At this point in time, when do you think suspect(s) will be named & charges brought?

When will suspect(s) be named & charges brought?

• Believe someone will be charged soon (by 6/8/09)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Believe LE has suspects but needs more evidence

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Believe this will be a cold case-no suspect little evidence

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Believe this case may never be solved - Investigation/crime scene compromised

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Don't have an opinion

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
XPA~
Your explanantion is fabulous.
I am not sure where you came form, but, I sure am glad you came to this forum/thread. :)

Flossie

I agree Flossie! Again a fabulous post by the newbie!

XPA~
I am not sure where you came form, but, I sure am glad you came to this forum/thread. :)

Flossie

Hey, thanks! My parents often made similar comments. Just to stay on topic, and keep tossing numbers around: 205 days and counting.

XPA~

Flossie

Yep, yep, yep!! Couldn't agree more. XPA is a "keeper"!!!

And, I know that I'm O/T - so, I'll just throw this in: Your explanation certainly is fabulous!!

XPAmagnet,
If my memory serves me,OSBI agents are not paid an hourly wage.They are paid a salary whether they work 10 hours or 10,000 hours overtime,it still pays the same.And honestly,I think it's time to cut the OSBI some slack.I just feel that we as the public don't have all the facts on this case.

XPAmagnet,
If my memory serves me,OSBI agents are not paid an hourly wage.They are paid a salary whether they work 10 hours or 10,000 hours overtime,it still pays the same.And honestly,I think it's time to cut the OSBI some slack.I just feel that we as the public don't have all the facts on this case.

Not to split hairs, but they spent a lot of time. Time is money. They spent a lot of time after the hours total was released in August. You're right, they probably are on salary, with no OT pay. Do they get comp time? I still think my estimate might be pretty close, all things considered. By the way, what's your estimate?

You're right again - we don't have all the facts. We have almost none. And why don't we? Here's one fact we do have: two kids murdered. Here's another: no arrests after almost seven months.

It's a free country. Some will cut them some slack. Some won't.

Not to split hairs, but they spent a lot of time. Time is money. They spent a lot of time after the hours total was released in August. You're right, they probably are on salary, with no OT pay. Do they get comp time? I still think my estimate might be pretty close, all things considered. By the way, what's your estimate?

You're right again - we don't have all the facts. We have almost none. And why don't we? Here's one fact we do have: two kids murdered. Here's another: no arrests after almost seven months.

It's a free country. Some will cut them some slack. Some won't.
I'm sure they do get some comp-time.To be perfectly honest,I haven't an estimate to throw your way...yes,I agree time is money,but in this instance,money isn't the issue here.You must be a bean counter!!!Kidding:)
We all have the same interest in mind here,which is justice for Skyla and Taylor.
I strongly believe that to ensure a solid case,many facts have not been released to the public by the OSBI.

Well, I hope and pray that we have arrests in 2009. Someone is getting away with murder. The holidays must have been brutal for both families.

Well, I hope and pray that we have arrests in 2009. Someone is getting away with murder. The holidays must have been brutal for both families.

Very well stated. If anything, I pray for closure in 2009!

Does anyone know when the next multi-county Grand Jury will be convened in the area? When the last GJ reviewed this case in early September, it was not clear when the next one would meet. Some speculated late '08, some early '09.

Whenever it is, we should pay close attention. Might OSBI question parents or local LE under oath? That might lend credence to some of the theories circulating here. On the other hand, no mention of this case to the next GJ would be the worst possible news, i.e. OSBI admitting zero progress since early September.

Also, does anyone know if OSBI still has that one agent remaining in the area, or has he gone back to HQ? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know when the next multi-county Grand Jury will be convened in the area? When the last GJ reviewed this case in early September, it was not clear when the next one would meet. Some speculated late '08, some early '09.

Whenever it is, we should pay close attention. Might OSBI question parents or local LE under oath? That might lend credence to some of the theories circulating here. On the other hand, no mention of this case to the next GJ would be the worst possible news, i.e. OSBI admitting zero progress since early September.

Also, does anyone know if OSBI still has that one agent remaining in the area, or has he gone back to HQ? Thanks in advance.

The last I heard there was one agent still working this case. His last name is "Titsworth". I was under the impression that the GJ would next meet in 2009. I have no idea month.

Thank you very much. I'm just as hopeful as you are, but a lot more pessimistic. Nothing would make me happier than to come on here and apologize for my repeated criticisms. OSBI has worked very hard indeed. To untrained civilians, some of their moves may look misguided. I thought they spent too much time trying to eliminate people who didn't do it, rather than focusing on the one(s) who did it. Regardless, it seems they have given up. It is high time for an accounting of what they have found.

Instead of retreating back to HQ and hoping no one notices, they might throw it all out there. Let the whole state see what they have. The argument of tipping off the perps (assuming more than one) can't be valid. The perps already know they did it, they know they are being sought, and they have long since disposed of guns, clothes, and maybe even a truck. They have sobered up, laid low, and know they can get away with murder if they just keep their mouths shut. They didn't outshoot six or seven thugs; they gunned down two defenseless little girls and they're not going to brag about it. They also know the heat is almost gone. A little while longer and it'll be ancient history. They're winning and they know it.

Despite the relative lack of attention to this case, there is a lot of material on the net to read. Very little about evidence, but lots of opinions. Needless to say, the best ones are here. Some of the other forums...I think you have to fail a drug test to post. Anyway, after absorbing countless opinions and tidbits: (1) There are some very bad people in that area. Locals are terrified of them, whether they are involved or not. No one wants to stir up trouble, even the girls' families. The $30,000 reward is not nearly enough to risk life and limb, for most people. (2) The second gun might be the key. If it was a run-of-the-mill piece that everyone has or had at one time, there is no need to keep it a secret. However, if it's a unique item, one that would really narrow down the list of suspects...??? LE has a habit of not revealing some details that only the killers would know, which can be a great tool.

But that's not working in this case. Not that LE should listen to me, but if they had the means to bump up the reward to $50K, then had the notion to let everyone see what evidence they had, they just might get what they need to close this case. We're all rooting for the good guys here but it seems like they gave up after the GJ. Since then, no effort at all (it seems). And still they maintain the same investigative tactics that have produced absolutely nothing.

How can we be optimistic if those in charge keep plying the same ineffective methods, or worse, quit?

If they would release some of the pertinent information that they might have, it just might get the killers squirming enough to trip themselves up and say something to the wrong person. This has to be a grudge killing for something.
People just don't go around shooting two little girls in broad daylight unless they are so mad they are in a frenzy over it. Do you think the parents may have a good idea of who did it and are afraid to stick their necks out for fear of retaliation?

If they would release some of the pertinent information that they might have, it just might get the killers squirming enough to trip themselves up and say something to the wrong person. This has to be a grudge killing for something.
People just don't go around shooting two little girls in broad daylight unless they are so made they are in a frenzy over it. Do you think the parents may have a good idea of who did it and are afraid to stick their necks out for fear of retaliation?

You actually corrected me. Where I said LE should "throw it all out there" you suggested "some of the pertinent information." You're right. Some, not all. But I still think, if this gets solved, it will be by a tip rather than someone's accidental self-incrimination. Again, the second gun is critical. I think it's a rarity, maybe an antique or a modified one. If made public, it may provide a tip to a direct link; but LE understandably prefers to keep some things private. Information that only the killer knows is very valuable. It's a tough call.

As far as the parents, fear of retaliation might be a factor, of course, but some people just won't turn in their own family, no matter what. That's a serious act of betrayal. In this case, didn't one family turn in a teen who threatened to kill them all? Some people suddenly get a conscience when they think they're next on the list. But I doubt the family is cooperating with LE on the two murders, simply because it should have been enough to nail that guy down as a suspect.

But when we think about the group that was questioned before the GJ, and how promising they look as suspects or sources of information, not to mention possible crooked LE in at least one of the families, recent posts remind us of another seemingly unrelated suspect, a Jerry P (?), who looks like a serious possibilty. Wonder what LE thinks of him?

I don't have the faintest idea who did it. The two-shooter theory is strong: one in an unbelievable rage, and a weaker, follower-type in support. Someone here is looking into the shell casings issue. Interesting. Were they astute enough to collect possible evidence, yet so careless (or stupid) that they left DNA? OSBI said DNA not belonging to the girls was collected at the scene. Someone speculated it was from perspiration. Could it have been something else?

This what I think might have happened: Taylor was a very smart girl, somewhat protected by her folks, but somewhat streetwise and not prone to taking flack from anyone. There was some prior dispute involving one or both of the girls, possibly further aggravated at the bridge. Taylor's wits and gumption prevailed and it so enraged this animal that he chased her down before she got home, where he knew he didn't have the guts to take on the Plackers. He confronted her, she stood her ground again, and...two shots to the face, then eight more between them. Finally, an unprofessional coup de grace to each and the very degrading shot to Taylor. After a minute to revel in their "victory" (and gather the casings?), the cowards ran off. In those last seconds, did they leave DNA? Was it in another act of degradation, not knowing DNA could be collected?

This theory contradicts the lone nut idea. I wonder if LE took styrofoam dummies and placed different-colored rods through them to simulate the two types of bullets' trajectories to get a clearer picture. I bet they did. I bet they also compared the DNA to the teen who's locked up for burglary and threatening his family.

What a mystery. Hope I didn't offend anyone by revisiting or theorizing. Just in case I was off topic, I still don't think it will ever all be put together.

XPA, we were told that Taylor was quiet and shy. Skyla was the extrovert.

Thanks Claycat. You seem more learned about this than most, and certainly more than I am. It appears that the violence directed toward Taylor was more vicious than toward Skyla. If so, there's a reason for it, albeit a very deranged and inexcusable one. When two kids are in danger, the older one might step forward. Maybe Taylor froze, or tried to talk things out. It doesn't seem like she ran from them, but maybe they were between her and her house. She may not have had time to react at all. Those who really know aren't anxious to fill anyone in.

I'm going back to re-read some earlier posts for a while, paying closer attention to yours this time. I think your opinions are very good, even if we disagree. Again, thanks.

That is interesting because that is what I would have guessed from the pictures of the two girls.

Just from the pictures I also see Skyla as someone who would goof around and had an easy smile.

Taylor looked like someone who was more serious and reserved. To me Taylor also looked like someone who had a lot going on behind those eyes.

I also thought Taylor looked like someone who wouldn't take a lot of guff whereas Skyla looked very easy going.

I can't imagine how empty those families must be.

After going over posts here for about 8 today hours, people here seem to be split on where things stand: OSBI has suspects and are close to a solution, or they have quit and gone home, letting the killers off the hook. Some think we should ease up on OSBI, some think we should turn up the pressure. Some even think LE was involved.

Almost all agree that the lack of publicity has hurt, and that OSBI is directly responsible for that, although other factors are also noted. All express a desire to get this case solved.

What has drawn attention to this case? Release of the 911 call. Partial release, of course. A feeble attempt to solicit information which only served to cause a minor ripple in exposure, gave everyone false hope, and surely must have made the families feel even worse. What else drew attention? Release of the autopsies, which yielded the same results. A third event, the GJ - pretty much the same outcome. And still unsolved (unsolved - a derivative of solvable).

What subsequent event drew both local and national coverage, rekindled feelings of love for the girls, and showed positive support for the families? The "Walk" that some extraordinary people participated in last November. Isn't their dedication the brightest light of the last seven months?

So now, there is nothing looming on the horizon except maybe another GJ. If it convenes, this case might not even be discussed. The one year anniversary will produce a couple of local newspaper articles and maybe some quick national blurb or two. We won't see anyone named Ben or Jessica trying to get some camera time. Shame, shame.

The letter-writing campaign is still ongoing. After a dozen sent, two standard-type replies came back. There will be many more going out as time allows.

Back to the main point. The "Walk" was a great thing. Could it become an annual event? We're all trying to do something here, and I would be honored to lend support to any such future event.

Thanks for your kind comments, XPA, and your (as always) informative post. :) Cheers, KP

Having participated in the journey to Weleetka I can only speak for myself, but suffice it to say that it was a very positive experience for me. Not only did I make forever friendships with several beautiful, caring individuals but I found the visit to the memorial site very uplifting and brought me peace. I was not expecting that. I actually felt at peace there. There were so many wonderful memories I took home with me, it would take me hours to recount them all. I will never forget this experience. Sometimes taking a chance is worth it. I took it and I haven't looked back.

That had to be one of the biggest surprises to me as well, Lauren... I was expecting it to be very hard emotionally to be there (which it was), but I didn't expect it to be so peaceful at the same time. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back