BSL - PSYCH EVAL, 08 Aug 2012 (released 09-12-12)

I need to correct something I wrote before on his testing. He didn't score 99 on his POI...He scored 124 which by the WAIS III chart shows "gifted" in this area.

The POI is just one of several tests used to give an over all scoring and analysis of one's intellectual state of mind.

I would like to say I find it very INTERESTING that his MMPI-2 shows "truthful".

Maybe GarryB or someguy could?

I think one of them said to the best of their knowledge, BSL's adoptive parents never abused him (not that extended family always knows of abuse, but hey). It seems like something that would be easy enough to check up on so I wonder if BSL would be stupid enough to lie about it to the psychiatrist. (Okay, yeah, he probably would be).

I believe someguy said BS Lavergne was abused. Later, GarryB said he didn't believe that, and that BS was likely just a bad seed.

General Programs:
Thsi is an exert from the Central State Hospital as to what treatments are available for an adolescent
http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/directory/detail/217

Adolescent Services:
Provide treatment for severely emotionally disturbed and / or psychotic adolescents between the ages of twelve (12) and seventeen (17) in compliance with all applicable accrediting and licensing standards to meet the individualized patient care needs of adolescents needing a level of care that must be provided in an inpatient setting.

Then there is the Gateway Adolescent Center that is housed in the Central State Hospital and is listed for Drug and Alcohol Abuse Clinic.

Then I went to the Army to see if you can enlist with a history like his....this is what I got
http://army.com/info/usa/disqualifiers
So I'm just as baffled as to how he was able to join the Army National Guard as anything else this dude has done!?!

Admissions into Central State Hospital

CLSH provides acute, intermediate, and long-term mental health care, treatment and rehabilitative services to children, adolescents, and adults. The catchment area served by CLSH includes the 42 parishes associated with Mental Health Regions 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 (Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Shreveport, and Monroe areas). The Hospital is highly committed to cooperative work with other state agencies and with the state and regional mental health program to ensure the integration and coordination of hospital-community services into a comprehensive system of mental health care.

So if the State or state agency put him there...... why? What went on before that? What happened?? What MAJOR SIGNS were surfacing prior to that? "Severely emotionally disturbed and/or psychotic"......those are powerful words....which lets you know this cat has been messed up a very long time.....UNLESS he was in the Gateway facility....as was stated in his eval he didn't drink because when he did he tended to binge! Maybe that's why he was there...... wish we could get more info from someguy or GaryB to enlighten us on this guy.

Very interesting! Did it say he was suicidal before abducting Mickey? I didn't see where they gave a timeline other than to say May.

It didn't say before Mickey, but I'm assuming so because he was out and about in June and didn't report having those thoughts. He seemed happy as scary as it is. I mean he was laughing, joking and flirting with his hair dresser. So my take is it was before Mickey

I believe someguy said BS Lavergne was abused. Later, GarryB said he didn't believe that, and that BS was likely just a bad seed.

It was some guy that mentioned he found out about the abuse.
Random but I wonder if Brandon ever read all of our posts throughout this whole thing

It was some guy that mentioned he found out about the abuse.
Random but I wonder if Brandon ever read all of our posts throughout this whole thing

Good question...it's open to public..... IF he did....good !! Then he knew none of us (mostly you - I'm so new to it) were giving up!!!!

Excert from psych eval of serial killer in 2000 - Sound familiar???
Consensual sexual activity was brought to an end when Alicia expressed a desire to leave Mr. D.’s apartment. When asked if her refusal to continue to have sex with him was frustrating, he stated, “I didn’t like it. If I got mad I wouldn’t know that I got mad.” In sequence, Mr. D. reported that the following occurred: he prevented Alicia from exiting his bedroom by blocking the doorway with his body; he “struck her a few times in the face,” to incapacitate her and quiet her struggling; he used stereo speaker wire as ligature to bind the victim’s hands and feet behind her back, legs bent at the knee with feet in the air: “I tied her so that her buttock area, her vaginal area would be exposed.” He was questioned on his conscious motivations for binding Alicia. He reported “I don’t want her to leave, I want to keep her. All I wanted was to f, I kept telling her that.”

Reminds me of Lisa's story. Creepy......http://www.hindawi.com/crim/psychiatry/2011/163403/

Admissions into Central State Hospital

So if the State or state agency put him there...... why? What went on before that? What happened?? What MAJOR SIGNS were surfacing prior to that? "Severely emotionally disturbed and/or psychotic"......those are powerful words....which lets you know this cat has been messed up a very long time.....UNLESS he was in the Gateway facility....as was stated in his eval he didn't drink because when he did he tended to binge! Maybe that's why he was there...... wish we could get more info from someguy or GaryB to enlighten us on this guy.

On various blogs in the Church Point area, there have been many accusations or escapades attributed to BSL during his youth by supposed friends/acquaintances/neighbors. None have been verified or reported on. Even one that would have occurred around the time he was 15, when he was tying a young lady to a tree but was interrupted by his adoptive father. That is also around the time he dropped out of high school in the 10th grade. Many other alleged activities including some by his 'best' high school friend who takes credit for giving him the name 'mantalk' because of his unique deep voice even as a young boy. This best friend says "mantalk was always a little different, a little touched." But, all of this is hearsay and I'm sure all juvenile records are sealed. I also wonder about his enlistment in army, unless it was an arrangement between Army and LE to keep him out of jail.

Rather than his Pineville treatment, I'm more curious about the outpatient counseling in 2011 for a 'few months'. What triggered this. Was it voluntary? Did LE/RSO contact know? Are there any unsolved criminal activity that could attached to BSL during this period? Wonder if anything in sealed evidence file addresses this??

Thx.... U have a good point... To bad they didn't say where or by who

I get the feeling that his adoption wasn't a traditional adoption (not through an adoption agency).

I get the feeling that his adoption wasn't a traditional adoption (not through an adoption agency).

I agree.......not even sure it was an adoption. What I hear is father had affair which resulted in BSL, and bio Mother wanted nothing to do with him. Father's wife had compassion and accepted BSL. Just hearsay, but bio father/ supposed adoptive father same....at least that is the story....

I feel so clueless. Even after following this case, closely, I didn't know BSL had been arrested for Pate but not indicted!

I agree.......not even sure it was an adoption. What I hear is father had affair which resulted in BSL, and bio Mother wanted nothing to do with him. Father's wife had compassion and accepted BSL. Just hearsay, but bio father/ supposed adoptive father same....at least that is the story....

garryb stated..."His two half sisters have the same mother, different fathers. BSL's bio father was a prominent business man that was married and had an affair with BSL's mother. When he found out she was pregnant, he dumped her. She chose adoption instead of abortion."

Hhhhmmm...

An update on yesterday's article by Claire Taylor in The Advertiser.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...evaluation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Maybe this thread isn't the best one in which to ask, but since you posted the link here, bessie -- from your link:

Keith Stutes, the lead assistant district attorney on the case who has since retired, said Lavergne admitted to striking Shunick with his truck then brandishing a gun and knife to get the woman into his vehicle.

Isn't this the first time we've heard (for sure, though we've speculated) that BSL brandished the knife and gun to get Mickey in the truck??? If so -- wonder if this actually is a "new" statement from Stutes or if the reporter just assumed this...

garryb stated..."His two half sisters have the same mother, different fathers. BSL's bio father was a prominent business man that was married and had an affair with BSL's mother. When he found out she was pregnant, he dumped her. She chose adoption instead of abortion."

Hhhhmmm...

Yes, I recall garryb's statement. I also recall adoptive mother's comment immediately after his arrest. "I adopted Brandon at birth to give him the family he deserved." She didn't say 'we' - she said "I". If reports of her husband being the father is true, he would not adopt..so IMO a formal adoption didn't occur.

I do not think his father is the same as his adoptive father that allegedly abused him. I think his parents adopted him, neither is the bio parent. His mother was a Lavergne through both of her marriages. Her second husband, the one that was hospitalized When Mickey was murdered, was also a Lavergne. His bio parents may have known the adoptive parents/ been related to them some way, though.

I do not think his father is the same as his adoptive father that allegedly abused him. I think his parents adopted him, neither is the bio parent. His mother was a Lavergne through both of her marriages. Her second husband, the one that was hospitalized When Mickey was murdered, was also a Lavergne. His bio parents may have known the adoptive parents/ been related to them some way, though.

Precisely why some things wanna make you go hhhmmm...Some stories are crossed... then here lies rumor, conjecture, hearsay. I am overtly conscience of personal speculation. But, 'prominent business man' as described by garryb... oh, shoots...:what: doesn't quite fit the bill.

Goes to show you that even those who are close to the source, many times know very little of the truth.

Goes to show you that even those who are close to the source, many times know very little of the truth.

So true....or at least speak little of the truth. I am amazed that more about BSLs youth has not come from Church Point residents. In every small town everyone knows everyone else's business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back