POI in Lindsey's Case

Hartman tells KOMO News he made an ambulance run later in the evening of June 26, and when he returned to McCleary, the search for Lindsey already was under way.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Investigators-seek-2-women-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139031194.html

Should be easy enough to determine if he truly made an ambulance run later that very evening. I just have to wonder if he was actually disposing of Lindsey's body though. I'd really like to see the ambulance run confirmed by dispatch or LE.

I'm finding an another address for him in addition to the one in McCleary.

What made LE suspicious of him in the first place?

What made LE suspicious of him in the first place?

I believe it was conflicting stories about where he was that night.

You can read his story in this article
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/139031194.html
He originally told LE that he was at a class an hour away from McCleary that ended at 9pm. LE found out the class ended at 8:15pm.
He told them he didn't stop at Mikes, yet the video proves that wrong.
His story about the night Lindsey went missing (about Chief Crumb asking him to help and the fact that he says he helped search, went home went to bed and came back out at 1am to search again) is mostly untrue. He did help search but it was closer to midnight and Chief Crumb denies asking him to go search.

Has he been cooperating with law enforcement all along, or only allowed himself to be questioned in the beginning?

Has he been cooperating with law enforcement all along, or only allowed himself to be questioned in the beginning?

I'm not sure. I'm not even sure when they started questioning him. He might have been questioned early on but they didn't do much more because he had an alibi for that night. It was probably after they received information from others that they started blowing holes in his alibi and they started questioning him again. But that is just my opinion of what happened and I shouldn't be quoted on it.

It sounds suspicious, to be sure. Hopefully he'll let us know exactly what happened if he's innocent. In the meantime, he's a named POI so if you guys want to discuss him here, go for it.

I believe it was conflicting stories about where he was that night.

You can read his story in this article
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/139031194.html
He originally told LE that he was at a class an hour away from McCleary that ended at 9pm. LE found out the class ended at 8:15pm.
He told them he didn't stop at Mikes, yet the video proves that wrong.
His story about the night Lindsey went missing (about Chief Crumb asking him to help and the fact that he says he helped search, went home went to bed and came back out at 1am to search again) is mostly untrue. He did help search but it was closer to midnight and Chief Crumb denies asking him to go search.

Thank you. I found the answer to my question in that article. It said that his jewelry store is on the route that Lindsey would have walked home. So he came to their attention initially just like eery other person who lives/works on that route. But something caught LE's attention and he was given two polygraphs, and failed the first one apparently. The second was inconclusive.

Interesting that the video is time stamped just a few minutes AFTER LB was last seen. So speculation is that she would still be in his van outside at the time the video was shot. And people in the comment section said he seemed nervous and was looking out to his van a few times.

Also, in the comment section, somebody posted several court orders about some kind of lawsuits involving him. A dozen altogether. Anyone know what that is all about?

I wonder why Tim Hartman was in court for all these cases:

Hartman, Timothy
Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #1 96-1-0480 07-08-1996

Hartman, Tim
Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #1 Y2-1-D814 06-14-2002

Hartman, Timothy Wayne
Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #2 Y6-2-D387 03-21-2006

Hartman, Timothy Wayne
Defendant Grays Harbor Dist #2 IN0073620 11-30-2007

These are cases only in Grays Harbor county....he has 3 more in Snohomish county, 4 in Yakima county.

Thank you. I found the answer to my question in that article. It said that his jewelry store is on the route that Lindsey would have walked home. So he came to their attention initially just like eery other person who lives/works on that route. But something caught LE's attention and he was given two polygraphs, and failed the first one apparently. The second was inconclusive.

Interesting that the video is time stamped just a few minutes AFTER LB was last seen. So speculation is that she would still be in his van outside at the time the video was shot. And people in the comment section said he seemed nervous and was looking out to his van a few times.

Also, in the comment section, somebody posted several court orders about some kind of lawsuits involving him. A dozen altogether. Anyone know what that is all about?

Hartman, Timothy

Hartman, Tim

Hartman, Timothy Wayne

Hartman, Timothy Wayne

These are cases only in Grays Harbor county....he has 3 more in Snohomish county, 4 in Yakima county.

I was just about to ask if he'd been arrested before. :tyou:

It is so sad that it has taken this long to focus on a POI. Where is she? :rose:

Let's get a dedicated thread going here. I'm going to move the posts from the general discussion over.

Prayers for Lindsey and that she is home soon.

Salem

Besides being the owner of Hartman Jewelry, what does Tim Hartman do?

His T-shirt in the surveillance vid says 'fire', so is he an EMT, a paramedic, volunteer fireman?

vid10.jpg

Didn't one (or more) of our sleuths figure out how to get the call records? It would be good to chase down that ambulance call. Somewhere TH's says he volunteers for two counties. I'll see if I can find that link???

Salem

ETA:
The man tells KING 5 it is him on the video and admits he told police he wasn’t in McCleary. However, he said that he was working as volunteer firefighter in both Mason and Grays Harbor Counties and forgot he stopped at the store while driving between locations.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Video-offers-new-clues-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139030629.html

wow, I thought at first the two sisters were the POI's but it looks like LE wanted to talk to them about their interaction with Tim Hartman.

if he was nervous in the variety store, that could be attributed to his being on the way to a call - maybe he felt ashamed about stopping enroute to an emergency?

I've read that he was between calls & also that he was on his way home from one ... wonder which is accurate

I don't have much faith in polygraphs so I usually discount that info

what eats at me is his involvement in a search - on the surface, it's logical that a volunteer fireman who heard the news on his radio would go help search but I have the creeps about it - major creeps

we all know there are some personalities in the world who like to boost their ego by involving themselves in crisis, and sometimes creating that crisis ...

I really hope this isn't an innocent man being blasted all over the internet & media

when did LE talk to him first? if I was asked months later, I'd probably forget about stopping at a store too

I'm conflicted about this POI

When LE executed search warrants on TH's home and business a few months ago, they said it would "either sharpen their focus on the man or rule him out."

Well, it certainly doesn't sound like they've eliminated him, now does it?

wow, I thought at first the two sisters were the POI's but it looks like LE wanted to talk to them about their interaction with Tim Hartman.

if he was nervous in the variety store, that could be attributed to his being on the way to a call - maybe he felt ashamed about stopping enroute to an emergency?

I've read that he was between calls & also that he was on his way home from one ... wonder which is accurate

what eats at me is his involvement in a search - on the surface, it's logical that a volunteer fireman who heard the news on his radio would go help search but I have the creeps about it - major creeps

we all know there are some personalities in the world who like to boost their ego by involving themselves in crisis, and sometimes creating that crisis ...

I really hope this isn't an innocent man being blasted all over the internet & media

when did LE talk to him first? if I was asked months later, I'd probably forget about stopping at a store too

From the article linked upstream,it appears that he was interviewed very quickly, not just months later. He was initially interviewed because they spoke to EVERYONE that was working/living along Lindsey's route home. At that time he told LE that he was NOT even in town at the time she went missing.

It was not until months later that they figured out that was not true. So his lie was not from it being a long time later. He told LE that lie right at the start I believe.

we all know there are some personalities in the world who like to boost their ego
by involving themselves in crisis, and sometimes creating that crisis ...

The fact that he went to the home and took the mother around for the 'search' creeps me out. Shades of the tragic Jorelys case, imo.

And the fire captain said he has no memory of asking Tim to go and search that night. SoI think he might have just wanted to see upfront and personal the agony he caused. :furious:

Hartman, Timothy

Hartman, Tim

Hartman, Timothy Wayne

Hartman, Timothy Wayne

I may have duplicated some of what you have above..anyone know how we find out what these cases were about?

1 Hartman, Tim

2 Hartman, Tim W
Defendant Yakima County Dist B00047263 07-07-1989

3 Hartman, Tim W
Defendant Yakima County Dist 5146630 06-07-1988

4 Hartman, Tim W
Defendant Yakima County Dist 61488 03-16-2009

5 Hartman, Tim Wayne
Defendant Yakima Superior 78-1-00077-6 02-03-1978

6 Hartman, Timothy
3rd Party Defendant Yakima Superior 81-2-00277-2 02-11-1981