CO CO - John Cizek, 71, Alamosa, 12 June 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police search for missing man who came to Colorado to pan for gold
john-cizek.jpg

John C. Cizek was last seen on June 12 at the McDonald’s in Alamosa, Colorado. He was traveling in a 2016 Minnie Winnie Winnebago, after telling friends he was headed to Colorado to pan for gold above 10,000 feet.
Investigators are also interested in the movements of David Little, who is alleged to have fired shots at police in Edgewater as they were trying to arrest him on an outstanding warrant for sexual assault of a child.
http://kdvr.com/2016/06/30/police-search-for-missing-man-who-came-to-colorado-to-pan-for-gold/

Do I understand this correctly? John is missing and his RV was found in the possession of child molester, David Little?

http://jeffco.us/district-attorney/...or-help-in-search-for-71-year-old-john-cizek/

"Mr. Cizek was seen leaving the McDonalds, at 100 Craft Drive at 12:30 p.m. At 10:30 p.m. on June 12, Mr. Cizek’s RV was seen at a gas station in Hooper, Colorado, about 30 miles north of Alamosa on Hwy. 285. "

So I'm confused. They arrested Little but they're currently interested in his movements? Does that mean he's out or does that mean they would like info on where he was during the time John went missing?

EDGEWATER, Colo. -- A man accused of sexually assaulting a girl was shot by Golden police near West 22nd Avenue and Jay Street on Tuesday [June 21], the Edgewater Police Department said.

Police said 40-year-old David E. Little sexually attacked the girl a few months ago in Golden and she was placed in a safe house in Edgewater.

Somehow, police said, the man tracked the girl down and he was spotted in the area Monday night. The girl notified police, who then followed the man Tuesday morning.

When he reappeared near the safe house, Little rammed the police cars several times and attempted to flee.
http://kdvr.com/2016/06/21/large-police-presence-in-edgewater-after-police-shoot-suspect/

Video at the link shows that Little was driving a White Jeep (Cherokee?) at the time of the shooting and arrest in Edgewater.

Was the white Jeep in Alamosa with Little on June 12? If so, how did he get it back to the Golden area? Tow bar behind the RV?

Who are Little's acquaintances in Alamosa?

Presumably law enforcement knows who they are and have questioned them. Seems to me that they might have information that could shed some light as to Little's presence in Alamosa and possibly some specifics as to his departure.

Does the Jeep even belong to Little? If not, who does it belong to?

http://jeffco.us/district-attorney/...or-help-in-search-for-71-year-old-john-cizek/

"Mr. Cizek was seen leaving the McDonalds, at 100 Craft Drive at 12:30 p.m. At 10:30 p.m. on June 12, Mr. Cizek’s RV was seen at a gas station in Hooper, Colorado, about 30 miles north of Alamosa on Hwy. 285. "

Hmm.

Hooper is on Hwy 17, not 285. 285 and 17 both run north out of Alamosa. They run parallel about 15 miles apart until 17 joins in with 285 about 30 miles north of Hooper.

If one is headed north out of Alamosa towards Golden and the Denver area, 17 is the shorter and quicker route out of Alamosa.

Hooper is a very small spot in the road. I think I have ventured through the town streets to take some photos, but I normally stop just north of Hooper in Moffat for a latte.

The McDonalds where Cizek was last seen is on Craft and 285 on the western edge of town towards Monte Vista. It's possible that Cizek intended on traveling west/north on 285.

Also possible that either at the McDonald's or somewhere along Cizek's route he encountered Little.

10 hours between the last time Cizek was seen and when the RV was spotted in Hooper (or on 285 in that general vicinity.) Possible that the RV may have traveled from the McDonald's up 285 and then crossed over on 112 to Hooper on 17.

I'm guessing this is among the information LE is looking for as to Little's movements.

A lot can happen in a ten-hour period.

I don't imagine that Little would have driven the RV out of Hooper at 10:30 pm intending to drive straight through the night to Golden. Possible he stopped somewhere for the night.

It's a 190 mile trip from Hooper to Golden up 285/17. When you leave the San Luis Valley, travel time gets much slower.

A speed freak might drive straight through, though.

• john_charles_cizek_1.jpg
  • john_charles_cizek_2.jpg
  • john_charles_cizek_5.jpg
  • john_charles_cizek_6.jpg
Cizek, circa 2016; David Little; Cizek's 2016 Minnie Winnie Winnebago RV
  • Missing Since 06/12/2016
  • Missing From Alamosa, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/14/1944 (79)
  • Age 71 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'3, 200 - 220 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A long-sleeved gray or light green pullover shirt or jacket, a white t-shirt, dark-colored pants, gray or tan shoes and white socks.

• Associated Vehicle(s) White 2016 Minnie Winnie Winnebago RV (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes

Click the link for details on John's disappearance, but I thought this was worth highlighting:

<<Investigators matched the dirt on the shovel in the RV to soil typically found in southern Colorado and believe Cizek's body could be anywhere from Alamosa to the Denver metropolitan area, possibly somewhere along Highway 285.>>

Oct 8, 2016

June 30, 2016

Aug 23, 2017

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member