FBI - Serial Killers Among Us: There is No Set Profile

I have been wondering about this for awhile but never new where to bring it up or to get anyone's oppinion..So I'll ask here What do you think the chances are that on any given day there is a Actual Serial Killer on this website Obviously one that hasn't been caught yet or even a Killer but a killer from one of the cases we profile on WebSleuths. I have no dought both a SK AND A I DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT TERM A REGULAR KILLER OR A ONE TIMER lol troll sites like this one and others most likely as a unknowen guest But I mean One that has sighned up and actually contributes to conversations .Does anyone know of any stories about this happening maybe it was how the killer got caught or something .Otherwise I dought thier gonna out themselves But what does anyone think Im curious do any of you think that we prolly chat with a SK on here with out knowing ?

Im really curious about what people think. Me personaly My mind goes to TV Shows & Movies about Serial Killers or A Killer and you see that one part where HE/SHE will be watching the late breaking news on the murder or the recently found remains and the Perp of the crime will be watching as it all unfolds. But In my mind at least that's probally as far as I see them taking it . So I guess for me I don't think any of the SK's out there OR the 1Time Killer is ever on here and actualy talking in the forums..But Like I said in my earlier post I do however think they come on as guests and read over all the conversations about what they did. There is a little part of me that thinks at one time or another a SK has came on and talked only for the fact that they are in need for that rush or the getting off on reliving it and yet remain annonamous Kinda like what BTK kept on doing untill he basically walked himself through the front doors of the police station ..Anyway still would love to hear SOME MORE OPPINNIONS ..

CanMan, I'm not aware of any SK's who posted here, but it wouldn't surprise me. Reading here? I'd be surprised if that has NOT happened.

Well ya I didn't really think they would out them selves lol that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do if you were a active seriel killer it would most likely put a hault to your career for the time being anyway HaHa..But I do think your right I think there has been some on here before just to do some scoping out on one or many of the crimes he's been involved in..

Im really curious about what people think. Me personaly My mind goes to TV Shows & Movies about Serial Killers or A Killer and you see that one part where HE/SHE will be watching the late breaking news on the murder or the recently found remains and the Perp of the crime will be watching as it all unfolds. But In my mind at least that's probally as far as I see them taking it . So I guess for me I don't think any of the SK's out there OR the 1Time Killer is ever on here and actualy talking in the forums..But Like I said in my earlier post I do however think they come on as guests and read over all the conversations about what they did. There is a little part of me that thinks at one time or another a SK has came on and talked only for the fact that they are in need for that rush or the getting off on reliving it and yet remain annonamous Kinda like what BTK kept on doing untill he basically walked himself through the front doors of the police station ..Anyway still would love to hear SOME MORE OPPINNIONS ..

You would not believe the nights, I have left these threads, wondering how many SK are posting here. You just never know. I was always afraid to voice that though. Thanks CanMan, for living inside my head. :floorlaugh:

This thread is fascinating!! I wish more would post here. I especially enjoyed Russel's posts.

Iceman seems to really want to know, what makes him do the things he does. It's like he's needing answers. Does anyone else get this feeling???

My Brother The Serial Killer (2013 Serial Killer Documentary)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJtVD63FHU"]My Brother The Serial Killer (2013 Serial Killer Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

Russ, let's bring this thread back to life.

Well ya I didn't really think they would out them selves lol that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do if you were a active seriel killer it would most likely put a hault to your career for the time being anyway HaHa..But I do think your right I think there has been some on here before just to do some scoping out on one or many of the crimes he's been involved in..

I will never be 100% certain, but IMO I absolutely believe Austin Sigg was a member and posted in his own thread. I even reported some suspicious things to the authorities and after Sigg was arrested certain member(s) never posted or logged into the forums, from what I could see, again. I believe it's much more common to have POI/Suspects and actual killers on here reading and posting on their own crimes than we care to admit to ourselves. Maybe I'm just suspicious in general but maybe it's also because I've fought off the violent person trapped in my head all of my life and I sense things that may not stick out to other people. I've always known that if it weren't for my humility and compassion I may have ended up one of the people we sleuth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will never be 100% certain, but IMO I absolutely believe Austin Sigg was a member and posted in his own thread. I even reported some suspicious things to the authorities and after Sigg was arrested certain member(s) never posted or logged into the forums, from what I could see, again. I believe it's much more common to have POI/Suspects and actual killers on here reading and posting on their own crimes than we care to admit to ourselves. Maybe I'm just suspicious in general but maybe it's also because I've fought off the violent person trapped in my head all of my life and I sense things that may not stick out to other people. I've always known that if it weren't for my humility and compassion I may have ended up one of the people we sleuth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gonna google that thread.....thanks.

Just ran across this very interesting thread. Imo, the 1% statistic by the FBI is a guestament at best. Some are never identified, nor are their crimes detectected as serial killings until years or decades later for many reasons. Seems almost weekly victims of SKs are located from the 1970s & 80s. Two examples are the speed freak killers & gary ridgeway; green river.
One only has to consider the FBI's Highway Serial Killer Initiative which was began in 2009. Within 2 years hundreds of victims were tied to SK Long Haul Truckers in a database. See Map: Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years. FBI ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects. (Keep in mind that this map hasn't been updated in five years)

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609
04/06/09 - Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend

CanManEh, have you read the WS discussion thread of AK serial killer Israel Keyes? Although there are many WS threads related to IK and his victims. Here is one: AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Page 48 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

IK admitted to lerking on crime forums and posting comments a couple of times on msm articles of his crimes.

Israel Keyes Case line60.jpg

Israel Keyes is believed to have committed multiple kidnappings and murders across the country between 2001 and March 2012. The FBI is seeking assistance in developing more information about his travels to identify additional victims.
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/august/new-information-released-in-serial-killer-case
'I've been diligently researching SKs/sexual predators for 6+ years'. Besides the pre-adolescent traits/signs; such as torturing animals, arson, bed wetting etc. The one common denominator that crops up again & again is the age that most serial killers cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality which is age 14 or 15 years old..

One of the best articles that I've read concerning SKs/predators;

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html
Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take
By Lieutenant Nelson Andreu (Retired)
Miami Police Department
Submitted May, 2005

Contents

Credentials and Interest
Common Knowledge
Genesis of a Serial Killer
Victim Selection
Victim Objectification
Denouement
Case Histories

4. Victim Selection <Sniped & BBM -read more>

Unexpectedly, I have observed that most serial killers never actually find and kill their "dream victim."
Ignoring for a moment the disparity between deviant human and normal feline behavior, a serial killer can be compared to a hungry lion that lies in wait for his favorite meal. It may be the lion knows an impala has the most tender or tasty meat. He waits for an opportunity to kill and eat the impala and in doing so may allow easy but not-so-attractive prey to pass unmolested. In time, hunger pains growing and no impala in sight, the famished lion will settle for an unwary bird that happens by. After devouring the bird, which gives his hunger a brief respite, the lion again has time to savor the taste of an impala, and the cycle begins again.

Like the lion, a serial killer just will not defer acting out his urge to kill simply because his "ideal" victim refuses to materialize at his beck and call. But his reason for settling for something less divulges from that of the lion. There are two basic, interrelated reasons for this disparity. The first centers on the extra caution exercised by a serial killer in his search for a victim; the second, upon the nature of the compulsion that drives him to violence.

As the WS member who lived closest to where poor Jessica was found, I just want to make it clear that I am still on the forum. :seeya:

I have been wondering about this for awhile but never new where to bring it up or to get anyone's oppinion..So I'll ask here What do you think the chances are that on any given day there is a Actual Serial Killer on this website Obviously one that hasn't been caught yet or even a Killer but a killer from one of the cases we profile on WebSleuths. I have no dought both a SK AND A I DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT TERM A REGULAR KILLER OR A ONE TIMER lol troll sites like this one and others most likely as a unknowen guest But I mean One that has sighned up and actually contributes to conversations .Does anyone know of any stories about this happening maybe it was how the killer got caught or something .Otherwise I dought thier gonna out themselves But what does anyone think Im curious do any of you think that we prolly chat with a SK on here with out knowing ?

Luka Magnotta toyed with his sleuths... He baited them and was actually arrested viewing himself in an internet cafe. He's not serial but definitely enjoyed seeing the hunt for himself.

I would take anything Kuklinkski says with a bushel of salt. I base this on one blatantly obvious lie of his. He supposedly dumped victims into a cave full of ravenous rats in Pennsylvania. Well, I grew up playing in the middle Atlantic woods. I found darn few caves, and they were more like shallow dents into rock. I certainly found no nests of house rats--nor any house rats at all. Consider this. What did the rats eat in Kuklinski's mythical cave between victims? And what were house rats, dependent upon men's leavings, doing in the middle of the unpopulated woods?

In the 70s, the Atlanta Child Killer got away with multiple murders because of this foolish and stupid notion that all serial killers are white. No, but all serial killers are men. Almost all. There's a tiny few females who do it, but that's so are as to not be relevant. Refusing to accept a woman could do this is dumb. The investigator must accept all possibilties.

Eileen Wournos was a killer and nobody should be apologizing for her crimes the way the poster above does. The motivations are irrelevant. Although it is rare, not only can woman kill they can serial kill. And in horrendous historic cases, they can reek hell on the world, as with the case of Countess Bathory, a woman who murdered hundreds of peasant girls.

So let's get off that supercilious, defense attorney, mealy-mouthed lying thing that women don't kill. We're done with those lies.

Here is what I find a pretty interesting video about Serial Killers and their possible decline. Is the Golden State Killer mentioned in this video the last of the killers of the 1970s and 1980s a throw back as such. The video makes some interesting points about DNA technology and CCTV etc. I think there will always be Serial Killers of course but hopefully they get caught quicker. I think the US had a high number of Serial Killers for a number of reasons one being a highly mobile country large in area with access to firearms. There are Serial Killers throughout the world though and in some countries they may be arrested for one murder and who knows how many others they committed:

Here is what I find a pretty interesting video about Serial Killers and their possible decline. Is the Golden State Killer mentioned in this video the last of the killers of the 1970s and 1980s a throw back as such. The video makes some interesting points about DNA technology and CCTV etc. I think there will always be Serial Killers of course but hopefully they get caught quicker. I think the US had a high number of Serial Killers for a number of reasons one being a highly mobile country large in area with access to firearms. There are Serial Killers throughout the world though and in some countries they may be arrested for one murder and who knows how many others they committed:

Also many Serial Killers are prevented if they are caught quicker.

Shame and the Serial Killer

Sep 06, 2019

"...It’s no excuse for murder, but for some people, humiliation runs deep—depriving them of self-esteem, a sense of control, and feelings of accomplishment. They don’t get past it. Instead, the humiliation festers, feeding their view of a hostile world that hinders them and justifies payback....

Hale (1994) discussed the role of humiliation in serial murder. Victims are symbolic, he states. They trigger embarrassing internalized memories about being taunted, threatened or abused that continue to enrage the killer. He strikes out in an attempt to decrease the impact—but since the victim is not the offending person, there is no resolution, so the murders continue. The killer does not make the association between his past and what he’s currently doing. He’s just trying to feel empowered within a familiar context.

Serial killers, Hale adds, do not progress through normal stages of development, in which one learns to distinguish between what's controllable and what's not. They remain frustrated. Some develop an exaggerated sense of what they must control and feel shame when they fail. When they use mastery as the basis for their self-esteem, they set themselves up for pervasive feelings of inadequacy. They might mature in other areas—an ability to get a job and support a family, for example—but not in the social-sexual area...."

Shame and the Serial Killer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back