TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION:

At the press conference it was stated (and this is not verbatim) Mona was known to jonathan and a frequent visitor to the APARTMENT..
I'm confused at their use of the word apartment, do they mean the SD's apartment? Did they accidentally say apartment and mean the duplex/cottage etc. where Jonathan and his mom were staying???

This case hurts my heart, and it's the first one that I've actually cried myself to sleep over since lurking around here for a few years, and I've read some horrifying things here. My only solace comes from knowing he wasn't with her for long, a few hours instead of a few days. This poor, sweet, innocent little boy and his family will forever be in my heart.

I do believe she acted alone, and I have the feeling she has done bad things before. I don't think she has a motive besides pure, unadulterated evil. I think she likes the power and control it gives her over her victim/s. Whether through murder, or abuse. MOO

I don't think so...in fact, if I weren't going out of town, I would probably go myself.

I think it is a compassionate gesture and unless they request a private service, then I think you should do whatever your heart tells you to do.

You would be going to pay your respect. I think that is a wonderful gesture. I wish I could go.

QUESTION:

At the press conference it was stated (and this is not verbatim) Mona was known to jonathan and a frequent visitor to the APARTMENT..
I'm confused at their use of the word apartment, do they mean the SD's apartment? Did they accidentally say apartment and mean the duplex/cottage etc. where Jonathan and his mom were staying???

Believe reference is to SE's, roommate and frequent babysitter of JF, residence. Since SE has been described as a "frequent" sitter of J's, I'm surmising MN visited SE, and that may be how MN was known by Jonathan.

I'm talking about horrendous cases of women killing children in general. Eliza Baker (killed and dismembered her stepdaughter), Casey Anthony (duct tape over face, child died in car, she threw her out like trash), Teri Horman (suspected of kidnapping her stepson from school during a science fair and then killing him), Baby Gabriel's mom (said in a text to ex that she killed their baby, but a body has never been found), and I'm sure there's more. I've heard of one woman who put her baby in a microwave. One woman who suffocated her stepson in a car and then disposed him, and then spent time with father after that like nothing was wrong, and I could research and come up with a lot more. More and more, women are killing their children or someone else's and doing it more and more horrendous ways. That's what I mean. In a few years, it won't be surprising that women are being accused of doing horrendous things to either their own kids or kids that aren't theirs. No more are women are innocent good mothers who only worry about the welfare of their children. They just throw them out like trash when they don't want them anymore or prey upon other people's children. The vast chasm between them and men is closing fast on crimes against children, including horrendous murder. Poor Zahra was dismembered, and now Jonathon burned beyond recognition. I hate to ask it, but what is the next woman murderer going to do a child that gets in their way, that they don't want, or that they get angry at or abuse?

And our beautiful Victoria Stafford of Woodstock Ontario Canada. A 19 year old girl is now serving a life sentence for what she did to Victoria....It is becoming more and more public, I don't think its really anymore then before but just that the internet enables us to know what is really going on everywhere......there are no words...

They don't know what the for sure COD is, however they do NOT believe he was burned to death.

I hope this is true, but has LE actually stated it yet?

his hands were bound and he was burned with a welding torch. i hope he wasn't burned alive. :(

During the presser today Det Miller was asked that exact question and he said from speaking to the ME that he has been told that Johnathan was dead before being burned but the ME has yet to give an exact cause of death....IMO HLN and the Houston reporter are the ones who have put out to the public that he was burned to death, if you go back and listen to the presser that is not at all what LE said...Again trying to make a terrible story more sensational just what HLN seems to be all about these days.

<snip>

Officials said that in December 2005 there was an allegation of neglected supervision and physical abuse of Jonathan and his half sister when they were living in Galveston County. When CPS went to investigate the claims, both children were living with other relatives and the case was closed.

In Houston in December 2006, there was a second allegation of neglect, physical abuse and medical neglect of both Jonathan and his half sister, officials said. The case was closed because Jonathan had moved to his uncle's home out of state and his half sister was living with her grandmother.

more here - heart-wrenching to read of Uncle Glenn's love for Jonathan. :(

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26325836/detail.html

on a side note; Usually when a person is charged with murder a family or friend will speak out saying stuff like "I knew her but but she couldn't hurt a fly" however as of yet not one person has spoke out, like a family or childhood friend.

Where are her parents? Where did she grow up? Was she adopted and went through the system from foster parents here and there until she turned 18? Questions I have.

all I know is the police have a strong indication she has killed before. They would not in my opinion state this if it wasn't VERY strong! Maybe they know something but no evidence yet?
maybe they have evidence of other killing but don't know where or who it belongs with yet

At the presser, Miller said those who knew Nelson described her as "a bizarre person" who lived in her own world.

Was collecting DNA retroactive and what are the parimeters of collecting DNA in Texas? Has she been recently convicted of a crime that would warrant DNA collection? Mona's DNA may not be in the system at all.

I have no idea about the retoactive part or about the parimeters, but I do know that if you are convicted of a felony which she has been and if you are incarcerated in prison they have your DNA on file, I also know that when a violent crime occures and there is DNA obtained it is matched in the system...I has someone say the system in backlogged, that is true for rape kits, but not for violent crimes from my understanding, so again I think if there were numerous unsolved murders with DNA evidence they would have had her off the streets before yesterday.

MN is going to speak with a reporter from jail. :thud:
Surely she has an attorney but maybe this is part of the plan.

jmho

When it comes to unsolved missing persons cases, now that is a different story if you have yet to find the remains and get any DNA then she could have more of those in her past, I would look around the people she was doing terroristic threatening to and see if anyone has come up missing in relation to those cases, And from her criminal background it looks like she has a severe temper problem so who knows she could have made more people disappear than we know of yet.

I have absolutely no clue as to why someone would get probation for aggravated robbery!

First offense, 18-years old, overcrowded prisons.....

I wonder about her upbringing. The robbery at 18 was in Houston. Did she growup there, in what area, was she in a gang? Where are her parents or other family?

MN is going to speak with a reporter from jail. :thud:
Surely she has an attorney but maybe this is part of the plan.

jmho

Wow. She might not have an attorney yet. If she can't afford to hire one, it can sometimes take a few days or weeks to have a public defender assigned. She was only formally charged this morning right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23