TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to look up the spring schedule at the college to see when the end of classes might have been but only see the summer and fall schedule.
I heard the weather isn't that good in Tn right now so hope that doesn't hamper the search.

Rain is supposed to end by 4 pm.

Only a 40% chance for tomorrow.

My graduation was on May 9. Although her program was different from mine, thinking about it, April 13 seems too soon for a final. I heard it was their final.

So, it was either her final, or the exam before her final exam (meaning that she had 2 exams left.)

The nursing programs are standardized by The Board Of Nursing, in each state. From what I have seen, they are pretty much all the same.

If we missed our final exam, or if our average ever dropped below a B, we were automatically dropped from the nursing program.

When you are dropped from a nursing program, you have to apply to get in, all over again. When I was applying, there were over a thousand applicants, every semester, and only 400 slots available, so the only hope of being accepted, was to have a perfect 4.0 average; straight A's.

I never saw or heard of anyone being able to take a makeup exam, however, in a small area where she went to school, they may have made some sort of exception for an emergency.

You wear your regular clothes to school, and your uniform to your clinicals at the hospital. You have school certain days of the week, and your clinicals on other days. Some girls I went to school with wore flip flops and shorts to school, just like all the other college kids did.

You had to be on time for the exams; if you walk in late, you don't get to take it. So there could have been a couple of reasons that her friend cried that day. I have no idea. Just thought I'd shed a little light on the programs.

Here is a link to the website for the college. You can look under Academic Calendar and use a pull-down menu to access the calendar from the 2010-2011 school year that is archived there:

http://catalog.utm.edu/content.php?catoid=7&navoid=359

Final exams were running into the first week of May, so Holly was likely not taking a final just yet on that fateful day.

This guy is probably too small (5'7" 170) and lives in Jackson, 45 miles from the Bobo home...

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Local-Realtor-Kidnapped-125930438.html

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Davis-Guilty-in-Realtor-Kidnapping-Case-139469178.html?m=y&smobile=y

...but he did show a higher degree of planning than happens in most sexual assaults in the attack on the realtor, just a few months after Holly was abducted. And it is possible that he could have appeared larger in boots and a thick hunting jacket. I don't think he's a likely suspect but he is interesting. As the second article shows he was convicted and it sounds like he admitted the fact that he had planned to rape the realtor. Anyway, I did a lot of searching and couldn't connect him with Parsons or with UT Martin (they have a Jackson extension also), with a common name like Stephen Davis it's hard to find a Facebook.

Also, Stephen Davis is young, 26, considering what Clint said about the perps voice. That made him interesting to me as well, since the other local creeps I remember being discussed have been older.

I am guessing nothing major happened today in the search...

I am guessing nothing major happened today in the search...

I have not heard of anything being found.

But they searched in the rain. Bless their hearts !

There's only a 30% chance of rain in the area today. It goes up at 4 pm, but only to 40% chance. So hopefully it will be a little easier.

I understand that there was not a large turn out. I hope today will be different.

If anyone would like to volunteer for the search, the phone number at the end of the news article will give an idea if more are needed.

I have not heard of anything being found.

But they searched in the rain. Bless their hearts !

There's only a 30% chance of rain in the area today. It goes up at 4 pm, but only to 40% chance. So hopefully it will be a little easier.

I understand that there was not a large turn out. I hope today will be different.

If anyone would like to volunteer for the search, the phone number at the end of the news article will give an idea if more are needed.

BBM-Thats sad. With no info and family saying so little it looks like people have lost interest or given up.

I don't know about the weather in West TN, but the weather in Middle TN yesterday was abysmal. There were bad thunderstorms all afternoon. I don't see how much could have gotten done with the threat of lightening. Today has been some better, but we are still getting pop-up rain showers. There was flash flooding in some places, too.

I'm also surprised at how little media attention this is getting. I thought the big stations might jump on the story, but all we are getting is the same article reprinted over and over. Arghh! So sad and so frustrating!

I have this picture in my head of dozens of vehicles converging on the Bobo home, as one lone vehicle heads the other way and no one notices...

Yes. Did Clint ever mention hearing a vehicle after Holly went into the woods? I'd think the escape vehicle would have been fairly close, and very likely on/near the logging road, and within earshot.

We live in a very rural setting and can easily here vehicles hundreds of yards away.

How incredible Holly just disappeared in such a short time!

Is Kristie Baugus Moon any relation to Lee Baugus, one of Holly's exes?
I am losing track of how many previous boyfriends she had.

I've seen it questioned several times, read several times that they are not, and never read that they are.
But I don't know. <shrug>

At the top of the article (linked in the previous post) there is a page title, NEWS. This is not news, but an opinionated blog. Anyone here on Holly&#8217;s thread could have written this piece, except most would have used empathy.

jmo

The chances of Holly being found alive are very slim. They wouldn't be sending divers in the water if they thought she was still alive. Of course, we all want this case to turn out like the Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard cases but statistics are not in Holly's favour.

This is the first time I hear about that other case. Hopefully, LE has checked into a possible connection there. That case really is "close to home", imo. Unfortunately, the boyfriend was shot and killed by a police officer. I guess they will never know if he was involved or not. One would think they would've had enough evidence if he was? Why did that case go ice cold?

What happened to these girls?

Even with the reports of bad weather the real news articles say between 100 and 200 people searched. Thats pretty good IMHO. Getting 200 folks out in bad storms doesn't imply lack of interest to me.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member