Found Safe CA - Bobby O'Leary, 22, Santa Clara, 11 April 2017

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
mercurynews.com:

Man goes missing in Santa Clara

---
Bobby O’Leary was last seen just before midnight Tuesday on the 5400 block of Great America Parkway. He ran from a security officer who contacted him, leaving behind his dog and vehicle, according to police.

O’Leary had no cash, cellphone or credit cards with him and has no known friends in the area. Police said O’Leary had been depressed lately, though he does not take prescribed medication.

O’Leary was described as white, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 220 pounds. His hair is brown and his eyes are blue. He was last seen wearing a blazer without a shirt and pants.
---
picture at the link

So, my husband works in Santa Clara and their police are known to be strict. Maybe he knew that and ran and was injured somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless he is having a psychiatric episode of some sort, men without pants generally means one thing....
I know that sounds judgy, but jus sayin'

My opinion and speculation only

All I can say is the Great America security guards are vicious. I mistakenly ended up in the employee parking lot last weefk. I pulled up to the "gate" and parked in red on the side with motor running. I walked toward the gate and was thoroughly chewed out - first for stopping in the red zone, then for approaching a security guard (to ask instructions out of there). I was literally chased to my car, and when I flipped a U and parked in the parking lot, another security guard came out waving his billy club or something that looked like it.

I drive a nice, new car and happened to be wearing a pants suit and am OLD. Didn't matter. I chalked it up to being ultra security conscious. It was hands down the rudest interaction I have ever had!

They have had alot of problems with people from Levi stadium parking there, so maybe that somewhat explains the Rambo behavior. Doesnt excuse it though.

Unless he is having a psychiatric episode of some sort, men without pants generally means one thing....
I know that sounds judgy, but jus sayin'

My opinion and speculation only

He was wearing pants, but no shirt

that's really weird. my step son just started working at Great America and I have driven into their employee lot several times and never even saw a security guard! were you maybe in the levi's stadium lot?

All I can say is the Great America security guards are vicious. I mistakenly ended up in the employee parking lot last weefk. I pulled up to the "gate" and parked in red on the side with motor running. I walked toward the gate and was thoroughly chewed out - first for stopping in the red zone, then for approaching a security guard (to ask instructions out of there). I was literally chased to my car, and when I flipped a U and parked in the parking lot, another security guard came out waving his billy club or something that looked like it.

I drive a nice, new car and happened to be wearing a pants suit and am OLD. Didn't matter. I chalked it up to being ultra security conscious. It was hands down the rudest interaction I have ever had!

His mother posted there was a sighting in Alviso County Park (5 miles from the parking lot) and that he was hurt but after police search with helicopter and infrared they found nothing.

Thats near the water, thats troublesome from all my time here at WS

that's really weird. my step son just started working at Great America and I have driven into their employee lot several times and never even saw a security guard! were you maybe in the levi's stadium lot?

Nope, it was definitely a Great America employee parking lot... unless the entrance sign was wrong and the security guards were putting me on when they identified themselves as Great America security wearing Great America vests.

When we attend events at Levi's, we park in its lot. I know the difference (-;
:thinking::thinking:

They have had alot of problems with people from Levi stadium parking there, so maybe that somewhat explains the Rambo behavior. Doesnt excuse it though.

FYI, nothing was going on at Levi's, so I highly doubt I was mistaken as an errant Levi's attendee looking to park in a lot not connected with Levi's.

Nope, it was definitely a Great America employee parking lot... unless the entrance sign was wrong and the security guards were putting me on when they identified themselves as Great America security wearing Great America vests.

When we attend events at Levi's, we park in its lot. I know the difference (-;
:thinking::thinking:

It was off mission college blvd and agnews?

Bobby's mom posted on the "Bring Bobby Home" FB yesterday afternoon:
"The private investigator has found an appropriate boat to search the shoreline of the salt flats. He plans on starting Friday at 10am" (BBM)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1952715818292829/permalink/1954426211455123/
Did some research on the area, but still not sure where she means by "salt flats." Sorry.

Based on some of the comments posted in reply to the above post, it appears that the search area was chosen based on a possible sighting. Someone posted a few photos of a particular spot, where she says she saw Bobby. The location appears to be right along a body of water ... :(. Apparently, it's on "Levy Trail."

Still hoping that Bobby turns up OK.

the salt flats are on the edge of the SF bay, which is not that far from his last sighting in santa clara. near alviso.

Bobby's mom posted on the "Bring Bobby Home" FB yesterday afternoon:
"The private investigator has found an appropriate boat to search the shoreline of the salt flats. He plans on starting Friday at 10am" (BBM)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1952715818292829/permalink/1954426211455123/
Did some research on the area, but still not sure where she means by "salt flats." Sorry.

Based on some of the comments posted in reply to the above post, it appears that the search area was chosen based on a possible sighting. Someone posted a few photos of a particular spot, where she says she saw Bobby. The location appears to be right along a body of water ... :(. Apparently, it's on "Levy Trail."

Still hoping that Bobby turns up OK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back