Rape And Molestation Charges Filed

Just logged on and didn't want to read this...even though most of us expected this abuse took place. But how/why did Connie mention "abuse" while being interviewed from the car the day after Sandra was found?

We've speculated about Connie's words before, but now we can confirm there were acts of abuse before she was killed. I personally believe she just suspected that the killer abused Sandra since that is what happens in most cases such as this. I don't think she had any knowledge of her granddaughter's involvement. But recalling that interview just struck me as odd now that we have confirmation of abuse.

Why is the witness of the cadet being ignored, who saw a white/silver truck go down that road and look in the irrigation pond. If the person who did that didn't put her there, he knew about it after the fact. imo wouldn't that be conspiracy after the fact, or obstuction of justice, or something? moo

LE checked out his story and took everything into account, imo. They may have found the man and determined he was not involved. They are not obligated in any way to report their findings on tips or leads they may get during a case.

ALl this is now coming out. And goes back to my theroy I gave on that thread.I will not doubt that when the autospy is released Sandra has drugs in her also. WHich the local I work with told me Sandra was drugged 6 months ago by this MONSTER. And people daoubt what I said.

I just asked the same question on the previous page if this had been confirmed and if it was Sandra and MH involved. If it was I doubt if this is the first time it has happened. This time something went horribly wrong. And I would not be surprised if there are other children involved. IMO

I just asked the same question on the previous page if this had been confirmed and if it was Sandra and MH involved. If it was I doubt if this is the first time it has happened. This time something went horribly wrong. And I would not be surprised if there are other children involved. IMO

Check post 187 on the arrest thread. I posted on Sat.

Also there have been reports of at least 1 more being drugged.

For information of the perps: http://www.seattlepi.com/powertoharm/accused.html
To read about the case: http://www.seattlepi.com/powertoharm/

It does seem to be a problem that people are unaware or afraid of talking about... maybe this whole thing, however tragic, will make people aware, get them talking, and hopefully help another child.
You did read the links you provided, right?
http://www.seattlepi.com/powertoharm/
A record of abuses in Wenatchee
For recent developments, see the Aftermath section.

The town of Wenatchee, Wash., made world headlines in 1994 and 1995 when police and state social workers undertook what was then called the nation's most extensive child sex-abuse investigation.

By the time it was done, at least 60 adults were arrested on 29,726 charges of child-sex abuse involving 43 children. Many of the accused were poor or developmentally disabled. Many cases were settled on the strength of confessions taken down by Wenatchee police Detective Bob Perez.

In February 1998, the Post-Intelligencer published a series of articles that documented overzealous -- and even abusive -- actions by Perez and social service caseworkers, civil rights violations by judges and prosecutors as well as sloppy work by public defenders.

Since then, many of the convicted have been freed by higher courts, largely through the work of The Innocence Project, a group of volunteer lawyers.

It was a WITCH HUNT!!!

This case gets more horrifying by the day.

One thought in my mind since she was arrested....
I have read and heard from a police officer that visited my oldest DDs Girl Scout troop that you should tell your child to seek out a grandmotherly type woman or a mom with kids for help if they are lost/separated from you in a store to ask for help. I always thought it was good advice and have mentioned it to my DDs (one just days younger than Sandra) and now this.

There's one question I can't get out of my mind...how does a woman who stands 5'3" and weighs 125 pounds manage to put a large suitcase with a 45 lb. body into the center of a large pond all by herself?
From previous threads you will find that there are several of us women who have been able to leverage large weights with the ability of wheeled luggage.

Back on topic, I am stunned by this news. Truly stunned.

This is very sad news, but the removal of a folding bed from the Church lead me to think this would be the case. I also think that MH may have been abused as a child herself. Not an excuse for doing this to Sandra, but it would explain things a little.

JDB...I believed you. Interestingly enough, I don't know if you saw it, but on the team covereage video on cbs it shows why the reporter's interview with Melissa got cut off before she got into the drug part of the convo or even gave him a chance to ask if it was Sandra........HIS PHONE DIED! Doh!!! That is like the worst luck ever. We may never hear her psychotic explaination again. I am sure at the trial if it comes into play in the case we will hear about it from the Cantu family tho.

Also separate topic but murder weapon can also be hands, string from blinds, etc.. I am sure we will hear more. And I tend to think they also found this "object" in the church as well with dna on it (nurse crosses fingers for good forensic ties)

This case gets more horrifying by the day.

One thought in my mind since she was arrested....
I have read and heard from a police officer that visited my oldest DDs Girl Scout troop that you should tell your child to seek out a grandmotherly type woman or a mom with kids for help if they are lost/separated from you in a store to ask for help. I always thought it was good advice and have mentioned it to my DDs (one just days younger than Sandra) and now this.

it's like you can't trust anyone any more....it's more than sad....:eek:

As I wrote on another thread right before this news broke, in my practice of ministry and counseling I've run across more than a few female sex offenders and I suspect they are much more prevalent than we suspect precisely because they usually offend against young, vulnerable family members or friends of the family, secretly and subtlely.

I've sat and listened to female sex addicts, who would offend against young girls or boys, tell of molesting children at family parties, when adult attention is diverted elsewhere - and this from women who thought of themselves as in recovery.

I suspect that Melissa's behavior suddenly escalated beyond the "usual" female predator pattern because of the stressers in her life, including the pending charges she was facing.

In any event, if all of this pans out as I've been thinking, I can almost guarantee you Melissa was sexually abused by a family member as a young child. Reports of suicidal ideation as young as 6th grade and a lifetime of battling debilitating depression backs this up.

Thank you for such an enlightening post. We have read so much about Melissa's extended family, but only on her paternal side. There is no mention of Melissa's mother or her family. I'm wondering why she is 'out of the picture'. Can this type of abuse be generational? I wonder if Melissa was abused by an older female when she was young.

head on over to the family and friends thread and read the posts by her highschool friend. I won't paraphrase them but they are very enlightening as to her home life. Seems like she did not want to go/be at home....

Check post 187 on the arrest thread. I posted on Sat.

Also there have been reports of at least 1 more being drugged.

Thank you JDB and that is what I was afraid of. Some of those drugs are like an amnesiac (sp) and they wouldn't remember what happened to them while under it. OMG this is horrible.

Back on topic, I am stunned by this news. Truly stunned.

So am I nora. I had a horrible feeling about this perp when I read about her arrest. Many people's first reaction (since it was a female) was that it was an 'accident'; but I had a gut feeling that it was no accident.

That poor sweet child. She's the same age as my oldest granddaughter.

Thank you for such an enlightening post. We have read so much about Melissa's extended family, but only on her paternal side. There is no mention of Melissa's mother or her family. I'm wondering why she is 'out of the picture'. Can this type of abuse be generational? I wonder if Melissa was abused by an older female when she was young.

This sort of behavior is no doubt a result of the complex interplay of nature and nurture, and as I said I've seen female sex addicts who offend against both young girls and boys, with a significant part of the attraction being that the child is vulnerable and weaker than they themselves.

Someone like Melissa has no sense of a true adult self who is responsible for her actions or even able to authentically engage in adult relationships. One of the early key tips to her identity as an offender is that her family kept referring to her as: nice, sweet, a good mother, and a caretaker of everyone's children. All of this is code for Melissa never developed an adult self.

In many ways she sees children as her true peers.

As to who might have abused her when a child (I would bet very big bucks on this, the odds are with me), it could have been anyone of either gender, her subsequent acting out with a girl(s) isn't necessarily indicative of a female abuser.

My whole body is literally rejecting this... I feel so totally grossed out.

I want to throw up.

So she drugs little girls and molests them... Oh. My. Gosh...:sick:

HI JB-
Do you happen to have a link about her drugging Sandra? I have read almost every article I can find, and you lost me girl. If you could shoot me a link (or anyone else), I would appreciate it. TIA :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back