TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into this trial, going off of news reports, I wanted this guy to fry. Just listening to the pros case thus far, I really haven't heard enough to convict him of anything beyond endangerment. Or maybe. I've heard a few strong points that are being overshadowed by far too many non points and also the great points the defense has been able to score.
The points that pros has scored for me: 1. close proximity between breakfast and work/daycare. 2. Lunch visit to car, I can't imagine him not seeing or smelling Cooper during this. 3. The time it took for him to pull over "noticing" Cooper. 4. The weird phone call, him Not rushing and staying at Coopers side. 5. Not wanting to drive at lunch. Is this enough to convict??

All the rest, including the minor and all the women seems to overshadow the above. And pros is just focusing on this too much, and it feels sensational. People don't like to feel they are being shown a piece of shocking but irrelevant info meant to be decisive. It feels dishonest. Especially after being told motive isn't necessary, if that's what they're trying to prove.

Unless there's some kind of bombshell that was kept out of opening, I just don't think there's enough to convict. If a jury won't convict Casey Anthony, I'd be surprised if JRH will be.

There are major differences between the two. So much is known here that wasn't there. We know when Cooper was last alive. We know when he died. We know how. We know who left him in the car. We know what RH was doing while Cooper died. We know what happened in Cooper's life the day he died. Etc.

If he is not convicted of at least negligence, I will be completely shocked. I think proving intent in this case is impossible, but they have already showed RH was negligent.

JMO.

If my husband was having sex with multiple partners--- men, women from the internet, and prostitutes-----I would think he was angry with me. I can't imagine him doing so if he felt good about our marriage.
I am going to guess Ross was a late bloomer in finding his sexuality. Maybe it was a strict upbringing, maybe he had difficulty meeting/talking to women, maybe he saved himself for marriage, etc. While I am guessing again, I am guessing LH/RH intimacy was conservative by some measures. Somehow, through time, RH has learned about Whisper app, Backpage, prostitution, men on vacation. Maybe he was somehow introduced through *advertiser censored* or internet/cell phone apps in general. Once he starting testing the waters he had to jump to full submersion (kid in a candy store, if you will). Maybe it was the outlet he wrongfully chose to escape at RH/CH/LH expense. Many of us want/need to see that Ross loved hi son. Many of us want/need to find a reason to hate RH. Ross is making that part easy for us. But I have heard 2 co-workers who appear sincere testify RH loved his son and his actions and words were on full display consistently. The daycare employees sincere testimony also follow that path. RH deserves some prison time but I truly think he loved his son. Maybe he didn't love Cooper enough, per some standards, but I truly feel RH loved his son.

Sorry reply not working
Today, 05:03 PM#1174 MsJosie http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...arris-12-October-2016&p=12875059#post12875059
Question....just what hours did RH work at Home Depot? HE drops off son at 930am leaves 4:15pm.....those are not 40 hour weeks when you take into consideration at least an hour for lunch. So, what was he doing during the 'work hours' he was not working?

Brandon Moore, RH coworker who sat in cubicle near him, did not state (that I caught) what their work hours were. Winston gave his work hours as 9-6 and said he and Alex worked on the same team (different than RH and different building) it was described by all 3 (Brandon, Winston and Alex) that the Treehouse was more laid back and that where Winston and Alex worked (building) it was more Corporate like.

So I did not take it that the hours of 9:30 - 4:15 were his normal work hours. JMHO, we have no idea what he did on other days at work, just this one (we know of some but not the context of all day work) . Or even how much work he got done. (I guessing not as much as needed since he was allegedly behind on a project according to what Brandon heard in the break room or lunch room) This was also testified to as the first time they had planned a movie like this right after work.

Brandon made comments about how they had multiple monitors on each of their work areas, and that people would have news on or movies/videos playing. I would agree sounded pretty laid back. Pun here but not going there. JMHO

And don't forget being upset for not getting promoted. He routinely came into work late, apparently left early, sexted all day. Did nothing of real value for his employer. But he was such a special snowflake, he deserved to get promoted while being a terrible employee.

I feel the defense has mostly (aside from today) done a great job.However, the more this goes on, the sillier their devoted family man image gets. I don't think anyone is going to buy that now.
JMO

Has testimony been entered that he left early routinely? Or just this day in question. Honest question. Trying to keep my facts straight. Thanks in advance.

The defense better be careful with using her as a witness for them. She might have changed her tune by then. When this case started, she thought she knew her husband and was totally loyal towards him. And maybe the sexting was not that big of a deal to her. But learning he had long term relationships, coming to her home, and him having a boyfriend, and going to see prostittutes. OUCH.

Thing is about any of these witness, they have made statements and recorded interviews so forth. She has to go by her testimony given, just as ea other witness or they will be impeached. Not by their feelings or memories today (or when they testify)

Kilgore did make that claim during opening statements:

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/r...ysterical-at-scene-of-hot-car-death/328836164

I can't find any other references from Ross' friends about the church confession. I'm not saying it wasn't in msm, just that I couldn't find anything. There are many interviews with Ross' friends from 2014 articles - ha, remember the comment about how Ross was late to his own wedding because he stopped to pick up hairspray? Anyway, again, I'm not saying no one mentioned Ross confessing about sexual problems, just that I couldn't find any.

Lol, I think there's a typo - "closest" not "closet" friend. Zipping my mouth...
But we have learned today RH has a closest friend as well as a closet friend :)

Why are people saying that Ross wanted to sleep with men?

Did I miss something?

The defense better be careful with using her as a witness for them. She might have changed her tune by then. When this case started, she thought she knew her husband and was totally loyal towards him. And maybe the sexting was not that big of a deal to her. But learning he had long term relationships, coming to her home, and him having a boyfriend, and going to see prostittutes. OUCH.

She's always said she thought it was an accident and RH loved Cooper. I don't think the DT would risk calling her if they had the slightest doubt she would testify to both.

I also think she will have more credibility with the jury if she DOES express anger at RH for being responsible, accident or not, for the loss of her baby.

To Dexter Morgan!

Hi Dex! :seeya: Yes, you missed the testimony of the underaged girl this morning - she actually was 15 and not 16 when they began texting :puke:. Anyway, she testified that Ross told her he had a fling with a man while he was on vacation. No info on what vacation or whether or not Leanna and Cooper were with him though.

Stoopid reply button is still not working! Argh!!

I don't think the motive has been taken away that easily. His lifestyle and behavior shows us his possible motive to be free and single.
But Ross was already having his cake and eating it too. He had no woman on the side asking him to leave his wife. I dont think he even had a perspective relationship in the works. He was paying for it. I think RH has some struggles. Had RH had something stable on the side, maybe he would have considered divorce, but testimony doesn't speak to that.

I think it was 4:16 as he left work

4:16 walking out the door, we've seen the distance to his car- maybe another 1-2 minutes to walk to his car and put his stuff in- 4:17-4:18.

LE responds at 4:24, within approx 2-3 minutes of his arrival and getting Cooper out of the car, so an arrival at approx 4:20-4:21.

His account of the drive there lines up in terms of time..

But we have learned today RH has a closest friend as well as a closet friend :)

How does this change the facts in this case?. Regardless of who he was sleeping with, a precious child is dead. What do sexual preference's have to do with this?.

To Dexter Morgan!

Hi Dex! :seeya: Yes, you missed the testimony of the underaged girl this morning - she actually was 15 and not 16 when they began texting :puke:. Anyway, she testified that Ross told her he had a fling with a man while he was on vacation. No info on what vacation or whether or not Leanna and Cooper were with him though.

Thanks guys. Btw. You have to refresh the page for the reply/quote to work.

But anyways. Wow. I didn't know Ross was bi at one point.

Thank you MM and others.

4:16 walking out the door, we've seen the distance to his car- maybe another 1-2 minutes to walk to his car and put his stuff in- 4:17-4:18.

LE responds at 4:24, within approx 2-3 minutes of his arrival and getting Cooper out of the car, so an arrival at approx 4:20-4:21.

His account of the drive there lines up in terms of time..

Thank you. And yet the DT keeps talking about the "massive" traffic area. I still don't grasp the reasoning behind that line of questioning.

To Dexter Morgan!

No this was the other witness. The underaged was 15 then and 17 now and her testimony the mics were off and no live tweeting. It was then next witness after that one.. This started in 2013. She is the one that said RH loved his some and shared photos of Cooper with him.2/2014 was when that vacation chat was. They entered the chats into State Evidence, but her part of the convo was not in the print outs.

Thanks guys. Btw. You have to refresh the page for the reply/quote to work.

But anyways. Wow. I didn't know Ross was bi at one point.

Thank you MM and others.

Not always works. Especially when the thread is this long. Lots of us have been having issues lately. Just one of those thangs.

jamiect: I think Dale Tray was just making a play on words - the msm article had several typos - one was the word "closet" - misspelled, instead of "closest" as in closest friend. Dale was just making a little pun, referring to testimony about Ross hooking up with a man while on vacation. Of course I can't speak for Dale but IMO I think it was merely a little much needed levity, nothing more.

No this was the other witness. The underaged was 15 then and 17 now and her testimony the mics were off and no live tweeting. It was then next witness after that one.. This started in 2013. She is the one that said RH loved his some and shared photos of Cooper with him.2/2014 was when that vacation chat was. They entered the chats into State Evidence, but her part of the convo was not in the print outs.

Oops! Yes, :blushing: absolutely my mistake. I apologize. The testimony from the underaged girl was blacked out. Duh, sorry.

Thank you. And yet the DT keeps talking about the "massive" traffic area. I still don't grasp the reasoning behind that line of questioning.

Didn't he go a different way? I not sure lol the routes are confusing not being from there and all that traffic. Dallas driving freaks me out when I go there lol. But I personally not trying to figure out that part - I will have to await see how they present it. JMHO It probably will click when they do for ya? Maybe? then you will have to help us again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288