this case, otherwise it will happen the next time there is a high profile trial, and again and again. (All comments MO).

Hoping for the best, missmazzy. Many folks were too young to remember the repercussions/backlash of the not guilty verdict in the LAPD officers in the Rodney King case. Hopefully, we have come along way since 1992..

Imo, the probability of the GZ trial winding down on a Friday evening, is no coincidence..

Zimmerman is guilty of killing another person and of course is going to claim self defense.
He provoked and initiated a confrontation, assault, and murder2 due to his anxiety and paranoia. Zimmerman's story has changed from his police station interviews, his related testimony from friends as to what he told them, on everything crucial to his case. Including placement of his weapon, (behind his back) which hand he uses (left). Changing to fit what 'he' says took place.
I believe he could not swing at Martin because his gun was drawn and the pulled the slide back to load a hallowpoint bullet into the chamber ready to fire and kill an *******.
I believe the scuffle was a fight over the gun and although Martin was at one point on top, he was yelling as he tried to keep the gun from pointing at him.
I believe Zimmerman's actions that night of trailing Martin with no probable cause, his prescription regimen, insecurity complex, MMA training, past violent behavior, rejection of his law enforcement bids, impulsiveness from his adhd and prejudice against young black youth predicated and provoked a teenager to have to defend himself and was killed in that process.
I do not feel pity or compassion for a man who carries and shoots a loaded weapon at random, shattering this family into pieces and causing racial discourse nationwide. none.

OMO

See crime scene photos and diagrams in my signature for the facts according to the evidence.

Making cake flour and then baking pound cakes while listening today so if I don't post back quick I am here, Just working!

Thanks so much for going through this trial with me! It is so much better working off others thoughts and discussions about the case!

You're right-- I'm only offering another option that explain any lack of thumbprints-- outside of these recreations that both sides keep trying to give.

O'Mara doesn't exactly exude street fight experience lol

IMO, if GZ did not have the fully loaded gun, he would not have ever started following TM. He would have let bon-e-fide LE do their job. JMO.

Therefore, the onus lies squarely in GZ's lap. JMO.

He must pay some LEGAL price for his bad choices. IMO.

Zimmerman is guilty of killing another person and of course is going to claim self defense.
He provoked and initiated a confrontation, assault, and murder2 due to his anxiety and paranoia. Zimmerman's story has changed from his police station interviews, his react meant and testimony from friends as to what he told them, on everything crucial to his case. Including placement of his weapon, (behind his back) which hand he uses (left). Changing to fit what 'he' says took place.
I believe he could not swing at Martin because his gun was drawn and the pulled the slide back to load a hallowpoint bullet into the chamber ready to fire and kill an *******.
I believe the scuffle was a fight over the gun and although Martin was at one point on top was yelling as he tried to keep the gun from pointing at him.
I believe Zimmerman's actions that night of trailing Martin with no probable cause, his prescription regimen, insecurity complex, MMA training, past violent behavior, rejection of his law enforcement bids, impulsiveness from his adhd and prejudice against young black youth predicated and provoked a teenager to have to defend himself and was killed in that process.
I do not feel pity or compassion for a man who carries and shoots a loaded weapon at random, shattering this family into pieces and causing racial discourse nationwide. none.

OMO

See crime scene photos and diagrams in my signature for the facts according to the evidence.

Facts not in evidence.

He is being charged with murder but he shot and killed a man because he was beating on him. He did not walk up to TM and kill him in cold blood. He only shot because after TM popped out at GZ and questioned him he punched him and beat him.

Based on evidence from RJ and physical evidence.

Nothing nothing points to GZ confronting him. Not even RJ's call.

I also do not believe there is any evidence that he wanted TM dead. I believe he shot because he was out there screaming for help and no one was coming to help. HE was alone with someone stronger than him who had him cornered on the ground, completely vulnerable and he just shot to get him off. The tragedy is that it went into TM heart because he was leaning over GZ beating and hurting him.

The STATE has not shown me that GZ did anything but defend himself while under attack. How it started, Them walking around, Has little bearing for me. What matters is TM threw a punch and changed the whole event that night.

Absolutely. Saying Zimmerman is at fault simply because he got out of the car etc. is like saying a person who gets hit by a car while walking on the street is at fault because...well...he was out and about on the street. Zimmerman not minding his own business on that fateful night is, at the very worst, a foolish thing to do. Nothing to do with ill will or spite.

And saying Zimmerman is at fault because TM ended up dead is again something I do not understand. Having the right to bear arms and protect oneself is one of the most basic rights afforded to a person living in the United States.

IMO, if GZ did not have the fully loaded gun, he would not have ever started following TM. He would have let bon-e-fide LE do their job. JMO.

Therefore, the onus lies squarely directly in GZ's lap. JMO.

I still will never understand this argument. Yes, we can agree he made a bad choice but that bad choice was not against the law. Getting out of the car and walking in the neighborhood is not against the law. Everything else has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. So why should he pay a legal price for his bad choices?

JMO, I don't feel sorry for the defendant at all. He started the ball rolling in the whole mess. His over zealous desire to hunt and stop supposed criminals/suspects put him in a position of shooting an unarmed young man. He made his choices and now he has killed someone who wasn't setting out that evening begging for a fight or even prepared to have to be in a fight for his life. TM is dead. GZ is eating well, dressing well, and still has a family and a life. TM was unarmed and is dead. Fist does not equal gun. ALL IMO.

With this kind of argument, you can say the two individuals demographically similar to TM "started the ball rolling" when they invaded the home of Olivia Bertalan.

IMO if she hadn't been able to lock herself and her baby into a room, she could be dead now. Think about that.

IF he did not have a gun he could be dead. The gun just does not matter. IT WAS legal. He had a permit. That is not an issue.
The issue is what happened that made him use that gun.

LAying on his back getting beaten and no one coming to help.

He was alone, and on his back completely vulnerable beaten, dazed and bruised.

That is what the evidence shows.

Well, the law says that there is no legal price to be paid for defending yourself against an unprovoked attack.

Hoping for the best, missmazzy. Many folks were too young to remember the repercussions/backlash of the not guilty verdict in the LAPD officers in the Rodney King case. Hopefully, we have come along way since 1992..

Imo, the probability of the GZ trial winding down on a Friday evening, is no coincidence..

I remember it well. It lasted for days.

A few years ago Rodney King was on Dr Drew's rehab show. He seemed like such a tortured soul. May he R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan