Defense wants gas reciept block from trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I have heard -- he didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, didn't have a mugshot taken for some little while ( :mad: ) and who knows what he may have told his family if he did --->Mom, I changed a tire on the shoulder of the road amidst a bunch of trees & shrubs; don't worry, I'm okay <--- that's probably what I would have said...

Good question, CAdd...
icon5.gif

Surely, Shirley, he would have had some scratches on his hands or arms or face.

Was there blood on the bed? Is that where he struck the first blow? If so, he may have struck her so hard the 1st time, it might have rendered her unconscious from the get-go. OMG, what a horrible, hateful & inhuman thing to do to the woman your carrying your son ...

:maddening:Makes me wanna holler!:maddening: [end of mini-rant]

That would be best, but I'm not convinced it was that clean. There were stranglation marks, but she was also viciously beaten in the head area - causing her teeth to fly across the room. I seem to recall that police speculated that there was a fight.

BBM - That little action moved him to the top of the suspect list, and he has never been behind any other suspect since the beginning -- and he has stayed there ever since...

Quite true. There was no way to rule him out a suspect even though many other suspects were ruled out during the investigation.

Yes, there was blood on the bed. It appears she had been sitting in bed, working, as there were papers from PE around her. Her body was found on the floor to the left of the bed near the closet.

I've wondered if she fell asleep and wasn't even awake for the first blow. I know a lot of people think the weapon was a maglite but I've always thought that perhaps it was a lamp base.

BBM - I've wondered the same thing, Wyn... if she had been sleeping, then she really didn't have a chance, did she? ... Did he stash a murder weapon -- tire iron or crow bar or hammer or PVC pipe in the garage? If so, that's pretty slick -- about as slick as a charge for 1stDM.
icon8.gif

Thanks -- I thought I vaguely remembered about the blood on the bed.

Mommie sure had a lot of "boo-boos" as the child said...
icon9.gif

Lamp base ;)

Hmmmm... :waitasec: Lamp base -- why?? That seems to be the weapon of choice -- a lamp base is thought to be a possibility in the K. Taft murder, too. Remember, JTF?

Just because it's there? And the perp *forgot* to bring one??

Hmmmm... :waitasec: Lamp base -- why?? That seems to be the weapon of choice -- a lamp base is thought to be a possibility in the K. Taft murder, too. Remember, JTF?

Hi borndem,

If you look back through the pages, you will find a thread I started that was a quiz for members here drawn from something that was written in one of the search warrants about blood on **advertiser censored* lamp.

Here it is :) Lamps Lamp Lamps Quiz - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sami

Several reasons for me.

1- Basilar skull fracture (fairly heavy weapon...beyond a mag-lite)
2- Since there was attempted strangulation, that was his first mode of attack. When she escaped his grip, the beating began (blood pool in bed).
She ended on the floor, by the closet doors and was beat on the head 28 times until death.
3- A SW described a lamp with "blood on the shade".
4- Many of the wounds were crescent shaped, so whatever the weapon, it had a rounded end. Sure, it could have been a baseball bat, but I lean more with the lamp being the opportunity of choice after the intended strangulation failed (Brad Cooper's mode of attack as well). I picture a candle stick type lamp with a round base....MOO
LEDL9081.jpg

I don't remember a lamp being discussed in the trial and I have watched about 90%. Did I miss it in that 10%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks