UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how exactly they expect the Portuguese police to track the three men down. Did they hand them almost 7 year old phone records and say "Please find the 3 people who were talking on these phones at these times."

Now I'm starting to wonder how they could possibly be tracked after all this time just by those phone records. :dunno:

No clue. I guess they have names. :dunno:

Is it really a smart idea for the British media to claim that an arrest is imminent? Surely, if you were a burglar in the area and you have a vested interest in this case, as soon as you realized the media could be discussing your arrest, you'd flee as fast as you could. It's not really in the best interests of law enforcement to publish things like this, is it?

Is it really a smart idea for the British media to claim that an arrest is imminent? Surely, if you were a burglar in the area and you have a vested interest in this case, as soon as you realized the media could be discussing your arrest, you'd flee as fast as you could. It's not really in the best interests of law enforcement to publish things like this, is it?

No it's not. That said IF these guys are involved I seriously doubt they're still in the area.

There is NOTHING in the letter about suspects or arrests, it is a formal request that his been sent to 31 countries.

It is an ordinary request for cooperation between two Governments.

There is NOTHING in the letter about suspects or arrests, it is a formal request that his been sent to 31 countries.

Spin, spin, spin, and more spin.

How do you know this?

According to the video at the link, the UK have identified the "band of Portugese thieves" who kidnapped little Maddie but international law prevents them from making an arrest.

The reporters are also stunned and at the end of the video even ask each other why wouldn't the UK give the Portugal authorities the information and have them go and arrest them. One reporter says that the problem is that the Portugal police do not want to discuss anything with the UK. (Even the identity of the alleged kidnappers??)

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/01/0...-kidnapped-madeleine-mccann-can’t-arrest-them

Call me cynical but this just looks so contrived. I don't believe a word of it.

How do you know this?

Don't know how to copy paste on this thing but The Telegraph Jan 10 carried the news about the letters and said "Police refused to give details" which has now morphed itself into the burglar fantasy.

Also it was only 2 months ago the prime suspect was alleged to be a black man who had lost a fight with his tractor therefore wasn't able to contradict.

Before that it was child stealing gypsies, a van of cleaners, Posh Spice, Dying Pedophile Raymond Hewlett.

Read the articles carefully. Its called Spin. Take a fact, in this instance the Request Letter, and massage it into something else...self serving mistruths.

:cow:

.:banghead:

Don't know how to copy paste on this thing but The Telegraph Jan 10 carried the news about the letters and said "Police refused to give details" which has now morphed itself into the burglar fantasy.

Also it was only 2 months ago the prime suspect was alleged to be a black man who had lost a fight with his tractor therefore wasn't able to contradict.

Before that it was child stealing gypsies, a van of cleaners, Posh Spice, Dying Pedophile Raymond Hewlett.

Read the articles carefully. Its called Spin. Take a fact, in this instance the Request Letter, and massage it into something else...self serving mistruths.

:cow:

.:banghead:

Oh I get that. I Wondered what happened to tractor man. Is he no longer a suspect?

I was referring to your statement that the letter was sent to 31 countries. What was in the letter? Check phone records?

the-beagle-boys.jpg

"A spokesman for Madeleine's parents told the Daily Mirror that police were ready to arrest and interview "key suspects".
Scotland Yard confirmed that it had sent an international letter of request to the Portuguese authorities but would not elaborate on its contents."

Seems like The Guardian is making it quite clear who this UNNAMED UNOFFICIAL source is !!
Also making it clear SY hasn't mentioned anything about burglars or arrests !

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal

This isn't a case that I've followed closely so I don't know all of the details like some of you probably do.

May I ask those of you that are so adamant that burglars didn't have anything to do with this please post who they think is responsible?

From the little information that I have (and it's been a while since I've looked deeply into this case) I originally thought the parents may have accidentally killed her
:twocents: :peace:

Oh Dear !!!!
How much time have ya got ??

Try these for a start:

PJ Official Files

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

The Truth of A Lie (English Translation)

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/

The Truth of A Lie ( Documentary )

FULL Documentary BANNED by the McCanns (Overturned) Truth of the Lie - Gonçalo Amaral - YouTube

This has archive of just about EVERYTHING

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/home.htm

Stick with your instincts !!

It's all speculation from McCann spokesman.

(who, by the way, only announced on the official site last week that they wouldn't be giving anymore statements during SY investigation.)

"A spokesman for Madeleine's parents told the Daily Mirror that police were ready to arrest and interview "key suspects".

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal

The ONLY statement released from the Met.

Operation Grange - second ILOR

The material on this page is for media organisations only. *Please do not publish links to this page.*

This page was last updated on
10-Jan-2014 11:59

We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request (ILOR) has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week (week commencing 6 January) in connection with Operation Grange.

*Obviously I'm not adding link to source*

It's all speculation from McCann spokesman.

(who, by the way, only announced on the official site last week that they wouldn't be giving anymore statements during SY investigation.)

The ONLY statement released from the Met.

Operation Grange - second ILOR

The material on this page is for media organisations only. *Please do not publish links to this page.*

This page was last updated on
10-Jan-2014 11:59

We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request (ILOR) has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week (week commencing 6 January) in connection with Operation Grange.

*Obviously I'm not adding link to source*

So the British police aren't interviewing 3 men as suspects? How is this speculation by the McCann spokesman, does their spokesman control the British police?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...n-portugal-in-disappearance-madeleine-mccann/

If these parents are indeed innocent, i hope people stop and think before making accusations, especially against a victims family. I am shocked at how many are disregarding this because it doesn't fit their theory. At what point does a person say "maybe I was wrong"?

Whether the Portuguese will co-operate remains to be seen. It is a very sensitive issue with differences they have had,” the unnamed spokesperson said. “Police want to be given a chance to arrest key suspects. It doesn’t prove they have Madeleine, but it will rule them in or out of the investigation and that is i*mportant.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member