CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1m1 minute ago
In cross, #TheaterShooting DA getting at idea Holmes kept grad failures - in this case prelims test - from dad. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1MUDTSq
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Dad says emails got briefer. Brauchler - “3 sentences to 2?”

Dad - Yes
he Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

JH emails dad to tell him he didn’t pass.
#theatershooting

JH not shutting off family after emailing he failed. He still emails with alternate email addresses.
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Emails all sent to JH mom, not his dad.
Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV 2m2 minutes ago
Holmes concedes that emails from son showed little urgency, though they were "briefer" than usual. #theatershooting

DA cross: Emails got brief, veiled, came from new account. But Holmes kept talking 2 folks pre-#theatershooting. Live http://link.kdvr.com/1MUDTSq

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 52s52 seconds ago
JH tells his dad he was denied unemployment in June #theatershooting

DA cross: Holmes told father pre-#theatershooting he only wanted to move home as "last resort to homelessness." Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1MUDTSq

MS Brady or Ms Nelson just got a note from the guy sitting against the wall facing into the attorney's. I think this man and anyone that sits there could be a law clerk. I noticed that person appears to be doing a lot of computer work.

(sorry I cannot tell which lawyer it is, but they are sitting very low in the chair next to JH, kind of hidden)

Would only move back in with parents as a "last resort to homelessness".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MS Brady or Ms Nelson just got a note from the guy sitting against the wall facing into the attorney's. I think this man and anyone that sits there could be a law clerk. I noticed that person appears to be doing a lot of computer work.

(sorry I cannot tell which lawyer it is, but they are sitting very low in the chair next to JH, kind of hidden)

Ms Higgs is sitting to the shooters right and Ms Brady is on her right. Ms Nelson is to the shooters left and Ms Spengler is at the table behind sitting next to Mr King.

Dad sure developed a memory problem on cross exam! One of many reasons that I think there is much more to this families story than we're being told....

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 2m2 minutes ago
@GeorgeBrauchler asks Holmes' dad to look at son's #theatershooting booking photo. Dad "can't say" if crazed look may be due to accusations.

Trial Lover ‏@TrialLovers 4m4 minutes ago
#theatershooting Dad is totally out of touch

^^^^^^^^ I agree with the above...

Ms Higgs is sitting to the shooters right and Ms Brady is on her right. Ms Nelson is to the shooters left and Ms Spengler is at the table behind sitting next to Mr King.

yes, right as GB was setting up this last question, our friend Spengler started to talk to Brady- then Brady objected. They really didn't want the dad's comment to FBI agent to be known.

His dad refers to the shooting as "the crime".

#theatershooting

Dad says JH was not happy on July 4th. He recalls that FBI wanted to know if he had history of violence or terrorist

yes, right as GB was setting up this last question, our friend Spengler started to talk to Brady- then Brady objected. They really didn't want the dad's comment to FBI agent to be known.

Its Nelson next to the shooter. (She ANNOYS me so much!) How can it be hearsay if GB is asking something the dad said himself?

As a personal aside, I do see where the defense is going. Losing a girlfriend and his future near the same time ....his self identity was stripped.

Years ago, I was laid off from my job and lost my fiance (due to a heart attack) with in 9 days of each other. I was devastated. I knew from prior experience that I would go into a downward spin of depression.

When folks asked what they could do to help me, I said do not leave me alone for 1 minute for 2 weeks.
I knew that I would be in a Downward Spiral If I Was Alone.

Ended up...My family and friends did not leave me alone for 1 minute for 3 weeks. I was shuttled from friend to friend, had someone take me on a five day trip to visit 3 different friends in the mountains, and family came up to stay with me the third week .

Anyone who has been through such back to back loss on that jury may indeed think the mitigators outweighs the aggravators.
I DO not ...

But I do understand where they're going. Tying that in to mental illness ... Some jurors may lean to life vs death .

:moo:

Dad sure developed a memory problem on cross exam! One of many reasons that I think there is much more to this families story than we're being told....

I noticed that. On direct he said he had read the emails & listened to the VMs.
When GB asked him about them, he say he didn't remember what they said! But, he testified he just viewed/listened to them to Brady. GB had to bring him the emails!
IMO, this was coaching by the defense to not cooperate & be difficult with GB.

Good Morning WS Friends!
:loveyou:
See you here soon.
Perhaps we will hear from JH's mother.

After listening to testimony from JH's father and JH's sister, I continue to think that there existed an unordinary degree of detachment within that family unit.

One poster repeatedly challenged my opinion yesterday, and that is OK, because it is my opinion. However today, I will take my belief even one step further by saying, something was just off in that family. You are only as sick as your secrets. JMO. JH's mother's testimony was influence my thinking enough to reverse it. On the other hand, she may validated it. In the end, it is only my opinion.

I have to agree on this...DB has done his usual masterful job of showing how detached this father was....I too am waiting for the mother...father seems very much like some military families I have known over the years...he just did not get involved in most of the childrens' lives...little emotion is shown does not mean he does not feel deep down...also in these families that I know one has had a child commit suicide and another an estranged son...family units were definitely strained but clearly had some of the good times...probably no corrolation but all this sounds familiar. Clearly you can have a child with mental illness and be in denial...so often after the fact the clues come out.

What was the dad doing to get told off by the bailiff? I saw Ms Teesch-Maguire jump up. Was he reading the emails?

I see Ms Higgs is wearing a cute little headband today. How old is she?!

Seems like this father has selective memories....I actually feel sorry for him on one level..His personality is actually typical for many fathers..where the women of the house played a more active role in the children's upbringing's.. They usual only get the bad news ..or overview of things..not so much in detail.

I think the mother will have more to offer or at least she should unless she decides to have "Sometimer's Disease"??

NOTE: no juror questions....speaks volumes to me!

Daddy Holmes is off the stand..next up is ????????oh geesh..Brady lets play some video of testimony from last week...Need time to brief the Mrs. I guess.

As a personal aside, I do see where the defense is going. Losing a girlfriend and his future near the same time ....his self identity was stripped.

Years ago, I was laid off from my job and lost my fiance (due to a heart attack) with in 9 days of each other. I was devastated. I knew from prior experience that I would go into a downward spin of depression.

When folks asked what they could do to help me, I said do not leave me alone for 1 minute for 2 weeks.
I knew that I would be in a Downward Spiral If I Was Alone.

Ended up...My family and friends did not leave me alone for 1 minute for 3 weeks. I was shuttled from friend to friend, had someone take me on a five day trip to visit 3 different friends in the mountains, and family came up to stay with me the third week .

Anyone who has been through such back to back loss on that jury may indeed think the mitigators outweighs the aggravators.
I DO not ...

But I do understand where they're going. Tying that in to mental illness ... Some jurors may lean to life vs death .

:moo:

ETA.. I wonder how much guilt the parents have that they did not go to him

ETA.. I wonder how much guilt the parents have that they did not go to him

I'm sure they must feel some guilt. But ultimately their son was very secretive and I don't think they had a clue what he was planning.

I don't doubt they would have stopped him had they known what he had decided to do.

I have to agree on this...DB has done his usual masterful job of showing how detached this father was....I too am waiting for the mother...father seems very much like some military families I have known over the years...he just did not get involved in most of the childrens' lives...little emotion is shown does not mean he does not feel deep down...also in these families that I know one has had a child commit suicide and another an estranged son...family units were definitely strained but clearly had some of the good times...probably no corrolation but all this sounds familiar. Clearly you can have a child with mental illness and be in denial...so often after the fact the clues come out.

OR JH did not like that his father was involved to the point of micro managing JH's life, ordering him around like a trainee or young soldier etc, wanting JH to do what the father suggested, but it was really more like an order. Kids will stay away just for that reason , have very strange conversations with their parent so they do not give away to much info of their (the childs) life, causing this distanance and not wanting to talk to their parent. Had experience with this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson