NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

Does anyone have confirmation thu MSM that MB was in Omaha on the day Tom and Shirlee were murdered? TIA

wm

I think a normal person in MB's situation with all the attention to his poor work
would be too embarrassed to say anything! An abnormal person is likely to be
irrational.

Does anyone have confirmation thu MSM that MB was in Omaha on the day Tom and Shirlee were murdered? TIA

wm
From my post #586 in thread #2

“Other detectives have spoken to him. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a suspect. There’s been a lot of people in different locations that our investigators have talked to in that case, so he’s one of them because he did know Dr. Hunter and was in town at the time,” Pecha said.

OK he was in town at the time...

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alber.../17121046.html
That was the link at the time but no longer available today. Pecha is one of the detectives.

YD, Good catch about the 'one word'.

Calgary police spokesman Kevin Brookwell said a “harmless” procedural term sparked the question to provincial officials. Police had asked the pathologist about the word while the doctor was still with the province, but didn’t receive a satisfactory explanation.

“Had they had a satisfactory explanation of that file, this may not have happened, but as it turned out it did raise the alarm,” Mr. Brookwell said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lberta-pathologist/article1889548/?cmpid=rss1

So what is the word?

wm

YD, Good catch about the 'one word'.

Calgary police spokesman Kevin Brookwell said a “harmless” procedural term sparked the question to provincial officials. Police had asked the pathologist about the word while the doctor was still with the province, but didn’t receive a satisfactory explanation.

“Had they had a satisfactory explanation of that file, this may not have happened, but as it turned out it did raise the alarm,” Mr. Brookwell said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lberta-pathologist/article1889548/?cmpid=rss1

So what is the word?

wm

Well, it's probably some medical word we're not familiar with, but could it be the word "homicide"?

I don't think it was homicide because it was on the autopsy of the little girl who was not murdered. I think she died in the hospital. He probably made some glaring mistake that caused the reviewer to wonder if he was really a pathologist. Just my guess. He could have even charted that he did certain things on his autopsies but actually made short cuts and lied... another guess.

Bumping the thread for Tom and Shirlee.
Has anyone else thought about any connection between this story breaking when it did and the comments we were making about two weeks ago on here about filing a Freedom of Information Act request on this case? Probably not but it is odd, I know LE reads this forum..

I don't think it was homicide because it was on the autopsy of the little girl who was not murdered. I think she died in the hospital. He probably made some glaring mistake that caused the reviewer to wonder if he was really a pathologist. Just my guess. He could have even charted that he did certain things on his autopsies but actually made short cuts and lied... another guess.

My theory is that someone in Alberta LE looked at his report and saw something glaring then researched a bit more and realized it to be the output of someone who didn't know his behind from third base about what he was being paid well to do?
I find it interesting that this was a report on a child, perhaps it's a stretch but maybe this is a guy who hates kids and maybe said something stupid accordingly?

Belenky also goes by the Russian spelling Mikhail. DOB 7/22/64. He lived at
5119 Lake Street in Omaha.

Oh, I forgot. The house on Lake Street was last sold in June of 2008 for $5,000
below the asking price.

Hi Brudsaunt! Welcome and thank you for the info. May I ask how certain you feel that this is the correct DOB for MB? If he is eventually named a POI then we can submit the DOB to our forensic astrologers to draw a chart for him on the day of the murders, which is why I ask. I hope I am not being too nosy....
:)

wm

I found the DOB on website. It fits his age anyway. Not sure about some of
those websites and, unfortunately, we have to have an element of doubt about EVERYTHING since we don't have access to anything solid. I also saw a woman's name associated with him in Portland, but not in Omaha. First, when I saw the name, ADU,(I wonder if it's easier to find something about her if it's a hyphenated name) listed as a roommate, I though I'm just not sure about some info you find on the web.

Then I thought, I wonder if there's a problem with women that fueled a fire and led to anger. How many women would like their man to be constantly having problems in his employment? MB is handsome and is a "doctor" (every silly mother's dream for their daughter). He could attract them, but could he keep them happy?

Poor Shirlee may have learned the hard way about the killer's (whoever he is) hatred of women.

Wow! So MB also possibly lived in Portland with ADU? Someone had posted here that he is married to a woman named 'M', who could be a 'cantor' but don't know for sure. I am just not sure of stuff one finds on the web either.

I would not be at all surprised to learn if there's a woman involved in this case, directly or indirectly. MOO

In what year was MB in Portland, if you don't mind my asking? I am continuously adding to my timeline. Thanks for all the info!

wm

I found the DOB on website. It fits his age anyway. Not sure about some of
those websites and, unfortunately, we have to have an element of doubt about EVERYTHING since we don't have access to anything solid. I also saw a woman's name associated with him in Portland, but not in Omaha. First, when I saw the name, ADU,(I wonder if it's easier to find something about her if it's a hyphenated name) listed as a roommate, I though I'm just not sure about some info you find on the web.

Then I thought, I wonder if there's a problem with women that fueled a fire and led to anger. How many women would like their man to be constantly having problems in his employment? MB is handsome and is a "doctor" (every silly mother's dream for their daughter). He could attract them, but could he keep them happy?

Poor Shirlee may have learned the hard way about the killer's (whoever he is) hatred of women.

The website doesn't say the year, just the town and the address. I'd have to
look again to find the website, too, since I forgot which one had the info, but I wrote down the Portland address;
it was 15818 Sandy Blvd. #12 (an apartment?), Portland, OR 97230. I'll see if I can find out what years he was there.

Oh, I forgot. The house on Lake Street was last sold in June of 2008 for $5,000
below the asking price.

This is probably not worth even saying out loud, but is there any chance Shirlee could have cleaned his house as well? I remember seeing she cleaned other houses for doctors.

Just a reminder FWIW.

Please do not use full names of persons not previously mentioned in news articles or by LE and we also request you don't sleuth them.

Thank you and HaPpY SlEuThInG!

fran
:D

Just a reminder FWIW.

Please do not use full names of persons not previously mentioned in news articles or by LE and we also request you don't sleuth them.

Thank you and HaPpY SlEuThInG!

fran
:D

Thanks for the heads up.
FWIW, I found this Dr review of MB:

http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/539876/Dr-Michael-Belenky-OMAHA-NE.html

Nothing much new but it does give the name of his medical college in Russia. Not sure why he's on a site for Dr reviews by the public- his patients are not likely to have any comments!

I would be curious to know if Dr. Belenky ever knew or had reason to come in contact with Dr. Anderson or his wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back