Order in the Court -a profile of Judge Perry

Great article. Thank you. I was wondering about who Belvin Perry was as a child and his background. He is a very down to earth person and I can see why.

ETA; I had wondered why his eye was droopy. Now I know he lost his eye at age 6. wow

Great article, I learned a lot about His Honor....

(note to self: move butcher knives out of sight)

I had learned much of this through my research of HHJP but lots I didn't know. I feel much better knowing this case will be in his hands.

This is a must read. Brad Kuhn has revealed so much about HHJP's life that it makes me wonder about HHJP's level of cooperation with this article. Not that I think anything is bad or disturbing but that I'm surprised that HHJP would be quite so "open" about so many private things. I am so pleased, though, to know that we don't have a judge sitting over this case who thinks he is almost as perfect as God.

I, as other posters here, have been worried about his eye drooping. It seems to happen more often during stressful times in the court proceedings so I was grateful to read the following and understand the cause.

Now I won't have to keep praying that he won't have a stroke or something during the trial! God bless him.

Attachments

• HHJP eye 1.jpg
    HHJP eye 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 51
Isn't that a wonderful read? :heartluv:

I'm not worried about a mistrial or appellate issues for a nanosecond.:skip:

I have really enjoyed watching this Judge in action. Having lawyers and Judge's in my family I really appreciate the subtle but powerful way that His Honor manages the courtroom.

While some may be concerned that his occassional leeway with the DT is demonstrative of not enforcing rules, I see it differently. I see a Judge managing his courtroom and maintaining a schedule. He is accommodating when it presents a possible appellate issue, and he is resolute when it is a mere matter of respect and following orders.

I had wondered about the droopy eye. It is kind of adorable. I had no idea he has only one that works. Knowing that now irritates me more to think about how CM exploits his selective hearing issue / impairment / condition / or trademark.

While we have all commented how stupid it was to to push SS out......I think that JB is actually in MUCH better shape with this Judge. HHJP has consistently coached, educated, guided, and "helped" JB.

The assertion that His Honor is biased is just legal gamesmanship. While insulting to many, I doubt it even phased Judge Perry. This isn't his first rodeo. (But wouldn't he be just adorable in a cowboy hat?)

What a wonderful human being - that's all I can say. The article was so well written, I give huge kudos to the author.

The one thing that worries me is that His Honour is so immersed in this case I'm afraid he may forego his health in doing so. I know he has the wisdom to get enough sleep, but his passion for the law and justice appears to outweigh his own healthy best interest. I hope he takes the time to get on the treadmill, or sit out in the backyard and drink lemonade. And if Baez starts in on him (ojecting to His Honour's rulings) I will have a massive fit.

There's one thing I know I won't be expecting -- a judge Ito circus. I'll never forget the day he displayed flowers on his bench that many speculated were from a fan. They were quickly removed (and my apologies - I can't find a picture...just going from memory).

I'm so please His Honour is there for Caylee Marie Anthony. It's the way it should be.

MOO

Mel

Great article, I learned a lot about His Honor....

(note to self: move butcher knives out of sight)

I know - that was incredibly tragic. Though I do believe the accident made him a much stronger person.

And I never noticed the eye myself, just the leg (which seems to hop only when Jose is being...well...Jose).

MOO

Mel

Cried when i read this article. Think i lub him more than i do me lil paddy (lp)

sur hope jb reads this. His leg bouncin make me grin e-time i see it. Think i noticed him coverin a grin a couple of times (wasnt that) friday? The last time. Days r turned around and flipped upside down lately.

I know - that was incredibly tragic. Though I do believe the accident made him a much stronger person.

And I never noticed the eye myself, just the leg (which seems to hop only when Jose is being...well...Jose).

MOO

Mel

I agree about the tragedy making him stronger. I cannot imagine a 6 yr old losing an eye to a butcher knife. How horrifying and painful that must have been for him, and his family. To make it through that is a true inspiration.

I already had the utmost respect for him, but this makes me love him as a person as well, imperfections and all.

ICA needs to see this article. He has presided over 8 DP cases, and awarded the DP in all! Why on earth should she be any different?

I really can't contain my anger when the DT behave abominably to the SA & HHJP.
This is a case when we show our humanity, honesty & respect for our Creator & his world & man created in his image. I simply cannot believe that grown-up, educated people can disparage the death of helpless child by her own parent & create a circus of disrespect for the investigation & trials according to the laws of our country & of our Creator God.
I only hope that fairness & obedience will prevail .God's blessings & good health to HHJBP, as well as to LBD,JA , and all the SA. I really find the behavior of:maddening: the DT despicable , puerile & at times vulgar!!!

This is a must read. Brad Kuhn has revealed so much about HHJP's life that it makes me wonder about HHJP's level of cooperation with this article. Not that I think anything is bad or disturbing but that I'm surprised that HHJP would be quite so "open" about so many private things. I am so pleased, though, to know that we don't have a judge sitting over this case who thinks he is almost as perfect as God.

I, as other posters here, have been worried about his eye drooping. It seems to happen more often during stressful times in the court proceedings so I was grateful to read the following and understand the cause.

Now I won't have to keep praying that he won't have a stroke or something during the trial! God bless him.

Thnaks for pointing that out...I to worried about the stroke factor....I also started watching to see if both eyes blinked at the same time....

Thnaks for pointing that out...I to worried about the stroke factor....I also started watching to see if both eyes blinked at the same time....

Me too. It's unfortunate that the first thing that popped into my mind if anything happened to His Honour was JB jumping out of his chair and yelling MISTRIAL. I don't think he (JB) would help out a fellow human being if his life depended on it. He'll come to regret his actions if and when he shows up to the pearly gates.

MOO

Mel

what an incredible and inspiring article. this guy's had a hell of a life eh? no wonder he is so good at what he does.

side note: I always thought the DT made a ridiculous mistake (for them) in wanting to rid themselves of HHJS. I never did think he would sentence ICA to death. HHJP I believe will uphold what the jury asks for.

On the morning of March 30, 1998, Perry and his chief investigator drove to Florida State Prison in Starke. Perry had visited Death Row before, and he’d even seen the old oak electric chair, fashioned by inmates in 1923. But this would be the first time he’d ever seen someone executed.

“All I can remember is that we were packed like sardines in the witness room,’’ Perry says as he recalls the day, during an interview in his office. “I was seated in the front row with the official witnesses.”

As he speaks, Perry is not drumming the table. His leg is not jogging. His good eye is staring off into the middle distance.

“When she came through the door, her head was completely shaved, which is a shock in itself because you are used to seeing a woman with all of her hair. There were two guards on either side of her, and I noticed they were dragging her in. You could tell she was terrified. She kept her eyes closed the entire time.”

They ushered Buenoano to the chair and began to methodically strap her in. One of the straps broke, and was immediately replaced. She was the first woman ever to sit in that chair. The warden read the warrant and checked for any last-minute reprieve.

“You hear the generator rev up, and then that first shot of electricity,’’ Perry says. “At that first jolt, the body jumps and you see the steam coming out of her head and off of her ankles. There’s a second jolt, and then a doctor goes over and listens to make sure she’s deceased. And then there’s that lifeless body there. . . .

“I thought a lot on the way home about what she had done—how she had murdered her husband, murdered her own son, murdered her common-law husband, and tried to murder her fiancé, not once, but twice….You just wonder what makes people do such horrible things to other people.”

When asked about his goals for the Anthony case, Perry says only that they’re the same as for any trial: Ensure the defendant gets a fair trial, watch the budget and avoid making any glaring errors. He is quick to add that one life has already been lost, and another is on
the line.

As for the rest of his thoughts on the case, they are his alone.

I do hope ICA has read up on The Honorable Chief Judge Perry, Jr...he will have no problems sending her to death row, if this is what her jury recommends. He has carried out that sentence many times, so ICA isn't different, isn't special and definately not unique...the only difference now is she would get put to sleep, much more kinder than she was to Caylee Marie...doesn't seem fair but it is a more humane way of taking the worst of society out of society for ever and always...I await her fate...(If I can get through the entire trial...my nerves from Baez can't take much...)

He will ensure she gets a fair trial, will give her DT money when requested and is very watchful of what he states...I have pure faith in His Honor and the State Prosecutors, they represent upholding the laws of the land and see that the victim receives justice, while the DT tries to make a mockery of justice..and to deny justice to the victim...in the end, Justice will be done...Caylee's justice will be sweet...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Wonderfully well-written article, glad to have read it.

My favorite part is where they compare his and Judge Strickland's records on the death penalty. To think the DT complained about a judge who had NEVER sent ANYONE to Death Row to a judge who is 8-0 is incredible. or miraculous, whichever way you want to look at it.

Justice is coming Caylee....

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2007-01-30/news/MAXWELL30_1_elevator-belvin-perry-trapped

Belvin Perry doesn't mind admitting it:

January 30, 2007|By Scott Maxwell, Sentinel Columnist
Belvin Perry doesn't mind admitting it:
For the first 60 seconds after the power went out -- and he found himself trapped alone in the elevator -- Perry was in a "total panic."
The Orange County Courthouse, after all, was abandoned on that Sunday morning. And there he was, six stories up, trapped in a steel box with no working intercom system and a cell phone that couldn't get a signal.

pixel.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back