NC - Open Carry Advocate Murders his Two Toddler Sons, 9 Aug 2015

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
This guy, Shawn Fuller, is really, really, really into guns. He is a proud NRA member and open carry advocate who refused to go anywhere he couldn't carry his guns.

Neighbors were disturbed by the constant gun fire from his yard.

He murdered his two little boys on Sunday after a fight with his wife:

2B3F83C100000578-0-image-a-28_1439218434791.jpg

2B3F83C500000578-0-image-a-36_1439219677835.jpg

2B3F83BD00000578-0-image-m-30_1439218454963.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-late-night-argument-turns-gun-survives.html

Fuller-FB-kids-620x524.jpg

http://freakoutnation.com/2015/08/nc-open-carry-supporter-fatally-shoots-3-and-4-year-old-sons/

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/nor...nd-kills-toddler-sons-after-domestic-dispute/

http://www.statesville.com/news/fat...cle_5447be90-3f08-11e5-9025-1784c43f4be9.html

You know I'm not anti-gun. But I am anti-gun nut. And I think that's what this guy was.

Rest in peace little men.

How awful. It is like everything in life and there will be most who are good and decent people and some who are just wicked to the core. I hate anyone who has extremist views and goes way beyond and over the top and that pertains to any issue no matter what it is.

Its heartbreaking to know he used his gun on these precious children. We see children often being murdered over and over again due to gross abuse such as beating the child to death or throwing the child up against a wall or strangling them and gross neglect such as starvation. Unfortunately many different methods are used against the most defenseless among us.

I have been a conceal carry gun owner since the age of 21 and I have never belonged to the NRA nor would I ever be a member either. Most gun owners are not members of the NRA even though a lot of people tend to believe they are. I find them way too political and just wanting to make a name for themselves and a way to make money. Iirc, there are over 100+ million legal gun owners in the states and I don't believe the NRA has but around 500K to possibly a million members, if that much. They are way overrated.

I don't know another legal gun owner either that belongs to the NRA. I don't see a need to join such an organization. They have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and the right to gun ownership anyway. They offer nothing that the constitutions doesn't offer citizens anyway.

But it is heartbreaking that he used a gun against his children. I am glad the scum survived and I hope since it happened in NC he will be given the death penalty when it goes to trial. These parents who murder their own and then botch the job when trying to commit suicide themselves happen way too many times whether the murderer is the dad or the mom.

It is people like him that give the other millions of law abiding gun owners a bad rap. He has nothing in common with me nor millions of others like me. I am a very safe law abiding person and that includes the great responsibility I know I have being a gun owner.

God rest their sweet little souls.

The mind boggles.

Every time I see that another child or children has died at the hands of their parents it never gets any easier to take.

Way too many children are losing their lives now by the very ones that should have spent their lives loving and nurturing them.

These children deserves so much better. And there are so many little children out there right now in their own house of horrors with no help in sight.

I pray for the little lost scared children of the night. Many of them live with the enemy within.:(

“He had a gun on his belt,” Simko said of her interaction with Fuller earlier in the day. “He told (the clerk) he wouldn’t shop anywhere he couldn’t bring his gun.”

“They were so smart, so adorable, they were vibrant,” she said. “I don’t usually just start playing with kids on the floor — I purposely did that because I felt there was just this eerie feeling.”

“He said how you can’t even walk into a movie theater anymore,” she said.

She searched online and found Fuller’s Facebook profile, which included photos of guns and Confederate flags.

“It was him… and it was those two little boys… and I can’t stop crying,” she said as the tears began again. “Those two little souls were so sweet, and we just sat on the floor and played race cars for 30 minutes. … It’s just important to say… they were just sweet, sweet kids.”
http://m.statesville.com/news/fathe...e90-3f08-11e5-9025-1784c43f4be9.html?mode=jqm

They would've been safer in a movie theater than with their own daddy.

How awful. It is like everything in life and there will be most who are good and decent people and some who are just wicked to the core. I hate anyone who has extremist views and goes way beyond and over the top and that pertains to any issue no matter what it is.

Its heartbreaking to know he used his gun on these precious children. We see children often being murdered over and over again due to gross abuse such as beating the child to death or throwing the child up against a wall or strangling them and gross neglect such as starvation. Unfortunately many different methods are used against the most defenseless among us.

I have been a conceal carry gun owner since the age of 21 and I have never belonged to the NRA nor would I ever be a member either. Most gun owners are not members of the NRA even though a lot of people tend to believe they are. I find them way too political and just wanting to make a name for themselves and a way to make money. Iirc, there are over 100+ million legal gun owners in the states and I don't believe the NRA has but around 500K to possibly a million members, if that much. They are way overrated.

I don't know another legal gun owner either that belongs to the NRA. I don't see a need to join such an organization. They have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and the right to gun ownership anyway. They offer nothing that the constitutions doesn't offer citizens anyway.

But it is heartbreaking that he used a gun against his children. I am glad the scum survived and I hope since it happened in NC he will be given the death penalty when it goes to trial. These parents who murder their own and then botch the job when trying to commit suicide themselves happen way too many times whether the murderer is the dad or the mom.

It is people like him that give the other millions of law abiding gun owners a bad rap. He has nothing in common with me nor millions of others like me. I am a very safe law abiding person and that includes the great responsibility I know I have being a gun owner.

Hear hear. I think the issue here is that guns plus paranoia seemed to be his whole world. And it is ironic that a guy who never stopped talking about how his guns were necessary to protect him and his family, used his guns to kill his own kids. Wth?

The weapon is not the problem. The horrible man who used them and seemed obsessed with them, is, IMO.

It's kind of funny (not the ha ha kind of funny) how we jump all up in some parent's shizz because their kid turned out to be a murderous , yet some psycho like this absolute treasure of a guy is practically SCREAMING from his SM that he in unhinged, and ARMED....and "GEE, how could we have known?" "He was just a regular, black-person-hatin' gun-wearin' (while hanging with his kids, Christ Almighty) guy", or how about "guns don't kill people, the psycho pieces of crap who insist on having guns on them so that they can take innocent lives do"?

Sorry but tonight I am just sick of people. We ought to be ashamed of what we have become, but we aren't . We are damned proud.

We are doomed as a society. And that makes me sad.

Every time I see that another child or children has died at the hands of their parents it never gets any easier to take.

Way too many children are losing their lives now by the very ones that should have spent their lives loving and nurturing them.

These children deserves so much better. And there are so many little children out there right now in their own house of horrors with no help in sight.

I pray for the little lost scared children of the night. Many of them live with the enemy within.:(

It makes me just want to give up on people. All the clues were right there in his SM. he was unbalanced, filled with hate, and packing.

And rather than violate this murderer's Second Amendment rights, we let children be murdered.

The blood is on ALL of our hands. We CONTINUE to allow this! We nevef stop defending this.

I am sorry. I can't stop crying and tonight is making me so sick. I will absent myself, saving a mod the task of doing so.

“He had a gun on his belt,” Simko said of her interaction with Fuller earlier in the day. “He told (the clerk) he wouldn’t shop anywhere he couldn’t bring his gun.”

“They were so smart, so adorable, they were vibrant,” she said. “I don’t usually just start playing with kids on the floor — I purposely did that because I felt there was just this eerie feeling.”

“He said how you can’t even walk into a movie theater anymore,” she said.

She searched online and found Fuller’s Facebook profile, which included photos of guns and Confederate flags.

“It was him… and it was those two little boys… and I can’t stop crying,” she said as the tears began again. “Those two little souls were so sweet, and we just sat on the floor and played race cars for 30 minutes. … It’s just important to say… they were just sweet, sweet kids.”
http://m.statesville.com/news/fathe...e90-3f08-11e5-9025-1784c43f4be9.html?mode=jqm

They would've been safer in a movie theater than with their own daddy.

Yes, well, guns don't kill people. People who think that guns are the answer to all of life's problems kill people. And once again, innocent lives are lost because of some ahole with gun-lust. Awesome. Their own DADDY!

Love your guns all you want. I don't have to. And matter of fact, I can think you are despicable for your love of guns over your fellow man.

JMO, MOO.

ETA: Gitana, I am appreciating your post and agreeing. I am just feeling so defeated by who we are as a people. I hope my anger and disgust does not come off as directed at you.

I live in LA and used to live in NC and every person I know who carries a gun is a PROUD (as in posting a decal on their cars) member of the NRA.

It is always weird for me because I detest guns, and will often find myself in the midst of gun "lovers" and I try to be polite and say nothing, even as I am trying to find a nice reason to leave their house. My then 7-year-old spent the night in a home with a drunk dad who had an unsecured gun collection.

I found out AFTER the sleepover, and thank GOD my child survived it. I never thought to ask parents if they have guns and if they are locked up. What kind of world are we on where we have to ASK?

Needless to say my DD was not allowed over there again.

I live in LA and used to live in NC and every person I know who carries a gun is a PROUD (as in posting a decal on their cars) member of the NRA.

It is always weird for me because I detest guns, and will often find myself in the midst of gun "lovers" and I try to be polite and say nothing, even as I am trying to find a nice reason to leave their house. My then 7-year-old spent the night in a home with a drunk dad who had an unsecured gun collection.

I found out AFTER the sleepover, and thank GOD my child survived it. I never thought to ask parents if they have guns and if they are locked up. What kind of world are we on where we have to ASK?

I know how you feel. I don't like guns at all, yet I grew up playing with toy guns and watched a lot of Westerns, where there was a lot of shooting, as a kid. My parents owned a gun and it wasn't secured (this was around 50 years ago). One time my sister and I were playing in our parents' bedroom and my sister picked up the gun and it went off. It especially scared my sister and she was crying. Thankfully, neither of us were hurt and we knew not to handle the gun thereafter; and, I think my parents kept it hid a little better.

I don't go on anti-gun rants or anything, but it really worries me when gun proponents, including some of my friends, make comments (mostly on FB) about shooting people or (jokingly?) threaten anyone who tries to take their guns away. I am a petite, disabled female living alone in a somewhat bad neighborhood, but I refuse to live in fear. But that's JMO

This is very sad - he even looks psycho and the boys look unhappy. I wonder what their lie was like. I hope they are in a better place now. :rose:

Guns are a tricky subject for me personally. I myself won't even be in the same room with someone who has a hand gun. People with a nice collection of hand guns scare me. Hand guns aynt for nothin but killin. Period.
Shot guns don't faze me. I grew up on a farm. Did a lot of rabbit and squarl hunting with brothers. We have all kinds of guns and it was all natural. We all new not to take out a bigger gun unless we were deer hunting or putting a cow down. But we were alowed to grab the .22 whenever and go out in the woods (our land) and mess around. My brothers loved hunting so they always would go hunt the animals feeding off our crops.

But I am sorry there is no damn need to be walking around double strapped with hand guns unless your an officer. My sons father and I took a break last year and I got my own place in the city for a while. I thought very hard and long about getting a gun being i was a single female alone with my two year old and decided it was pointless.
Think about it. With a toddler the only place to keep a handgun would be in a lock box in the highest area of your house unloaded. If someone broke in would I really have time to grab a chair clime up and unlock the box and load the gun? Probably not.
If I left my gun loaded and ready the chance of my two year old finding it and hurting him self would be greater then the chance of someone breaking in to murder us.

Has anyone been able to find his face book page?

In this day and age unless your law enforcement I see no reason why anyone should be carrying a weapon on the streets. Its not the 1700's anymore. There are many countries that have strict gun laws, some whose law enforcement don't even carry guns, and they seem to be doing fine in their lives. With so many US deaths relating to guns, and them being the apparent lead in the western world it all seems a bit pointless to have so many lives lost and nothing is changing [emoji22]
This is just a main point view

MOO!!

It appears to have been taken down. Probably just as well -- I'm sure that a lot of his fellow ammosexuals would have copied and circulated a lot of his gun and hate-related memes.

It has been set to private.

In this day and age unless your law enforcement I see no reason why anyone should be carrying a weapon on the streets. Its not the 1700's anymore. There are many countries that have strict gun laws, some whose law enforcement don't even carry guns, and they seem to be doing fine in their lives. With so many US deaths relating to guns, and them being the apparent lead in the western world it all seems a bit pointless to have so many lives lost and nothing is changing [emoji22]
This is just a main point view

MOO!!

Well guns are not the lead cause of death in the western world. Or even here in US, although clearly gun violence is a big problem here.

But Israel, Switzerland and I think Canada have more guns per person than we do and none have the near the same level of gun violence. I think we have a culture problem, not a gun problem. And that culture is about worshipping and glorifying weapons, violence and fear.

It has been set to private.

Well guns are not the lead cause of death in the western world. Or even here in US, although clearly gun violence is a big problem here.

But Israel, Switzerland and I think Canada have more guns per person than we do and none have the near the same level of gun violence. I think we have a culture problem, not a gun problem. And that culture is about worshipping and glorifying weapons, violence and fear.

I'm not sure if Canada has more guns per person -- that was a claim in Moore's Columbine movie, I know -- but even if true, 95% of them are long guns used for hunting.

I would totally agree though that culture, broadly considered, is a huge problem. A culture of fear, a culture of rationalizing inequality, a culture of exceptionalism. Guns have a symbiotic relationship with many pathological dimensions of American culture.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back