Identified! KY - Louisville - Male *Hot Case 199*, 30-40, 1984 - Name withheld

jumpingbean79

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this:

Missing Person: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2824/7/
UID: http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase199.html and the Namus profile: https://identifyus.org/cases/106[/url]

The UID male was found 2 wks after David went missing. It was estimated the UID passed one to 2-wks prior to being found. The height matches (6'4"), the weight matches(around 200 lbs), the hair color matches (reddish-brown) and the age matches (John Doe was btwn 30-40 and David was 36 when he disappeared).

Thoughts? TIA!

The UID has the tip of left finger amputated. No mention of that in David's profile. I'm also not sure how the road from Atlanta to Birmingham would take him into Louisville, but maybe he was carjacked by someone who needed to get up north.

Everything else looks real good though, and the above things wouldn't keep me from calling it in. You should call or e-mail the regional case manager listed in David's NamUs profile and find out if there is a possibility that David was missing tip of his left index finger.

The case manager's name is Todd Mathews. His e-mail address is namus.11@findthemissing.org and his phone is 931-397-3893 if you want to call him instead. It's probably better to e-mail because you can provide him all of the links in your message.

Hello again - I wrote to Todd Matthews, the case manager for David Cunningham, and he already wrote me back! Here is his letter:

Hi Erin,

Good eye as we have been reviewing this possibility already.

Dr Craig assures me that the "amputation" was something long term and
medical in nature as opposed to something that might have occured
accidentally or after death.

David's family assure us that he had no such amputations. (To their
knowledge)

Dr Craig states --

"The finger amputation was well -healed and there is no way that
could happen in thirteen days..."

We do have detailed dental images that were sent to Ky as a "double check"
-- as we really wanted to check every option. Dr. Craig was last
attempting to full review the dental profile from the medical archives.

When she's completely finished with that -- she will issue an "exclusion"
viewable to public on the UID NamUs file at -

https://identifyus.org/cases/106

The automated system generated multiple possible matches for David, most
of which will be excluded by dental records.

One good thing -- we did manage to get a family reference sample from
David's siblings and it is at last on it's way to CODIS.

Hope you'll keep up the effort though - I'm glad folks are looking!

-Todd

Looks like David isn't a match for this UID, unfortunately. =/

Hi Jumpingbean. I just saw this thread and wanted to share something that caught my eye when I read through the thread about the John Doe that was found in Louisville KY in the Ohio River.

...Red t-shirt: "The Cards Will Roam in the Dome in New Orleans";

What passed through my mind is that the Cards are a local sports team to Louisville. Just wanted to share---because so many of the members here keep notes about the UID's so they can match up at a later date.

In my Humble opinion, this young man may have very well been from somewhere in KY (within Louisville or adjacent county) Southern IN or Southern OH. Of course there is always the posssibility that he was a transient and was either given the tee shirt or bought it from a charity (goodwill...etc.).

PS: I'm aware this wasn't a match, just wanted to share that for reference in future comparisions.

It's great to see the prompt and well-thought-out response from the case manager, and the kind acknowledgement of your efforts. It's also encouraging that they are double-checking after the initial non-confirmation.

You don't always get the enthusiastic response, or any response for that matter. Some of them can't be bothered.

Good find though, jumpingbean, whatever the end result.

Nice Job Jumpingbean! It's always nice to know that your potential match isn't way out in left field, and one important thing to remember is that rule outs are valuable information for the future.

Don't ever be discouraged- tommorrow might be the day when you make that connection. We don't know what tommorrow holds, so never give up! :)

Appreciating Everyone who Searches.
Snuf

the UID's Namus profile is no longer available and there is no UID from KY found in Aug 1984 in the Namus records. Cunningham's profile is still up and active so I think it is safe to say the UID was identified and it was not Cunningham.

FWIW, the Cards could also be the Arizona Cardinals. The Dome would be the New Orleans Super Dome, which is a football venue. Perhaps this UID is from AZ.

Hi Jumpingbean. I just saw this thread and wanted to share something that caught my eye when I read through the thread about the John Doe that was found in Louisville KY in the Ohio River.

What passed through my mind is that the Cards are a local sports team to Louisville. Just wanted to share---because so many of the members here keep notes about the UID's so they can match up at a later date.

In my Humble opinion, this young man may have very well been from somewhere in KY (within Louisville or adjacent county) Southern IN or Southern OH. Of course there is always the posssibility that he was a transient and was either given the tee shirt or bought it from a charity (goodwill...etc.).

PS: I'm aware this wasn't a match, just wanted to share that for reference in future comparisions.

The 1982 Final Four was held in New Orleans - the Louisville Cardinals made it to the finals. The Arizona Cardinals were still in St. Louis until 1988 but I would bet the t shirt was related to the final four appearance.

can anyone check with the people in KY about this? it looks like the UID was in Namus at one time and is no longer there. not sure which has a more accurate database - Namus or Doe Network.

can anyone check with the people in KY about this? it looks like the UID was in Namus at one time and is no longer there. not sure which has a more accurate database - Namus or Doe Network.

I sent an e-mail to Amy Burrows to see if she knows why the NamUs casefile is closed to public viewing.

I sent an e-mail to Amy Burrows to see if she knows why the NamUs casefile is closed to public viewing.

Amy Burrows replied to my e-mail. She says that the decedent has been identified, but she did not provide a name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back