Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she TRIED to behave appropriately but she missed the mark for me. I saw her attempting to stiffle smiles, trying to look serious. But I also saw that underneath that blazer that didn't quite fit, she was bored and angry at be made to come to court, and I also saw sadness, for herself. The one moment when she couldn't control herself was the pen drama with JB, that was the real KC to me.

What fancinated me more was the body language of the pro. atty JD. I love her. I was watching her and she had her chair back to KC many times. I thought this cannot be without thought, this has to be a tactic. To make KC feel......IDK, maybe to make her feel like she can't even stand to look at her because of what she did. That was my impression anyway. Did anyone else catch that?

Well, that would explain why she was dressed so frumpy then. :crazy:

Honestly though, the blazer was ill fitting-- it was a bit too small, plus she wasn't wearing a proper bra underneath. She appeared to be miserable, probably because she realized how horrid she looked. Ruined her whole day.
I think you're right to some extent... however... having to appear in court in her "jailhouse blues" would have been altogether worse!! You see, in that outfit it crushes her "image" of what she sees of herself, because she "stands out" and "is different" than everyone else (in the courtroom, on TV and most of all with JB). The jailhouse outfit makes her "different" and doesn't coincide with her "image." It makes her "less than" what her image is of herself in her mind. And she cannot take that. She has to be equal to or ABOVE others.

I think she felt a little better today... at least her image was somewhat "restored" (in her mind - that is).

I think Mr. Baez may need a jury consultant though and someone to help with her image.

Personally, I think Mr. Baez needs to tell his client to stop flirting with him during testimony regarding her child's remains. It's inappropriate, not to mention very damning.

Personally, I think Mr. Baez needs to tell his client to stop flirting with him during testimony regarding her child's remains. It's inappropriate, not to mention very damning.

My observations are certainly not 'clinical', but I know one thing for an absolute certainty: If the remains of my small daughter had been found in a swamp and my father was hospitalized for mental illness/stress, not a single smile could possibly grace my face for ANY reason........... Casey had no problem flashing her pretty smile, and I saw it as diabolical.

I suppose there are always certain individuals and groups of individuals who get so drawn into something like this that they sort of go off the reservation, but what amazes me most is that we are aware of such more heinous crimes than this appears to be ... yet there is this strange need in people to absolutely go down with this one case.

Casey's appearance and body language are what they are and no matter what they are - ridicule and judgement will be abundant. Unceasing. Some have so interjected into this whole thing that it is dangerous on many levels.
(Bolded by me).

You know why I think that is? I'll probably get skewered here, but it's just my feeling. I think that some of the other cases are too horrific to talk or think about much. Like Baby Grace. What that kid went through was so horrible it is hard for me to follow the case. This case is safer to talk about and get involved in because although it is horrible, we do not have to hear gruesome details of a child suffering endlessly. We imagine, but I get the sense that many here feel Caylee died a "soft" death, if any murder can be deemed that. In other words, she was not beaten to death, tortured to death, or died as a result of sustained, brutal physcial or sexual child abuse.
I follow many crime cases on WS and elsewhere. One case, the dungeon incest story out of Austria, was so horrifying to me that I almost panicked. I just could not fathom the intensity, the length of the suffering of those held and tortured by fritzl. That case was one that gave me such a sick, sick feeling that I had to stay away from it.
Obviously, this case is horrifc as well and there have been many times that suddenly, my clinical approach to this case has been punctured by the realization that little Caylee was a darling, living, breathing baby and that nothing anyone can do anything to bring her back. I think of the utter waste of such a life and that is hard. It baffles me, it fills me with sorrow. Nevertheless, I can read about this case more easily than more brutal ones. Does that make sense a little?
I also think that there is a circle created that makes this case very interesting to many people and that makes people out for blood: casey's reactions and attitudes, her apathy, apparent arrogance and utter contempt for life and love, family and the vulnerability of children - all of that inspires revulsion and fascination by the public and the media. So, the media covers it intensively. Then, the media coverage itself inspires fascination and revulsion. So it goes.
What is hard to understand for many is that here was a fairly attractive, middle class girl living in one of the nicest places to live in the U.S., with tons of friends, a family that supported her financially and otherwise, lots of opportunity and a precious, adorable child. And, she destroyed all of that for what seems to be no reason at all.
Contrast that with the story of Baby Grace's mother who was still in high school when she got pregnant, was unattractive and nerdy, did not have many friends, seemed to have been abandoned by her own family, was of lower income status, and who then went on to do what so many women in such a situation do - find a man, any man and then out of desparation to keep him, allow him to harm your child (and participate as well).
We have seen that story played out over and over. Although disgusting and barbaric, it is not surprising. For many, the story of casey and Caylee is very surprising. casey really had it all. Few of the risk factors for infanticide that are generally known were present and even those that were present seemed to be mitigated greatly by other things present in casey's life (at least until you dig a bit deeper). Anyhow, that causes the case to be a bit more mysterious and incomprehensible to people and hence, to engender more rage at the actions of a person whose life was charmed in comparison to many others'.
That's my take on why so many people get so outraged by this case while other cases are somewhat ignored, even when much more horrific.
But, in the end, every murder of a child and very case of child abuse should be viewed as equally intolerable to society.

Ok I found you.

Ok Question - Are you a spy ! ? ;) (eta that is a joke)

In regards to Casey I never thought her hair was a fake - You can see clearly that its in a ponytail but given the shortness of her hair its curled itself under
I would be surprised if she was allowed pins ?
She could stab someone in the eye or undo her shackles :eek: :p

Here are some pics

This one shows the *bun* which is not a bun

picture.php

This one shows her hair which I think either A) looks like its greasy on top ? or B) a tonne of hairspray

There is another photo of her smiling where it looks even more greasy or Lacquered. (not sure why she did that)

picture.php

And this shows the nervousness/anxiousness HAnd movements

picture.php

She looks like she is trying to be brave and strong but is not

Jane, in the last picture, where she is touching her palm. My wild guess at what she was doing was she had sweaty palms. Kind of drying them off without wiping them on her pants legs. That was just my wild guess.

Jane, in the last picture, where she is touching her palm. My wild guess at what she was doing was she had sweaty palms. Kind of drying them off without wiping them on her pants legs. That was just my wild guess.

Hey Kat what she is doing is Rubbing her hands together and that is just a photo snap. If you look at the vid you will see her doing it
this is also what the Body Language expert pertained to saying that her constant rubbing of her hands together showed anxiety.

Hey Kat what she is doing is Rubbing her hands together and that is just a photo snap. If you look at the vid you will see her doing it
this is also what the Body Language expert pertained to saying that her constant rubbing of her hands together showed anxiety.

Anxiety makes sense to me Jane. I appreciate you sharing that with me :)

Looking at these pictures it is clear to me that Casey is an empty vessel. She has no one to feed off of. There is nothing to gain from going to these hearings. She might as well stay in her "room" and listen to her little radio, doodle on her sketch pad or read. Certainly it would be less stressful than trying to figure out how to hide her indifference.

I thought that KC looked horrible. She looked much better in the last courtroom appearance even though she was dressed in her prison blues. She is listening to someone who is advising her how to dress, how to wear her hair and how to act when I'm sure her own instincts are better. I'm sure the jacket came from home which would explain the fit (she has put on weight) and was purchased for a "very important business meeting" when she had her very important job at Universal.

My observations are certainly not 'clinical', but I know one thing for an absolute certainty: If the remains of my small daughter had been found in a swamp and my father was hospitalized for mental illness/stress, not a single smile could possibly grace my face for ANY reason........... Casey had no problem flashing her pretty smile, and I saw it as diabolical.
I agree with you 100%....Personally I don't think that Mr. Baez needs to encourage this behavior either (as he is doing).

Personally, I think Casey's personality is so disordered she is incapable of expressing any real or true emotion whether she is smiling or crying. She doesn't feel her feelings because at her core she has no identity.

Look, I know its way incorrect here to admit that you think she's "hot", and I never have. In fact, shes not so "hot" nowadays. she looked unattractive all dressed up, librarian-like, at her latest appearance,

but she was damn "hot" when she was being herself, back in the good ole days when she was the only one who knew her daughter was dead, when she was freed from that "snotty nosed" shackle, when she was dirty dancing with other young libertines all night long.

until you understood what she was, a daughter-murdering psychopath. then her appeal was overwhelmed by her actions.

but visually, she WAS hot. However, the men who felt it weren't likely to be admitting it in this forum, considering everything.

I will say, she is not so "hot" anymore. the thing is, I'll bet this is the first time in her adult life she's tried to obscure her "hotness". shes doing a pretty good job.

imo.

I'm astonished anyone ever thought she was hot. Aside from her extremely unattractive personality, I don't think she's physically attractive. She has a long, horsey face, chiclet teeth and not so great skin with a lot of sun damage spots for someone so young. I am not saying this to bash her, I just puzzled that anyone sees her as hot.

Her eyes are pretty when she wears a lot of makeup but not when she's wearing no makeup.

I haven't read this whole thread, but it seems to me there is a lot of LIBRARIAN BASHING going on! :)

I am one, and I'd never wear that grey suit jacket!

Not sayin that librarians are great dressers--but we tend more to quilted vests, denim skirts, and above all, SENSIBLE SHOES. Throw on chandelier earrings, a goofy pin (usually a book), glasses on a lanyard, and you are ready to go!

Not a great look for Casey, either.

:) :) :) :blowkiss:

Gardenheart I think *hot* for men and *hot* for women is different and of course from man to man also..I know my husband wouldn't find her hot

But She is attractive. I wouldn't say Pretty because that conjures demure.
But she is attractive in my opinion, She has lovely eyes and nice teeth ! What are chicklet teeth ?

Rebound - teehee too funny....

I don't think she looked like a librarian if thats any consolation. I just think she looked like a girl that is being *toned down* who had a ill fitting jacket and pants on an her hair swept up to make her seem more business like
I agree with the poster who said they should have gone for the pretty cardi, let her hair hang softly and make her image softer

this image is way too soft and way too old.

But you know what my guess is ?

Baez is trying out *looks* to see which gets the most favourable from the media and public for when they go to trial.

Guarantee you that the next hearing she will not look like she did at this one

I thought that KC looked horrible. She looked much better in the last courtroom appearance even though she was dressed in her prison blues. She is listening to someone who is advising her how to dress, how to wear her hair and how to act when I'm sure her own instincts are better. I'm sure the jacket came from home which would explain the fit (she has put on weight) and was purchased for a "very important business meeting" when she had her very important job at Universal.

Yes, I agree with you. She DID look horrible. She is a nice looking young woman. Why would they not capitalize on this?

I would think by now that someone would be advising her as to her appearance as this is a huge media event. They screwed up with her when she was on house arrest. You would think they would have had a better plan by now. She should look like a decent, respectful 22 yr. old. Her own mother, I would think could advise her on this. How hard can this be? Don't look like a *advertiser censored*...don't look like a librarian...find a happy medium!!!

(Bolded by me).

You know why I think that is? I'll probably get skewered here, but it's just my feeling. I think that some of the other cases are too horrific to talk or think about much. Like Baby Grace. What that kid went through was so horrible it is hard for me to follow the case. This case is safer to talk about and get involved in because although it is horrible, we do not have to hear gruesome details of a child suffering endlessly. We imagine, but I get the sense that many here feel Caylee died a "soft" death, if any murder can be deemed that. In other words, she was not beaten to death, tortured to death, or died as a result of sustained, brutal physcial or sexual child abuse.
I follow many crime cases on WS and elsewhere. One case, the dungeon incest story out of Austria, was so horrifying to me that I almost panicked. I just could not fathom the intensity, the length of the suffering of those held and tortured by fritzl. That case was one that gave me such a sick, sick feeling that I had to stay away from it.
Obviously, this case is horrifc as well and there have been many times that suddenly, my clinical approach to this case has been punctured by the realization that little Caylee was a darling, living, breathing baby and that nothing anyone can do anything to bring her back. I think of the utter waste of such a life and that is hard. It baffles me, it fills me with sorrow. Nevertheless, I can read about this case more easily than more brutal ones. Does that make sense a little?
I also think that there is a circle created that makes this case very interesting to many people and that makes people out for blood: casey's reactions and attitudes, her apathy, apparent arrogance and utter contempt for life and love, family and the vulnerability of children - all of that inspires revulsion and fascination by the public and the media. So, the media covers it intensively. Then, the media coverage itself inspires fascination and revulsion. So it goes.
What is hard to understand for many is that here was a fairly attractive, middle class girl living in one of the nicest places to live in the U.S., with tons of friends, a family that supported her financially and otherwise, lots of opportunity and a precious, adorable child. And, she destroyed all of that for what seems to be no reason at all.
Contrast that with the story of Baby Grace's mother who was still in high school when she got pregnant, was unattractive and nerdy, did not have many friends, seemed to have been abandoned by her own family, was of lower income status, and who then went on to do what so many women in such a situation do - find a man, any man and then out of desparation to keep him, allow him to harm your child (and participate as well).
We have seen that story played out over and over. Although disgusting and barbaric, it is not surprising. For many, the story of casey and Caylee is very surprising. casey really had it all. Few of the risk factors for infanticide that are generally known were present and even those that were present seemed to be mitigated greatly by other things present in casey's life (at least until you dig a bit deeper). Anyhow, that causes the case to be a bit more mysterious and incomprehensible to people and hence, to engender more rage at the actions of a person whose life was charmed in comparison to many others'.
That's my take on why so many people get so outraged by this case while other cases are somewhat ignored, even when much more horrific.
But, in the end, every murder of a child and very case of child abuse should be viewed as equally intolerable to society.
Wow, just wow. Great post, gitana1!:blowkiss:

Re: Casey's pinstriped jacket - is it the mate to the grey pinstriped pants that George said Casey wore on June 16th & that Cindy washed because they smelled like decomposition?

I think yes, I doubt if Casey owns more than 1 grey pinstriped suit. And it's probably one of only a few conservative things that Casey has & Cindy didn't have much choice in what to send for the court hearing.

I wonder what Casey thought when she saw the jacket, if anything... did it give her a jolt & remind her of the pants she wore when she "disposed" of Caylee? Was it a happy reminder that she doesn't have to deal with Caylee anymore? Did she wonder if anyone noticed it matched the pants, or did she laugh to herself that we're all so stupid we'd never put the two together? It gave me the creeps when I saw the pinstripes on the jacket... I immediately thought of the pants & what she did while wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77