MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be going over that car with a fine-toothed comb. I would want to see all of its paperwork, numbers, titles, work records, (yes, even CarFax). That car is currently the single most important piece of physical evidence. While we wait for the ME and lab stuff on Jessica. That car can tell a tale. The tale the car tells will be key testimony at a trial. I agree with others that the car is now contaminated/contestable evidence. But it still has a story. Any bullet holes? Were the windows shot out? Was it stripped in situ before being set alit? I don't know, off-hand, if it was a stick or an automatic. I don't know if it was front wheel drive, rear, or 4WD. I don't know how long Jessica had her license, or how much experience driving. I certainly don't like that there are photos of the car sitting on the ground at some spot where the flatbed dropped it off (complete with crowbar laying atop trunk).

Also, sleuthing, minus good old fashioned evidence, plus rumors, equals "what if's". It is the sleuthers way of killing time. For example, what if the 911 caller was actually reporting seeing a car that was actually driving down the road while on fire! And hence, the possible confusion over a person on fire moving down the road? Could explain the 911 caller not stopping to help. Could explain the 911 caller being quite sure it was actually a car that was on fire, even at the distance between car and call.

It seems to me to be a large part of human nature to try to create connections whether we are given two pieces of information, or a hundred. Plus, I am looking for creative writing points with this post.
Hmmmm...I would have to assume if the car was on fire prior to pulling in there...the parking brake would not have been on when she bailed out.

There is a good chance that the ATM video located at JD's Quick Stop was viewed. Alsanai mentions that LE consulted material from both JD's and another gas station in Batesville in his long interview

Thanks. She could have easily been in Batesville in the 90 mins from leaving the gas station and being found by firefighters. I sure hope they know where she was. :(

Hmmmm...I would have to assume if the car was on fire prior to pulling in there...the parking brake would not have been on when she bailed out.

It would depend on the degree of the fire at the time of the car coming to a standstill. Especially if the operator was still in a condition to bring it to a standstill at that moment.

I agree, that is a very convoluted statement. Especially in light of a photo of the car sitting outdoors, on its bare rims with a crowbar laying atop the trunk. The statement does not stand up.

Updated please add as you see fit:

Mom of Chambers - Talked with Jessica for 20 minutes, lost son in brutal car accident.
Ben Chambers - Dad, shady past, lost son in brutal car accident.
Derek Turner - 31 yrs. Old, knew Jessica, doesn't know why he was questioned.
Ali Alsania - Gas station owner/one of last known to see Jessica alive.
Bryan Rudd - Ex abusive BF
Eric Bibbs - Lived near car fire, interviewed by police.
Charlotte Wilkerson - Aunt of Bryan Rudd/neighbor/stated party info
George Mister - Quoted Jessica as a very good friend.
Rachael Tutor - GF of George Mister, rolled eyes at his response.
Lynnsey Fowler - Friend/co-worker/Crappie fishing night of incident.
Amber Sheilds - HS Friend/with Lynnsey Fowler at incident scene day after.
Ray McClenic - Reported loud suspect vehicle.
Cassandra Market - Asked Jessica for a smoke but she had wrong brand. Drove off with Ben Byers.
Bejuan Byers - filled up gas container, drove away with Cassandra Market.
Cole Haley - Fire Chief, thought to have been told Perp info from dying Jessica.
Unknown name - Female gas clerk delivering "chicken" to customers outside of station.
Linda Oliver - Spoke at funeral, talked with Jessica about publishing a book about her life.

I thought LF (fisherwoman) worked at the sonic in Batesville? Did she work at the clothing store with Jessica, too?

I thought LF (fisherwoman) worked at the sonic in Batesville? Did she work at the clothing store with Jessica, too?

You're right about Sonic (I fixed above) thanks and please feel free to copy and paste and update my list of names mentioned in MSM. Just trying to keep a central location of associated names and roles they played.

snip

Linda Oliver recalled meeting Chambers recently outside church, where they started talking about the teen’s future.

Chambers wanted to write a book and had been asking for advice

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-mississippi-teen-burned-alive-20141213-story.html

Interesting number of people and seems to be growing. LF said she awakened Sunday to a "Fly High Jessica" Facebook page and Rev. Eric Greggs also mentioned "Fly High Jessica" in his remarks at her funeral and tied it to cheerleading. I wonder how Jessica knew Eric Greggs if he is pastor of a church in Charleston and the Rev. Kilgore of the Crowder Baptist Church said Jessica confided with him.

Thank you for these great pictures! As we can all see, the trunk had been pried or jimmied before it was put on the flatbed. With the car being towed so quickly after the fire, did the lab go into the field to examine this car? My instinct says No! The car was located in a pitch black area and had to be extremely hot. The car was removed too quickly for a thorough lab process to be completed on a hot car. IMO

Notice the big dent on the rear quarter panel, it goes inward towards the trunk. How did that occur?

I bring this up to dispute the DA's statement that the damage to the car was answered after the lab processed the car - not verbatim, so not in quotes. We discussed the damage to her car in the beginning and it was not the trunk.

Sorry, but I have serious doubts about the professionals in this city! So when I hear or catch something that is totally wrong, my crown starts flashing lights and vibrating! LOL! Just thankful the Feds are there investigating!

That pic was taken by AA at the gas station iirc.
some I uploaded before, not all from the gas station, but at the lot as well, on MSM.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-12-15 at 3.26.43 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-12-15 at 3.26.43 PM.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2014-12-15 at 2.09.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2014-12-15 at 2.09.42 PM.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2014-12-15 at 2.16.00 PM - Edited.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-12-15 at 2.16.00 PM - Edited.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 52
  • burn10n-3-web.jpg
    burn10n-3-web.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2014-12-18 at 5.46.12 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-12-18 at 5.46.12 AM.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 51
WOW! Woowee! What if???

How about: ...From deep space an extraterrestrial laser zapped the moving Kia as it crept through the Herron Road darkness and moved her car into the air before impact at the top of the hill? (sorry for the levity, could not resist my creative writing desires *grin*)

Ya, but,.......... technically that is not levity. It is levitation.

Updated please add as you see fit:

Mom of Chambers - Talked with Jessica for 20 minutes, lost son in brutal car accident.
Ben Chambers - Dad, shady past, lost son in brutal car accident.
Derek Turner - 31 yrs. Old, knew Jessica, doesn't know why he was questioned.
Ali Alsania - Gas station owner/one of last known to see Jessica alive.
Bryan Rudd - Ex abusive BF, cleared by police.
Eric Bibbs - Lived near car fire, interviewed by police.
Charlotte Wilkerson - Aunt of Bryan Rudd/neighbor/stated party info
George Mister - Quoted Jessica as a very good friend.
Rachael Tutor - GF of George Mister, rolled eyes at his response.
Lynnsey Fowler - Friend/worked at Sonic frequently visited by Jessica/Crappie fishing night of incident.
Amber Sheilds - HS Friend/with Lynnsey Fowler at incident scene day after.
Ray McClenic - Reported loud suspect vehicle.
Cassandra Market - Asked Jessica for a smoke but she had wrong brand. Drove off with Ben Byers.
Bejuan Byers - filled up gas container, drove away with Cassandra Market.
Cole Haley - Fire Chief, thought to have been told Perp info from dying Jessica.
Unknown name - Female gas clerk delivering "chicken" to customers outside of station.
Linda Oliver - Spoke at funeral, talked with Jessica about publishing a book about her life.
Reverend Kilgore - Jessica confided in him personal information.
Eric Greggs - Pastor from Charleston, unknown role atm.

Mom is Lisa
http://www.wellsfuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2851335&fh_id=11662

See brothers' names in JC obit above. One has same last name as the man who heard the loud pipes. I can't remember if ear witness is his father or uncle but he is somehow related to JC's family.

Brother who died in car accident was her half-brother on father's side. (He was not Lisa's son, just Ben's.)
http://www.wellsfuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1474869&fh_id=11662

Thanks for putting this together!

Could you add in parenthesis which one is Sha Sha? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708