Interview with Mike Thompson

This I remember clearly .The Man on the motor bike was showen a picture by the male reporter for HLN/CNN. He was the guy that for the first little bit did his piece for usually HLN and you would allways Listen to him talk while standing basically in the front yard so you could see the Irwin house in the back groundI forget his name. There was a vid of him talking to the guy on the bike and he says to him is this the man you saw that night at 4 am carrying a baby then the reporter for HLN showed him his cell phone .I assume he had the pic on his cell phone. The man on the bike said Ya Yes thats the guy. then the HLN Reporter turns to the camera and says this picture on my phone has been positivly ID'D as the man he 'points to the bike guy' seen at 4am and we have been told this the man on the phone is known as jersey ,,,Thats how the very first naming of who he saw came about from the male reporter from HLN that was for weeks out in front of the Irwins House...I wanna say his name was mike . Not big balk mike brooks lol. but just a reporter i think named mike Iam sure u remember him he allways did the same thing gave updated to nancy and jane allways right in front of the irwins home ...

Jim Spellman interviewed MT and showed him the pic on his cell phone. This was after MT picked somebody out of the lineup. JS never identified the pic on his cell phone, but it was implied that it was Brando, the neighbor of the parents. JS also said at that time that the person identified had taken an LDT, LE had said they had "moved on" from him and that that person didn't have an alibi for the night of the disapperance. But earlier, before the police line up, the story is that MT was shown a pic of the man he eventually picked out of the line up. I don't really know if that is confirmed info.
All MOO.

Ya The facts and all the chatter about who did what when and the time line It's hard to keep up sometimes . It's been awhile also since this case has been a main stay on the news shows..For myself where iam that's all i really have to go by is HLN .With vinny jane and nancy really I watch the odd Heraldo but thats not to often...

The man saw *a baby.* That's it. Just a baby. Can't say if it was a girl or boy, how old it was other than that it could hold itself up while being held. I'm sure there aren't tons of people walking around with babies at 4 am, but really. There is nothing to indicate this was Lisa. I am skeptical that it was. I don't think a live Lisa left the house. The dogs pretty much convinced me it was a dead baby that left the house.

That's true, but it's still an incredible coincidence that if his story is true, he saw someone carrying a half clothed baby in the middle of the night, the same night a baby goes missing in the area.

There are plenty that say they don't believe in coincidences when it concerns stories coming from the parents, shouldn't the same apply here?

That's true, but it's still an incredible coincidence that if his story is true, he saw someone carrying a half clothed baby in the middle of the night, the same night a baby goes missing in the area.

There are plenty that say they don't believe in coincidences when it concerns stories coming from the parents, shouldn't the same apply here?

I agree, it would be a very odd coincidence, that is why I can't discount it. And I just don't believe this guy is making it up. Why would he? And I noted he said something to one of his friends about how odd it was (the next day?)before he ever reported it to LE. Even though, like I said, I don't trust everything that Ron Rugen says, I wonder how much this sighting was investigated? Did LE check any possible video cameras in this area to see if any of them captured a pic of this man and the baby? I wonder. It is frustrating because LE is basically not divulging anything.

I just can't understand why he didn't call 911 and "never thought much more about it for another week". Did a naked baby out in the cold, in the middle of the night honestly not ring any red bells of alarm??

How old is this guy? Is he a father, himself? I could totally see someone without kids and little experience/exposure to a baby not thinking twice about it. I know my son wouldn't think twice about it. For the simple reason that what constitutes taking care of a baby/keeping them warm, etc.

How old is this guy? Is he a father, himself? I could totally see someone without kids and little experience/exposure to a baby not thinking twice about it. I know my son wouldn't think twice about it. For the simple reason that what constitutes taking care of a baby/keeping them warm, etc.

Not only that but as incredulous as it is to a lot of folks here, some people just do not want to get involved. Unless a person sees something blatant (like physically harming another), they would rather not get involved and ask questions. This is even more true when it comes to men.

Not only that but as incredulous as it is to a lot of folks here, some people just do not want to get involved. Unless a person sees something blatant (like physically harming another), they would rather not get involved and ask questions. This is even more true when it comes to men.

Yes, unfortunately I think that is true. if my husband saw something similar, he might say "Hey, put some clothes on your kid, you idiot", but he probably wouldn't call 911 or report it in any way. And he is not a bad person, I think it really is how a lot of men are, they are more along the lines of mind your own business.

If he truly was that oblivious then maybe it explains the coat comment. I agree that it would be a bit difficult to have a meaningful conversation over motorcycle noise, wearing a helmet, shouting to someone who is 30 yards away. But maybe he feels bad that he didn't react to the sight of the naked baby and now "remembers" things that he feels he should have said to express some concern.

I just saw this and thought there could be discussion about this interview with 'witness' Mike Thompson, the man who was on his motorcycle in the early hours of October 4th. This is an interview with MT and Ron Rugen, a private investigator from the area of Kansas City Missouri.

Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?" The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert. The man responded only with a nod.

Did we know this? He says he also told the man to get a coat or something for the baby.

http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/2012/01/confident-he-saw-live-baby-was-it-lisa.html

Thanks matou for this update !

RBBM: I do NOT remember Mike Thompson saying this ...

:waitasec: Every time MT "speaks" he adds -- or changes -- "something" to "his story" ...

:waitasec: And don't forget he did not report this so-called "sighting" until a week later ...

JMO, but I have always found this "witness' story" HINKY ... and JMO, but I think he is a "defense plant" ...

MOOOOOO ...

Idk. . .Kansas city is a major metropolitan area. The first sighting is significant because of proximity and timing. . .this sighting. . .eh. I don't doubt that MT saw something, but I'm not convinced that it was BL. Just for reference Seattle is about 1 million more people than KS, and I don't think it would be unusual to see somebody walking with a baby late at night several hours and a few miles away from where a baby went missing. The city I live in is 1/3 of the size of KS and I'm not convinced that if this same situation happened here that I would be convinced that it was related. JMHO

You all have made some great points. I wonder if there would be a different reaction to this if small details were changed. What if he made an ID w/o having previously been shown a picture? What if he had reported it the day Lisa went missing? What if he had asked the man where he was headed at 4 am w/a naked baby?

I guess him IDing the man that much later and the circumstances of the ID are questionable in my mind.

I've been thinking a lot lately about Lisa and the cell phones. Quite frankly the cell phones don't make a bit of sense. So let's say Lisa was truly abducted (stranger, friend, family, acquaintance, whatever you prefer for your scenario) and that DB & JI were not involved with her disappearance. Which leaves us with the possibility that DB (most likely) or JI disposed of them and that's why the pinging is close to the house. Maybe Lisa was taken and DB did notice but had not been watching the kids (which we know) and was drunk, maybe there were pics on the phone documenting the night and she felt like she'd be to blame, so simplest solution is ditch the phones and have JI discover Lisa missing?

Well if the moon were made of cheese...

snipped from : http://www.kmbc.com/news/29547997/detail.html#ixzz1kJDFror8

Quote from Mike Thompson :

"I was going south on 435, I exited on 48th Street, and I see a man who was walking up Randolph carrying a baby," Thompson said. "And I looked at him, he was about 30 feet from me, he turned and looked at me, and I looked at him. It's 4 o'clock in the morning, 45 degrees and the baby doesn't have a blanket, a coat, nothing," Mike Thompson told ABC. "And this guy is walking down the street. I thought it was kind of weird."

snipped from : http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-surveillance-footage-mystery-man/story?id=14795844

Quote from Mike Thompson:

Mike Thompson told ABC News that he was on his way home from work around 4 a.m. on Oct. 4 when he saw a man in a T-shirt carrying a baby at an intersection about three miles from the Irwin home.

"[At] 4 a.m., 45 degrees, baby don't have a coat or nothing and this guy is walking down the street and I thought it was kind of weird," Thompson said.

He thought the sight was so unusual that he recalled considering offering the man and baby a ride home, but couldn't because he was on his motorcycle.

---------------------------------------------------

There is NOTHING in Thompson's earlier interviews that he hollered at this "Mystery Man" that was "allegedly" carrying a baby ...

:waitasec:

JMO, but I have never believed anything about these "alleged" sightings from these "witnesses" ...

It is just "real convenient" that these sightings were reported AFTER Bill Stanton showed up ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

I thought the first sighting by the neighbor was within hours of Lisa being reported missing. Although, I've honestly questioned that sighting from the beginning. Sadly, both sightings are weird and hard to buy.

The first sighting at midnight just a block from Lisa's house, was reported by the man's wife. IIRC, their story changed, too. It went from him seeing the baby, to them seeing the baby. Maybe they did both see the baby, but to admit it would be to admit to leaving their kids home alone.

I thought the first sighting by the neighbor was within hours of Lisa being reported missing. Although, I've honestly questioned that sighting from the beginning. Sadly, both sightings are weird and hard to buy.

The first sighting at midnight just a block from Lisa's house, was reported by the man's wife. IIRC, their story changed, too. It went from him seeing the baby, to them seeing the baby. Maybe they did both see the baby, but to admit it would be to admit to leaving their kids home alone.

The constantly changing "stories" and "timelines" :rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

:waitasec: :ufo::ufo:

Wait? I'm confused. The guy said he saw the man with the baby when he was in his drveway leaving for work. His wife said that she saw the man while peeking out through the window of their home. Where does the leaving the kids home alone come into play?

Idk. . .Kansas city is a major metropolitan area. The first sighting is significant because of proximity and timing. . .this sighting. . .eh. I don't doubt that MT saw something, but I'm not convinced that it was BL. Just for reference Seattle is about 1 million more people than KS, and I don't think it would be unusual to see somebody walking with a baby late at night several hours and a few miles away from where a baby went missing. The city I live in is 1/3 of the size of KS and I'm not convinced that if this same situation happened here that I would be convinced that it was related. JMHO

Even a half clothed baby, in the middle of the night? It's very possible it wasn't BL, but I don't think the guy is purposely lying either. If it wasn't BL, then yes, I do believe it's a strange coincidence. Guess a lot of people go walking with babies at 4am in KC.

The constantly changing "stories" and "timelines" :rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

:waitasec: :ufo::ufo:

Like I said, everyone doesn't believe in coincidences where it concerns the parents, it should be a global rule. Random strangers making up stories for people they don't even know sounds a little far fetched to me. They could of really saw something, doesn't mean it was BL or they are lying. What makes these stories unique compared to the typical eyewitness account is they were to have happened at a time when one doesn't normally see an individual walking around with a half clothed baby.

snipped from : http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/11/02/missing-baby-lisas-uncle-leaves-detectives

He says he was driving his motorcycle and was approximately 30 feet away from a man carrying a baby. He stopped, and the man turned around and looked at him. He says the man was walking in an area far away from any houses and thought about offering the man a ride, but couldn’t because he was on a motorcycle. “I thought, what an idiot, with a man out there as cold as it was with no clothes, no blanket on the baby,” says Thompson.

snipped from : http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/2012/01/confident-he-saw-live-baby-was-it-lisa.html

Mike was getting off of work driving due south on his motorcycle on Hwy 435 taking the off ramp at NE 48th St. in Kansas City, Missouri. As he slowed down to turn west on NE 48th St., he saw a man walking from the south side of 48th, crossing the road, and heading north on N. Randolph. Mike stopped his motorcycle at the intersection. It was very well lit with street lights. By this time a man, carrying a baby was probably around 20 to 30 yards north of the intersection walking on N. Randolph. Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?" The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert. The man responded only with a nod.

RBM: Soooooo many inconsistencies ... 30 feet away . . . 20-30 yards . . .

And that is why all of these "alleged sightings" are hinky . . .

MOO ...

snipped from : http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/11/02/missing-baby-lisas-uncle-leaves-detectives

He says he was driving his motorcycle and was approximately 30 feet away from a man carrying a baby. He stopped, and the man turned around and looked at him. He says the man was walking in an area far away from any houses and thought about offering the man a ride, but couldn’t because he was on a motorcycle. “I thought, what an idiot, with a man out there as cold as it was with no clothes, no blanket on the baby,” says Thompson.

snipped from : http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/2012/01/confident-he-saw-live-baby-was-it-lisa.html

Mike was getting off of work driving due south on his motorcycle on Hwy 435 taking the off ramp at NE 48th St. in Kansas City, Missouri. As he slowed down to turn west on NE 48th St., he saw a man walking from the south side of 48th, crossing the road, and heading north on N. Randolph. Mike stopped his motorcycle at the intersection. It was very well lit with street lights. By this time a man, carrying a baby was probably around 20 to 30 yards north of the intersection walking on N. Randolph. Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?" The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert. The man responded only with a nod.

RBM: Soooooo many inconsistencies ... 30 feet away . . . 20-30 yards . . .

And that is why all of these "alleged sightings" are hinky . . .

MOO ...

How much of that is attributed to bad reporting in the article though versus what he said? There certainly has been plenty of that in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back