Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Sherin was having difficulty eating at home because she was being rewarded with food she liked after having something happen to her that she didn't like. Abuse of some kind. But outside the home she got to eat just because it was time to eat.

Plus, her speech development was likely improving, and we know how people don't like it when children reach an age where they can talk about what happens at home.

Powerful post.

I agree, but we don't know what the kids were being fed at the orphanage. Could have been bland porridge for all we know.

And I'll respectfully disagree with you about Indian cuisine! I love learning about the culture, but I've never gotten into the food. Lots of folks love it though!

I’m not fond of curry which is used a lot.

Could it have been as simple as she didn’t like the type of food being prepared at home or the way it was prepared?

I am not an authority on Indian cuisine but most of what I have experienced has been very spicy and a lot of curry (which is not my favorite spice). When my oldest was little I was convinced that she did not like spaghetti. Then I found out when she went to a restaurant without me she ordered spaghetti. I was dumbfounded. I had always packer her a lunch for school when they had spaghetti again because she wouldn’t eat it at home. Then one morning she asked for lunch money and said I was packing her lunch because it was spaghetti day. She replied that she loved spaghetti she just didn’t like mine. When I asked why she said that I didn’t make it right. Mine wasn’t brown and it wall all lumpy. Brown spaghetti sauce? After that little pang of hurt feelings went away I began to giggle. You see I made spaghetti sauce from scratch with all the garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spices. What she wanted was brown bland nearly meatless meat sauce. In the future I put some of my sauce in the food processor or blender for her and she began to enjoy my red sauce too. LOL Sometimes the most difficult problems have the simplest answers.

My Italian mother in law said I made "dirty" sauce because mine had chunks of tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic, lean ground beef and italian sausage in it. Her's was more Austrian/German with a brown sauce with pork, and it was delicious over linguine and homemade gnocchi.

She didn't look like she was missing any meals. But, who am I to say?

I’m not fond of curry which is used a lot.
I've never actually tried a true curry. Someday I'ld like to. I make what I guess some would call a fusion curry. I'm sure anyone who has tried Indian or Thai curry would shake their head at it. We like it.

Respectfully, the cuisine might not have been changed all that much since the adoptive parents were Indian. JMO, Indian cuisine is some of the best in the world!! I think it highly unlikely that the parents would change their food preferences just because they were U. S. citizens.
But the adoption was from an orphanage in Bihar, in northern India where the cuisine and staple foods are drastically different from the cuisine and staple foods of southern India specifically Kerala where the Mathews' are originally from.
Also to be noted is that while a big part of India is vegetarian , Kerala cuisine incorporates meat in all forms : beef, chicken, fish while cow slaughter is banned in most of India !!

I have two grandchildren, one of which isn't even a month old. I do not see either of them, divorce... my current living arrangement.... my ex is very bitter. Even tho our kids are adults, two of them live with him. His rule is, they can't visit me.... because of who I'm with.... if they do, they have to move out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. It's terrible that he's controlling his adult children and they are going along with it. I'm going through something similar. I really feel for you

I hope this is allowed. I just wanted to post this update regarding the petition about Sherin's remains. I am not going to sign the petition and think I have made it clear how I feel about Ft Thomas actions in the past week, but since we have discussed this petition I thought I would give this update by the petition creator:

"Petition Clarification: We are not rushing the Medical Examiners office with the autopsy. It will take time and we completely understand. Our proposal to the agencies and/or relatives is to allow the community to partake in the burial and memorial service. If relatives decide to do a private burial/service we will respect their wishes and have our own memorial service in the honor of Sherin Mathews.If for whatever reason the next of kin or relatives refuse to take her body after completion of the autopsy, we want the agencies involved to understand Sherin has the backing of the community and world support in ensuring she receives a proper/respectful burial and memorial service."

I honestly don't know if this clarifies intention or not as the petition itself IMO reads differently, and IMO the wording of the petition is extremely important and should include these exact intentions if this is the genuine case...

I LOVE that the community (and the world!!) has come together to love on this baby girl, but I do worry that people are taking it a bit too far...

The family will see to it that their child has a proper burial. The community can have whatever memorial it wants but Sherin is NOT their child and the community does not have to be invited to the funeral. Sometimes, I think people get confused about their place in the scheme of things. Sherin isn't the community's baby, she belongs to the Mathews' family.

JMHO

I've never actually tried a true curry. Someday I'ld like to. I make what I guess some would call a fusion curry. I'm sure anyone who has tried Indian or Thai curry would shake their head at it. We like it.

Honestly, I don't think I have either. I say, "I hate curry!" but I highly doubt I've ever had the real thing.

This made me laugh. And so true. As many posters have said, kids are weird! :)

I did think of the changes in cuisine/spices from India to America, or even just one household to the next. She was still getting used to solid food when it was all changed on her.

I have a friend who adopted two children from the foster system (siblings) here in the U.S. The younger one was a baby (but not a newborn) and had sooo many eating problems for at least 4 years. She had to take him to feeding therapy at the children's hospital and everything. It was so incredibly frustrating. I can't imagine adding a new international cuisine on top of it.

Taking a child with serious eating problems to a children's hospital for therapy seems like a rational way to deal with the issues. As opposed to forcing her to drink milk/nutritional drinks at 3 flippin' am in the morning!

I don't know if we'll ever hear what Sherin's pediatrician suggested but I'd be surprised if he/she would approve of WM's actions. If his story is even true. Just sayin'. MOO.

And I too would like to know what LE found in the garage - like evidence of spilled drinks or other fluids. The video I linked upthread didn't seem to show a stool, chair, fridge or any other item that would indicate Sherin regularly took her meals or drinks there. JMO.

"Petition Clarification: We are not rushing the Medical Examiners office with the autopsy. It will take time and we completely understand. Our proposal to the agencies and/or relatives is to allow the community to partake in the burial and memorial service. If relatives decide to do a private burial/service we will respect their wishes and have our own memorial service in the honor of Sherin Mathews.If for whatever reason the next of kin or relatives refuse to take her body after completion of the autopsy, we want the agencies involved to understand Sherin has the backing of the community and world support in ensuring she receives a proper/respectful burial and memorial service."

Thanks for posting this . The parts I have made bold highlights the overbearing, presumptuous, grandstanding of everyone involved in this petition charade.

IMO. It is possible that Sini was originally covering for her husband. She very well could have known Sherin had died and her body brought away. It was done and nothing could save her. We don't know what time she got up, we don't know what he told her, she could have been sleeping through the whole thing. It doesn't really matter how many people say they would not have slept through that, this isn't about them nor is it them.
We don't know what time he got up or what time he could have brought her to the garage, no time is noted in the warrant of arrest.
We do know that between the hours of 4 am and 5 am the car was missing from the home and LE pretty much knew the location of where that car was. What was he doing in that location on that morning and at that time? I think he was disposing of her body. I think Sherin was in that culvert from the morning of the 7th and remained there until it was found on the morning of the 22nd.
This is the tiny 22 pound body of a child, decomp would be very fast as opposed to a 100 lb adult.
If there was blunt force trauma to the head or broken bones in her neck, I think we might have a COD already. I don't think bruising to her body would have shown. Contents of her lungs and stomach are going to be very difficult.
Even if she was wrapped or bagged I really think this going to be a difficult autopsy.
We have no idea what he said to LE on the formal statement he gave on the 23rd. The affidavit of probable cause just had enough on it to be able to arrest him.
Sini very well could be guilty of nothing but lying to LE. She very well might not be involved in Sherins death or concealing her body.
If this is the case I would think her attorney would be willing to ask for some kind of immunity if she would come in for questioning.

The latest is she was not dumped in a bush.

"The girl was born on July 14, 2014 and was surrendered by a parent in Gaya, Bihar. She was sent to an orphanage, Nalanda Mother Teresa Anaath Seva Ashram, which is now shut, the CARA CEO added

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad...-but-had-eating-issues-india-was-told-1767772

At least here there is a source cited for the information. Otherwise I would take the information from Indian MSM especially the non printmedia websites with a heavy pinch of salt.

For example see this brilliant reportage from the same source :
https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad...or-3-year-old-indian-missing-in-texas-1764187 which included this excerpt:
Wesley has since been arrested, and bonded out, on a charge of child endangerment and ordered to wear an ankle monitor as the investigation continues.
Detectives have not said whether Wesley is a suspect, but they have cleared his wife Sini Mathews. Police previously said she was asleep and unaware her husband had made their daughter stand outside as punishment.

I hope this is allowed. I just wanted to post this update regarding the petition about Sherin's remains. I am not going to sign the petition and think I have made it clear how I feel about Ft Thomas actions in the past week, but since we have discussed this petition I thought I would give this update by the petition creator:

I honestly don't know if this clarifies intention or not as the petition itself IMO reads differently, and IMO the wording of the petition is extremely important and should include these exact intentions if this is the genuine case...

I LOVE that the community (and the world!!) has come together to love on this baby girl, but I do worry that people are taking it a bit too far...

I agree. I understand lots of folks fell in love with little Sherin. But some of this is just a bit much in my opinion.

There are some great Indian restaurants here in Australia, and my fave is Butter chicken with Naan bread, really yummy and not overly spicy either.
Also love Thai food.

Could it have been as simple as she didn’t like the type of food being prepared at home or the way it was prepared?

I am not an authority on Indian cuisine but most of what I have experienced has been very spicy and a lot of curry (which is not my favorite spice). When my oldest was little I was convinced that she did not like spaghetti. Then I found out when she went to a restaurant without me she ordered spaghetti. I was dumbfounded. I had always packer her a lunch for school when they had spaghetti again because she wouldn’t eat it at home. Then one morning she asked for lunch money and said I was packing her lunch because it was spaghetti day. She replied that she loved spaghetti she just didn’t like mine. When I asked why she said that I didn’t make it right. Mine wasn’t brown and it wall all lumpy. Brown spaghetti sauce? After that little pang of hurt feelings went away I began to giggle. You see I made spaghetti sauce from scratch with all the garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spices. What she wanted was brown bland nearly meatless meat sauce. In the future I put some of my sauce in the food processor or blender for her and she began to enjoy my red sauce too. LOL Sometimes the most difficult problems have the simplest answers.

This is too funny! One of mine was the same way. Our homemade sauce was flatly refused, but the school's, daycare's, the neighbor's (who's spaghetti was ketchup on pasta), was perfectly edible. We did kinda like you did, and set aside a little sauce before we put in all of the extras (basically, anything that wasn't lumpy, went into a separate little sauce pan) and warmed it up. Problem solved.

The same child would not eat store bought baby food. I had to create homemade baby food, in a blender, every day, for almost a year. This was wayyy before the homemade baby food craze. I just played it by ear, and made mashed potatoes and gravy every day, added a portion of meat, and an extra vegetable into the mix (whatever we were having for that meal), and tossed it all into a hand-me-down blender. It looked absolutely horrible, but my child loved it. Same child eats almost anything now. Go figure.

The family will see to it that their child has a proper burial. The community can have whatever memorial it wants but Sherin is NOT their child and the community does not have to be invited to the funeral. Sometimes, I think people get confused about their place in the scheme of things. Sherin isn't the community's baby, she belongs to the Mathews' family.

JMHO

Exactly & i totally agree.

Taking a child with serious eating problems to a children's hospital for therapy seems like a rational way to deal with the issues. As opposed to forcing her to drink milk/nutritional drinks at 3 flippin' am in the morning!

I don't know if we'll ever hear what Sherin's pediatrician suggested but I'd be surprised if he/she would approve of WM's actions. If his story is even true. Just sayin'. MOO.

And I too would like to know what LE found in the garage - like evidence of spilled drinks or other fluids. The video I linked upthread didn't seem to show a stool, chair, fridge or any other item that would indicate Sherin regularly took her meals or drinks there. JMO.

My thinking is that there was a mix of appropriate and not appropriate stuff going on. The family on the one hand was sufficiently comfortable discussing the eating issues that they made it into the social worker's report. And they received some helpful information. Likely the pediatrician at least was providing some nutritional oversight. We don't know exactly what was directed, but apparently night feedings might not have been out of the question. I personally suspect that however the eating problem got started, it was likely made worse through one or both parents taking a hard line--leading to a power struggle. Sometimes experts give good advice that parents have a hard time following. If a father believes that he is owed obedience, he is likely to feel personally challenged by misbehavior. Going one on one with a toddler at 3 AM is not conducive to patience and clear thought for the best of us. And I'm guessing that Wesley may not have had great reserves of these things to begin. He may also have been engaged in an escalating pattern for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77