My father may be linked to the Texas killing fields.

I-10 and federal road (east houston)
I know exactly where that is. I have family in the area, and I stayed not far from that intersection the last time I was there.

A Jane Doe was found on Wallisville Rd in 1981 (I'll retrieve the link). That's all I have at the moment, but still looking for other possibly related incidents.

http://tinyurl.com/ogz8sp3

ETA: Links

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...5-In-Wooded-Area-Jan-81&p=5237012#post5237012

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-DISCUSSION-LIST-ONLY**&p=7331890#post7331890

http://canyouidentifyme.org/HarrisTexasJaneDoeJanuary1981

I just stumbled on something very interesting... I started researching the address that my father lived on in La Marque, Texas and found another man who was convicted of Sexual Assault many times dating from the 1980's with the most recent victim in 2007.... I went to galveston county and ran the name he used that address from the 80's and in 2007... so did my father... remember there were 3 men who attacked my mother... I may have just found 2 of the 3 men.... purely circumstantial... they shared the same address for years. They also shared a Texas City address....

Hi Walkingproof, I watched your video and just wanted to let you know that I admire your mission to find the truth and some form of justice for the crime committed against your mother and other possible/potential victims. It sounds like you've done a lot of thorough research and have been working very hard on this by yourself for a while now. I'm hoping that a good investigative journalist in your state takes an interest in your case at some point in the near future, because your search for some truth highlights a lot of problems with the statue of limitations on rape cases along with highlighting the challenges you are facing trying to get information on your own. A seasoned reporter may be able to gain access to information that's more difficult for you to access, and some in-depth coverage of your story would hopefully put some pressure on the authorities and institutions you've tried to share information with and get information from unsuccessfully in the past. Good luck to you, you are extremely brave.

Walkingproof, welcome! I admire your courage and strength.

Thanks for the fast response! My main objective is to find out, if his (my bio father's) DNA has been tested... the same month of my mothers attack, a woman was found dead. she was picked up from the same general (less then a mile from my mothers attack) in the same month and year she was taken to another county where she was raped and murdered. a 3rd woman, in the same area, same month has the same thing happen to her but she gets away... she describe her attacker as fair skin, blue eyes from Alabama... all 3 women looked alike and all 3 picked up within the same one mile stretch...
If I overlooked this information I apologize, but does he have multiple convictions? And what are his arrest and conviction dates? Month and year, or just year will do.

I believe you said in the video that he was arrested not long after your mother's attack, but was that the last time?

I agree with others. Your courage is amazing. Thanks again.

Hey everyone! I have been pretty busy, today. Just now reading your questions... I am estimating on the dates of his convection because I don't have the file in front of me... 1970, 1973, 1975 and 1978 and the last time was in 1997.. None of his charges stuck as "sex crimes" he always plea bargained for less.. The last one was theft by belie and no physical harm was caused to anyone in the last crime. The ones from the 70's all involved violence. There are other police reports where he was charged with rape but never made it to trial for one reason or another.

The rape in 1978 (were he was caught) happened in Freeport Texas, according to the original police report he raped a woman at Gun point in front of the husband. He also made the husband join. the report says he said "I art a kill you both" this crime he acted alone, unlike the crime against my mother were 3 men were involved...

If I overlooked this information I apologize, but does he have multiple convictions? And what are his arrest and conviction dates? Month and year, or just year will do.

I believe you said in the video that he was arrested not long after your mother's attack, but was that the last time?

I agree with others. Your courage is amazing. Thanks again.

Thanks! take a look at my most recent comment, I tried to answer the best I can remember with out actually looking at the file I have on him...

just a follow up vlog.. When I was asked the question of why I met my birth father in person if I thought he was my mothers rapist. See this follow up clip for an explanation. I am not the best writer (not the best speaker but I can make more since that way then written) Thanks all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Na-rk20Ec

just a follow up vlog.. When I was asked the question of why I met my birth father in person if I thought he was my mothers rapist. See this follow up clip for an explanation. I am not the best writer (not the best speaker but I can make more since that way then written) Thanks all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Na-rk20Ec

I think you do pretty darn good at both. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Hi Shannon. I think you've come to the right place in terms of support and varied knowledge. I was wondering if the person who gave you the DNA package as a gift had any knowledge of what happened to your birth mom and was trying to point you to the truth? The cousin you mentioned in your 2nd video was someone you only met through the process and not previously correct? That's a remarkable coincidence that this cousin also received a DNA package gift.

Hi Shannon. I think you've come to the right place in terms of support and varied knowledge. I was wondering if the person who gave you the DNA package as a gift had any knowledge of what happened to your birth mom and was trying to point you to the truth? The cousin you mentioned in your 2nd video was someone you only met through the process and not previously correct? That's a remarkable coincidence that this cousin also received a DNA package gift.
Actually. . No it was my spouses mother who is a huge genealogy guru. Really, none of had a clue... the cousin match was my father's nephew who just did it because no one knew the identity of their GGRANDPARENTS. His cousin asked him to test.... When I first tested, they only had two test available. At first we only knew that we were connected through our fathers (Y DNA) line.. A year or so latter the rolled out a family finder tested witch told us how close we were...

Walkingproof, thanks so much for your response. I hope you don't mind if I bother you with another question. Can you give us a timeline of his periods of incarceration. I realize you probably don't have exact dates, but an estimate would be helpful to narrow down the unsolved crimes which could be (possibly) connected to him.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone who has been in a state prison will have had their blood DNA taken prior to release. In fact, it is done no less than a 2 to 3 month period before release and sent to the state crime lab for (re)entry into Codis. There should be a 'hit' if the person the DNA is from was involved in a crime where the perpetrator's DNA was recovered.

At the time your Mother was raped, do you have any idea if a rape kit was done at a hospital? I realize you probably don't have this information though.

*Don't know if this helps.

Anyone who has been in a state prison will have had their blood DNA taken prior to release. In fact, it is done no less than a 2 to 3 month period before release and sent to the state crime lab for (re)entry into Codis. There should be a 'hit' if the person the DNA is from was involved in a crime where the perpetrator's DNA was recovered.

At the time your Mother was raped, do you have any idea if a rape kit was done at a hospital? I realize you probably don't have this information though.

*Don't know if this helps.
Yes a rape kit was done according to medical records. apparently it's lost along with 1000s of other kits. As for as everyone being tested two months before release, is not always the case. Depends on the crime and the date of convictions. They also have the same back log as the rape kits, from what ive been told. It is likely that he was tested but it's also possible that he slipped through the cracks because of the type of convictions he got and the date of the crimes.

Yes a rape kit was done according to medical records. apparently it's lost along with 1000s of other kits. As for as everyone being tested two months before release, is not always the case. Depends on the crime and the date of convictions. They also have the same back log as the rape kits, from what ive been told. It is likely that he was tested but it's also possible that he slipped through the cracks because of the type of convictions he got and the date of the crimes.
Side note- I think in Louisiana all felons have their DNA on file, in Texas its specific too types of crimes and dates...

Walkingproof, yours is an amazing story. When I read it, I immediately thought of four things, and moved from "lurking" on Websleuths to registering so I could talk with you.
First, here is an article written by a genetic biologist who made a surprising discovery when he used a direct-to-consumer DNA kit and clicked the box for "close relatives." A different wrinkle on your story, but included for your information/thought: http://www.vox.com/2014/9/9/5975653...i-gave-my-parents-the-gift-of-divorce-23andme
Second, have you considered optioning your story to an author or film company? It would make a very interesting documentary, and you seem able to describe your situation more than well enough to fit in nicely with an author/director. If you could get a decent deal to option the story, you'd have a little seed money to continue your research, advocacy and communication efforts. In addition, the intellectual muscle and contacts provided by an author or filmmaker could help open some doors that might otherwise be closed.
Third, part of what makes your story so compelling is that it takes place where "criminal" DNA testing and direct-to-consumer DNA testing meet up. In effect, you're wanting to cross-reference from two different databases with different purposes, in order to solve your crime. I suspect there are all sorts of ethical and legal ramifications, and you're right there in the middle of it with your very reasonable request to find out whether your birth father might be proven to be your mother's rapist and possibly involved in other crimes as well.
Fourth, if you decide to pursue the book/documentary option, think high-level and don't settle. Your third cousin's mom's stepson is not the person you need. Consider Martin Scorsese, Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, Ron Howard, Sebastian Yunger, Michael Moore. I am not sure how to get in touch with those folks or their agents but if you do get in touch with someone at that level I'm pretty sure they'd know a great story when they see it. I know some great independent filmmakers but I think you'd do best to find a big fish.
If you'd rather find a magazine or book author, long-term Websleuthians would probably know more about authors who could help you than I would. The only crime author I can think of offhand is Vincent Bugliosi.
I hope this suggestion does not hijack your thread; I know you are looking for information, not ideas that could make your life even more complicated, but wanted to share these thoughts. Good luck.

Walkingproof, yours is an amazing story. When I read it, I immediately thought of four things, and moved from "lurking" on Websleuths to registering so I could talk with you.
First, here is an article written by a genetic biologist who made a surprising discovery when he used a direct-to-consumer DNA kit and clicked the box for "close relatives." A different wrinkle on your story, but included for your information/thought: http://www.vox.com/2014/9/9/5975653...i-gave-my-parents-the-gift-of-divorce-23andme
Second, have you considered optioning your story to an author or film company? It would make a very interesting documentary, and you seem able to describe your situation more than well enough to fit in nicely with an author/director. If you could get a decent deal to option the story, you'd have a little seed money to continue your research, advocacy and communication efforts. In addition, the intellectual muscle and contacts provided by an author or filmmaker could help open some doors that might otherwise be closed.
Third, part of what makes your story so compelling is that it takes place where "criminal" DNA testing and direct-to-consumer DNA testing meet up. In effect, you're wanting to cross-reference from two different databases with different purposes, in order to solve your crime. I suspect there are all sorts of ethical and legal ramifications, and you're right there in the middle of it with your very reasonable request to find out whether your birth father might be proven to be your mother's rapist and possibly involved in other crimes as well.
Fourth, if you decide to pursue the book/documentary option, think high-level and don't settle. Your third cousin's mom's stepson is not the person you need. Consider Martin Scorsese, Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, Ron Howard, Sebastian Yunger, Michael Moore. I am not sure how to get in touch with those folks or their agents but if you do get in touch with someone at that level I'm pretty sure they'd know a great story when they see it. I know some great independent filmmakers but I think you'd do best to find a big fish.
If you'd rather find a magazine or book author, long-term Websleuthians would probably know more about authors who could help you than I would. The only crime author I can think of offhand is Vincent Bugliosi.
I hope this suggestion does not hijack your thread; I know you are looking for information, not ideas that could make your life even more complicated, but wanted to share these thoughts. Good luck.
I think that is a very good suggestion. Honestly I have thought about that, as a possible but only as future option. If it's as big as I believe it is, then it might solve one of America's most interesting cold case investigations. It's interesting enough that I solved my mother's rape case 30 plus years later. If it was an option in the present moment, the funding for more research would be a huge factor. For example one of the murder victims who we have strong circumstantial evidence has no DNA on file (it's missing/lost) the victims mother, family and friends have considered having her body exhumed. Obviously that's a huge cost that local counties are not willing to invest in. So funding has delayed that job. I would entertain the idea. Personal financial gain would be low on my priority list. Funds and efforts towards solving cold cases would definitely be a motivational factor. I think it might be premature? ? Then again this is my first rodeo. .. I appreciate your suggestions! Please share with anyone who might be interested. .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back