UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see since 11:00 pm Monday the 10th of May ? I sure hope they can find him. After looking at the maps that were posted I can't believe he has not been spotted yet ... He was barefoot how far could he really get and I do not really see anywhere he could hide for long...

I do not like the fact that he has been w/ mom and step dad for only ten days and is missing ? Must be some court ordered carp for him to come stay with them for the summer. I hope he is found safe, and no body swooped him up

OMG, you were right! I don't like where this is going poor kid.

I wonder what they mean by leads developing in other area's.

Anyone see or hear any news if dogs are being used in this search? I have not seen or read so....

Yes they have brought them in:

The search Tuesday morning focused on a one-mile area around the boy's apartment, near 500 West and 1425 North. About 40 officers from Layton police and other agencies were canvassing the area, going door-to-door, sending out a reverse 911 calls to residents informing them of the missing child and stopping vehicles leaving the apartment complex and asking drivers for their consent to search their cars, Atkin said.

Several police dogs were brought to the area, including a bloodhound from the West Valley City Police Department. Investigators have also made contact with all registered sex offenders in that square-mile area, Atkin said

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.html

I pray for Ethan's safe return. However my bs%$ meter went off the second I read he had ran off 5 times already. Just reminds me of too many other cases where parents say stuff like that. Only for us to find out he was killed by them. I hope I'm wrong and they find him safe and unharmed.

I'm hoping this is only a case of a little boy wandering off so I will refrain from saying what my suspicions are.
Have dogs been brought in yet?
Are there security cameras in the area?

VB

And he didn't have shoes on. Well at this point the kid's feet should be frozen and he should be starving. I would think he would be noticeable because he would be upset now and in pj's. It's lunch time. Lots and lots of people around. I know LE can't just walk into peoples apartments, but the apartments up there are huge complexes and alot of people moving in and out of the area.

I'm hoping this is only a case of a little boy wandering off so I will refrain from saying what my suspicions are.
Have dogs been brought in yet?
Are there security cameras in the area?

VB

I understand My hinky meter is spazzing out!

If the father lives in VA, did the mother just come from VA? Since they've only lived there for 10 days - where did they live prior to that? From the sounds of it - the father must have parental/custodial rights? What do the court records show? Was there a custody battle? She obviously has re-married. Does the stepdad have a record? Are there other siblings involved? Was any other family members alerted to the 'sleepwalking' problem? Did he have that same problem prior to living with his mom & stepdad?

If we even had some answers to any of these - we could be tracking down some additional leads as well.
Note: For some reason, this case reminded me of 'Baby Grace', TX. Mother leaves OH and travels with her small daughter to hook up with a guy she meets over the internet while playing World of Warcraft. Daughter gets killed while mom and 'friend' 'discipline' her - aka beat her to death! (Premonition maybe?)

JMO

Praying for the quick and safe return of Ethan!

To me, the statement of him having wandered off 5 times in the past 10 days feels like purposeful exaggeration.

ETA: or outright B.S.

To me, the statement of him having wandered off 5 times in the past 10 days feels like purposeful exaggeration.

ETA: or outright B.S.
Uh, yeah absolutely & where is the pleading on TV for the safe return of her child????? :waitasec:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10728945
KLS Salt Lake City, UT

The boy is new to the area. He lived with his biological father in Virginia but 10 days ago came to live with his mother and stepfather for the summer. His mother tells police during those 10 days, he's walked out of the home five times during the night, but he was always found in the apartment complex.

BBM
Ok, so we know he lives with his father. This was just a visit. I wish we would hear from the father to see if the boy does this while living at his home.

Yes they have brought them in:

The search Tuesday morning focused on a one-mile area around the boy's apartment, near 500 West and 1425 North. About 40 officers from Layton police and other agencies were canvassing the area, going door-to-door, sending out a reverse 911 calls to residents informing them of the missing child and stopping vehicles leaving the apartment complex and asking drivers for their consent to search their cars, Atkin said.

Several police dogs were brought to the area, including a bloodhound from the West Valley City Police Department. Investigators have also made contact with all registered sex offenders in that square-mile area, Atkin said

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.htmlhttp://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.html

Thanks. :) I read that about the dogs earlier and had forgotten. Running on about 2.5 hours of sleep and no time for a nap today.

Is it odd, or am I just too tired today, that none of the parents names have been released? I have not noticed moms, step dad or dads names released. (time for more coffee).

And he didn't have shoes on. Well at this point the kid's feet should be frozen and he should be starving. I would think he would be noticeable because he would be upset now and in pj's. It's lunch time. Lots and lots of people around. I know LE can't just walk into peoples apartments, but the apartments up there are huge complexes and alot of people moving in and out of the area.

No kidding!! Also wondering how he could have wondered too far in the middle of the night without his glasses. Praying for this little guys safe return.
AJ

Something is REALLY wrong here. HE wandered away all of those times - and the Mother STILL hasn't fixed the door -maybe another deadbolt??? Nope, this doesn't make any sense at all. The police are probably already questioning Mom's story.

Another thing that strikes me as odd. If the boy has been having a rough time adjusting the last ten days, why wasn't mom there with him reassuring him, comforting him, reading him a good night story and waited until she was sure he was sound asleep before going about whatever she was going to do after he fell asleep?

Something is REALLY wrong here. HE wandered away all of those times - and the Mother STILL hasn't fixed the door -maybe another deadbolt??? Nope, this doesn't make any sense at all. The police are probably already questioning Mom's story.

I fully agree. You just said it first, thanks. So little info released I now wonder when the last confirmed sighting was of this child outside of mom and step dad.

I'm praying he is ok...... Please Ethan be ok! Where are you?

Another thing that strikes me as odd. If the boy has been having a rough time adjusting the last ten days, why wasn't mom there with him reassuring him, comforting him, reading him a good night story and waited until she was sure he was sound asleep before going about whatever she was going to do after he fell asleep?

Because IMO Ethan wasn't the one having a hard time adjusting to being at his moms house.

Can we find out if there have been any other missing children in the direct vicinity over time? I find it hard to believe someone would happen to be watching at the exact same time - but stranger things have happened.

JMO

OK guys in the last new article - One person commenting "Glenn J" says he has inside info: Step father is lying to police, Mom is covering for him and that this is not going to end well.

Why am I not surprised.....now, if someone murdered this child, he/she needs to go to prison for his/her remaining earthly days. The life of an innocent child is worth at least as much as an evil adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998