GUILTY CO - Ashley Doolittle, 18, Berthoud, 9 June 2016

I was just complaining about this to a member here. When did men become so weak that they cannot take a ' break up' ? When I was a younger person it was the men who broke up with the women and left them broken hearted and they'd cry and get over it. Now men are the ones who are clinging, needy and cannot stand to be alone. You're MEN, FFS. Man up ! You can live without a lady . You can find another partner. It's scary what a huge epidemic this is . If a woman goes missing, it seems 9 /10 times it's a jilted lover responsible.
Ladies, jealousy and possessive is not CUTE. It's not a sign that he's so INTO you. It's a sign there is trouble ahead !

I have to agree with all of this..

What the heck was he planning on doing? He drove almost 5 hours with her in his truck. WITH HER IN HIS TRUCK! If life is so miserable after a teenage breakup, don't make another person suffer! Her poor parents and brother.

I just wanted to share, she was Boulder County's Lady in Waiting and was to be the county Rodeo Queen in August. She had a bright future and this little....whatever...took her away. IDK if I can post their facebook, but google her name and Lady in Waiting and it will come up. Lots of pics there. She was a role model to little girls.

I was just complaining about this to a member here. When did men become so weak that they cannot take a ' break up' ? When I was a younger person it was the men who broke up with the women and left them broken hearted and they'd cry and get over it. Now men are the ones who are clinging, needy and cannot stand to be alone. You're MEN, FFS. Man up ! You can live without a lady . You can find another partner. It's scary what a huge epidemic this is . If a woman goes missing, it seems 9 /10 times it's a jilted lover responsible.
Ladies, jealousy and possessive is not CUTE. It's not a sign that he's so INTO you. It's a sign there is trouble ahead !

Agreed 10000%

So Heartbreaking. What a sweet, beautiful young lady. It is just tragic and devastating. RIP young Ashley...:star::rose:

Oh my goodness. I'd say check the reservoir. I am super close to this but not sure where the reservoir is. Off to google.

Oh, ZhaZhaHa, so good to have a Sleuther who is in the area! Someone with a "feel" for the area and its folks. This is so sad, but I think many of us who saw the "Missing" articles, had that all-too-familiar bad feeling. At least they have a very likely suspect.

And her poor family. She was 18 years old.

This is very sad. I'm in the area and lived in Berthoud many years ago.

For perspective on the relevant areas, Berthoud is a small town on what we call the Front Range, relatively close to what's known as the foothills (about an hour north of Denver). The reservoir where her car was found is in the nearby city of Loveland, which is 6-7 miles from Berthoud, with the reservoir being southwest toward the foothills. The city of Collbran, where she was found in the truck, is on Colorado's Western Slope (essentially over the mountains to the West from the area I just described), and would be about a 5 hour drive from Berthoud/Loveland.

So, he did some driving to reach the area where they were both found.

Agree about the over-the-top nature of the response but don't think it's a sign of weakness, or that it's necessarily gender-specific -- look at Brenda Delgado, etc. We live in a world where "drama," be it in social media, newspaper headlines, on sports fields and in the workplace trumps reasoning and coping strategies, things that take time. No one, especially a high-schooler, should have to die because they leave someone. Kids need to learn (and most do) that not all forms of loss are terminal.

s

Agree about the over-the-top nature of the response but don't think it's a sign of weakness, or that it's necessarily gender-specific -- look at Brenda Delgado, etc. We live in a world where "drama," be it in social media, newspaper headlines, on sports fields and in the workplace trumps reasoning and coping strategies, things that take time. No one, especially a high-schooler, should have to die because they leave someone. Kids need to learn (and most do) that not all forms of loss are terminal.

s

Yes, I saw a post on FB that warned mothers who have sons who have experienced a break-up to not allow them to possess a firearm. This implies that males who have a relationship end and have access to a gun will then kill their ex as an obvious next step. I hate to see such a broad brush used.

Not wanting to say this or put it as broad brush, however, I wonder if this is an extreme example of the way this generation was raised.

On the East coast, children were raised that every one is a winner. There was no such thing as only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners receiving a trophy or ribbon, everyone was given a ribbon because they competed. The first time I saw this done, it flabbergasted me! The more times I saw it repeated, and with different ages, the more stunned I became!

What were these children learning? Where did this concept of everyone gets a prize come from? Oh, we don't want these little jewels to have tears because they did not win? These little jewels need to know such things as the word NO, you can't do everything you want, the world is not about you and making you happy, etc. These factors start being used in a child's day to day life between 12-18 months old. It is called teaching and raising a child.

However, in this generation of teens 18-21 now, they were raised in a real ME-ME world. Sorry for the rant!

Two families lives have been forever altered. All because one boy could not accept the word No, the fact his girlfriend did not want to date him any longer, the rejection by a person in his life.

My opinions only.

:cry:

My heart is breaking.

Rest in Peace, Ashley.

:rose:

Not wanting to say this or put it as broad brush, however, I wonder if this is an extreme example of the way this generation was raised.

On the East coast, children were raised that every one is a winner. There was no such thing as only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners receiving a trophy or ribbon, everyone was given a ribbon because they competed. The first time I saw this done, it flabbergasted me! The more times I saw it repeated, and with different ages, the more stunned I became!

What were these children learning? Where did this concept of everyone gets a prize come from? Oh, we don't want these little jewels to have tears because they did not win? These little jewels need to know such things as the word NO, you can't do everything you want, the world is not about you and making you happy, etc. These factors start being used in a child's day to day life between 12-18 months old. It is called teaching and raising a child.

However, in this generation of teens 18-21 now, they were raised in a real ME-ME world. Sorry for the rant!

Two families lives have been forever altered. All because one boy could not accept the word No, the fact his girlfriend did not want to date him any longer, the rejection by a person in his life.

My opinions only.

Agree - 100% - yes. And how in the he!! have we raised daughters who allow themselves to be threatened or victimized? Time to re-evalutate.

This is awful :( 2 lives ruined. I bet he tries to plea insanity [emoji35]
RIP Ashley

:rose: RIP Ashley :rose:

I just wished she wouldn't have gotten in the truck with him.

newbie poster

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back