Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WVIT reporting an update coming from hospital officials within the hour.

What a horrible day.

Little children dead right before Christmas.:(

Im so afraid there may be a lot of young children that have been killed today.

God bless them all and bless all the families.

Fox reporter said it is going to be one of the worst shooting in CT. that they have seen in a very long time.:(

IMO

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
[Just in] WTIC reporter tells WNYW house being surrounded near scene of school shooting in Connecticut.
RT @GioBenitez: Newtown mother tells @DianeSawyer that some parents at elementary school are still waiting for their children.

It's illegal to have a gun at a school.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I would imagine the situation would be much different if teachers were permitted to be armed.

My :twocents:

We have all those things at our schools in my district - but you STILL need to allow for things like council pta folks coming in and dropping off stuff for local ptas, aunts coming in to deliver a forgotten lunch, etc. There is a LOT of coming and going that's totally legit in a school during the day - I think it's quite possible this shooter would have passed all those checks.

You could be 100% right and I am happy that your school district has all these measures in place. I would venture to guess that you have had no school shootings since those extra measures have been taken? An Aunt, like myself, should have to show a pass (like I have) in order to gain access to the school. PTA members should be considered employee's and given an access card, IMO, if they need to be coming and going so much.

We don't know if this shooter was a student or someone else. They keep saying gunman and that makes me assume that this person was not someone who was a student of elementary age. Plus the fact that they are looking for a car? Sounds like someone older. Only time will tell if he had a legit way of entering the school?

Not trying to derail the thread, but I would imagine the situation would be much different if teachers were permitted to be armed.

Isn't that a sick thought! I would never trust teachers to be armed.:furious:

WVIT: two news conferences - CT State Police and Danbury Hospital - within the hour.
RT @charlesdumais: Newtown High School is no longer in Lockdown. All students here are SAFE. #newtownhs

No presser yet, just showed news stations setting up/converging at the site.

If only six year olds were armed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members