TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so nice of you...considering the size of Houston, I would find out where the services will be held first and then contact the funeral home and ask...sorry, but I wouldn't know where to begin with florists in that area...if all else fails, i will call the florist I use out my way and get the info to you...will that work?

That would be perfect, thank you :)

I need to do something productive something to ease the pain of his family..... this case just hurts my soul

Did the detective say David and Angela knew Mona?

Personally I think Mona acted alone. The confusion in the beginning could be because AD,DD and others have a mistrust in LE. Common in a druggie environment.
Many probably had something to hide that could land them in jail or they knew certain things about other people that could get them in trouble and vice versa, totally unrelated to Jonathan's abduction though. Mum or minimal info is the word in such an environment, you do not want to be labeled as a snitch, LE lover. Self preservation comes first.
They just did not realize the life threatening trouble Jonathan was in and obviously did not peg Mona as a dangerous predator.

In my heart, with no proof whatsoever, I do believe Mona acted alone. The motive - unknown.

Maybe in the coming days we'll find out more. Today is just a horrible mess of mumbo-jumble that I'm trying to figure out :(

MOO

Mel

These detectives then forwarded a photo of the truck they saw in the security video to the detectives working on JF’s case. who were in the process of questioning MN at her place. LE were able to obtain a probable cause warrant based on the mounting evidence they found at the home.

So she was already a suspect BEFORE they even had the video?

K.

So she was already a suspect BEFORE they even had the video?

K.

Well she was being questioned because she had told people she had seen him at 12:30 the day he went missing and told them he answered the dooor with no shirt seemed like someone else was in the room etc etc. so they were questioning her as one of the last people to see him.

It said that He was killed with the welding torch on PattyG's You Tube tape from HLN.

I can't understand with such an extensive criminal record how on earth did she get that job!?

Is it inappropriate to go to his funeral services if I don't know him, but I care?

It said that He was killed with the welding torch on PattyG's You Tube tape from HLN.

I can't understand with such an extensive criminal record how on earth did she get that job!?

Interesting because LE didn't say that during the press conference.

They said as acquaintances and said that she was known to Jonathan as well

So why would someone on the phone (allegedly Mona, since she is a suspect) be asking "is your mother's name Angela?"

Very informative article...If this was posted earlier today, then I missed it...

<snipped>

In 1992, Nelson asked a judge to shorten her sentence to allow her to go through a "boot camp" program or even enlist in the U.S. army.

"I&#8217;m aware that I was sentenced to 10 yrs (sic) incarceration, but I would very much like to be productive," she wrote.

The request was denied.

In 1986, she pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and received 10 years probation after she and a friend held up a barbecue restaurant in Houston with a rifle, according to court records.

When the robbery went sour, the pair fled as the restaurant owner shot at the car.

Police stopped the duo after a brief chase and arrested Nelson and her cohort.

On July 30, 1991, U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested Nelson at 4 a.m. in Kenedy County with five illegal immigrants from Mexico. One of the Mexican men told authorities Nelson had picked them up in Brownsville for a fee, according to court records.

She took the men north, stopping short of a checkpoint for the immigrants to get out and go through the woods in an attempt to circumvent the checkpoint.

Agents began watching Nelson, who was parked north of the checkpoint. The five men eventually emerged from the brush and got into the car. The group was arrested shortly thereafter.

Nelson&#8217;s probation was revoked for the violation and she served six months concurrent with the 10-year sentence imposed. She was paroled after three years.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

Is it inappropriate to go to his funeral services if I don't know him, but I care?

If I was in TX and it was open to the public, I'd be there in a heartbeat. If you go.. represent those of us who cannot make but sure wish we could. (HUG)

his hands were bound and he was burned with a welding torch. i hope he wasn't burned alive. :(

I don't think so...in fact, if I weren't going out of town, I would probably go myself.

I think it is a compassionate gesture and unless they request a private service, then I think you should do whatever your heart tells you to do.

I believe there will be many people there who didn't know him personally, so please go. And take my families love there with you because I care too.

Yikes. My God. Some details on MN's extensive criminal background @ http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html:

Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, pleaded guilty to fleeing the scene of an armed robbery in a hail of gunfire in 1986, then five years later trafficked Mexican nationals for $600 apiece sending her to prison for three years, according to court documents obtained by the Houston Chronicle.

Epiph: Surprisingly, she allowed them to search her home and vehicle. Perhaps, she's grown weary of the life now:

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Woman-charged-in-boys-death-a-cold-soulless-murderer-112682194.html

SNIPPED

Police said though the video appeared to show Nelson and her truck, she initially denied it was her.

She did, however, permit them to search her vehicle and her home, which was about three miles from where the body was found.

Very informative article...If this was posted earlier today, then I missed it...

<snipped>

In 1992, Nelson asked a judge to shorten her sentence to allow her to go through a "boot camp" program or even enlist in the U.S. army.

"I’m aware that I was sentenced to 10 yrs (sic) incarceration, but I would very much like to be productive," she wrote.

The request was denied.

In 1986, she pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and received 10 years probation after she and a friend held up a barbecue restaurant in Houston with a rifle, according to court records.

When the robbery went sour, the pair fled as the restaurant owner shot at the car.

Police stopped the duo after a brief chase and arrested Nelson and her cohort.

On July 30, 1991, U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested Nelson at 4 a.m. in Kenedy County with five illegal immigrants from Mexico. One of the Mexican men told authorities Nelson had picked them up in Brownsville for a fee, according to court records.

She took the men north, stopping short of a checkpoint for the immigrants to get out and go through the woods in an attempt to circumvent the checkpoint.

Agents began watching Nelson, who was parked north of the checkpoint. The five men eventually emerged from the brush and got into the car. The group was arrested shortly thereafter.

Nelson’s probation was revoked for the violation and she served six months concurrent with the 10-year sentence imposed. She was paroled after three years.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

I have absolutely no clue as to why someone would get probation for aggravated robbery!

Well she was being questioned because she had told people she had seen him at 12:30 the day he went missing and told them he answered the dooor with no shirt seemed like someone else was in the room etc etc. so they were questioning her as one of the last people to see him.

Thanks for the clarification Peeples. I thought she gave that info. after her arrest to cover her you-know-what after being seen in the area earlier. I really wish she would just explain WHY she did this. It wouldn't change anything, I know. But I can't help wondering what her reason was for committing such an unthinkable act.

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members