TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was trying to find a holly woo or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember something to do with Ng and Woo families but I don't remember what it was. Did you try searching the forum?

Was there some connection to Laciner?

I remember researching the Ng name. Wasn't there a serial killer by that name or something?

I very vaguely remember a connection made, I'm sure it is on one of the boards here. I read through everything I heard about this woman here & on the Thinking Sideways podcast, which introduced me to the case. I don't know where in the sub threads you are going to find the reference, but I remember the connection.

Perhaps the "notes page" thread?

This is exactly what I did when I wanted a fake ID to get into bars when I was 18. I altered my birth certificate, took it to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, and told them my purse was stolen. I needed a new DL.

The woman looked on the computer and said, "Your birthdate is listed as 1967, not 1964."

Me: Wow... that's incorrect. Must have been a mistake on the DMV's part and I just never noticed. Here's my birth certificate.

Her: Here's your new driver's license.

I am about the same age as we suspect FLEK was. I seem to remember that you not only needed a birth certificate but ALSO a social security card to get a Driver's license. In fact, back then, they put the social security number right on your license. That was Ohio. So....... Does that mean that she must have also gotten a social security card issued in Becky Sue's name? Never thought about that before. Hmmm.

I am about the same age as we suspect FLEK was. I seem to remember that you not only needed a birth certificate but ALSO a social security card to get a Driver's license. In fact, back then, they put the social security number right on your license. That was Ohio. So....... Does that mean that she must have also gotten a social security card issued in Becky Sue's name? Never thought about that before. Hmmm.

In NJ, we didn't need to show our social security card, just have a number. (I remember this because my wallet was stolen so I didn't have a SS card, but I knew the number.) She might have made one up. Also the Idaho card was just an ID card, it wasn't a license. She might not have needed a SS number for an ID card.

FWIW, I also remember using just a photocopy of my birth certificate to get my driver's license. It wasn't an "official" copy with a raised seal.

The Becky Sue ID card is an ID card rather than a license, I think.

I've done a couple google searches, I can't find anything Woo or Ng related. If it comes down to it we can all work together to take a sub thread at a time & Control+Shift+F or whatever the command is to search the page. We'll have to account to each other to ensure everything gets searched & that we are not duplicating searches.

In NJ, we didn't need to show our social security card, just have a number. (I remember this because my wallet was stolen so I didn't have a SS card, but I knew the number.) She might have made one up. Also the Idaho card was just an ID card, it wasn't a license. She might not have needed a SS number for an ID card.

FWIW, I also remember using just a photocopy of my birth certificate to get my driver's license. It wasn't an "official" copy with a raised seal.

Thanks, just wondering because there is a number on the Idaho ID card that is in the format of a social security number and it is a separate number from their ID NUMBER?

It varies from state to state NC did not require a SS card just a birth certificate and one other form of ID. I can't remember what I used for the second. I know a family bible was accepted!!! Every state is different.

Thanks, just wondering because there is a number on the Idaho ID card that is in the format of a social security number and it is a separate number from their ID NUMBER?

Oh wow, I don't remember seeing that. Did you search the number to see if it is a ss number? There is a place you can search ss numbers and it says where and when it was issued. If the person is alive, it doesn't give you a name. I'll research it later when I get a chance.

just my thoughts

Hey , i was sitting here thinking. What a life it must have been for Lori ? It must have been a living hell. not being able to be your true self ,We don't know what evils was cast upon her in her young life, to make her want to escape from it.What pushed her into this ? i will say when a killer gets caught they say its because of childhood problem , and we look to understand why they becomes monster... But Lori wasn't that .she became a wife , a mother and a sucessful business woman, who believed in god and was part of a womans business group, and we have sat here and look for the bad in what Lori must have done to be who she was today, but We have empathy for a murderer who was abused as a child . Lori was a child what horror was bestode on her as a child, a teen , and as a young woman. Wow, Lori you are a Hero to be able to over come what it is you were running from, and build a beautiful life , and still have remanance of the hell you must have went through with you every day, poking its head in , to remind you , your still not safe. And when your new life came tumbling down , the only true reason for your existance was gone, Lori may you rest in peace and may your family understand in the end who you were is who you wanted to be, a loving and caring Wife and mother......I hope you can go fly with the Angels soon, where you belong. Lori has a story. maybe its one that may help other......

I think i may have found what CRA meant on her paper...if you remember lori was doing clinical trials when you look up her email thats what shows up... look at like below.

Thursday, August 18, 2005
Mystery Shopping - Mock Jury Duty, Product Testing, Focus Groups
Lori Ruff, Recruiter
An Eye for Detail Consulting
www.aneyefordetailconsulting.com

If you are not in the database and would like to be contacted about upcoming studies, please register on line.

If you would like to learn more about Mystery Shopping, Mock Jury Duty, Product Testing, Focus Groups and more, please visit us online.www.aneyefordetailconsulting.com
posted by Allison Ray @ Mystery Shopping - Mock Jury Duty, Product Testing, Focus Groups

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_research_associate

I should know the answer to these things, but my brain seems to be made of sludge today. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Did Velling tell us where BST's birth certificate was sent? Or was that information lost?

My drivers' license has sufficed as my "identification" since the age of 16, so I've never had a need for an ID card (strictly ID - like BST's from Boise), and so I'm curious if all US states offered these in 1987-88?? Any thoughts on how to find out? And, for anyone who read the Loompanics book... did it suggest obtaining this type of ID?

I should know the answer to these things, but my brain seems to be made of sludge today. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Did Velling tell us where BST's birth certificate was sent? Or was that information lost?

My drivers' license has sufficed as my "identification" since the age of 16, so I've never had a need for an ID card (strictly ID - like BST's from Boise), and so I'm curious if all US states offered these in 1987-88?? Any thoughts on how to find out? And, for anyone who read the Loompanics book... did it suggest obtaining this type of ID?

Hi Fred&Edna,

Nothing with absolute concrete facts here but I got my drivers license in the early 80's. I also lived up north, the tri-state area of NY/NJ/CT. I knew of many older folks who did not drive and had ID's of some sort from the state (NJ at least). To this day I know some who still don't drive due to the wide choice of transportation options besides a car. I assume they have some sort of ID. So I am thinking you could have gotten a state ID card back in the 80's. And I don't think it would have been limited to just large metropolitan areas but as I said, I haven't looked up any set in stone facts about this. Only telling you my experience!

Also, I can't find the evidence now, but I think a receipt was given for the BST birth certificate but I can't remember if it indicated someone physically showed up to get the birth certificate or someone mailed in a check/m.o./cash and then the certificate was mailed out. I swear I remember seeing that receipt somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. I can't remember if that receipt would have had more info on it.

My theory was she escaped some horror or something that plagued her for a time in her life and she made up a new identity to run from all of the pain but when her new world came crumbling down her only option was to kill herself

I am guessing every state has IDs. It can be used for Identification in case your DL gets revoked.

Ok, just looking over the sub-thread Arizona connection on here. Right away I picked up on something. In the Times article she apparently told the Ruffs that she was the child "of a failed stockbroker, and his wife". Not her parents, not her mother, but his wife.
In the college application she listed her mothers education level as unknown.
According to SS1988 she was with her mother in the Dallas area, and he said he was sure that it was her mother because the appearance was so similar. I think he said they were identical aside from age and hair, something that close.
So, if she was separated from her mother at a young age and reconnected once she disappeared- why wouldn't she know about her mothers level of education? That seems like something that would come up in a reunion situation. It is a really straightforward bit of information that would easily come up when recounting your life story to a long lost child. "Well I dropped out of school and went to work here... I completed a degree here..."
Either the woman SS1988 met was not LEK, or the woman listed on the financial aid application as the mother is not the same woman LEK was with in Dallas.
OR LEK's mother was passing away- according to SS1988- perhaps she had dementia or some other illness that prevented her from sharing her life story with LEK. How heartbreaking is that? LEK finally gets a way from whatever horrible thing she ran from, finds her mother, and she is unable to find out about her life and then she dies.
I realize I am making a lot of assumptions here. SS1988 would have to have been truthful and accurate in his memory and Lori would have had to be truthful about her relationship to the woman.

I am really stuck on the Arizona phone book pages today. Has anyone seen anything specific about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993