Jason Young to get new trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the *trial Becky Holt is involved in, is in closing arguments today. after 11 weeks. DP case, should be a slam dunk.
*Devega

Is CY supposed to be the silent witness, I never watched this.

Yes, CY is the silent witness. The episode doesn't revolve around her, but the episode clearly takes the JY is guilty stance. This is what initially got my attention towards the case. Even when portrayed as if he is guilty, it really doesn't make any sense. The jury forewoman even says something along the lines that only JY would've cared enough to take the time to clean off CY. That doesn't make much sense to me because he wouldn't really have that much time at all. The first responder, a sheriff's deputy, talks about how clean CY was and didn't have a drop of blood on her.

Edit: one other detail the show brought up that I did not know about was JY had receipts for cigars that the defense presented. So, he occasionally purchased cigars, but didn't occasionally smoke cigars?
And the inconsistencies with JY's testimony that I can find were, he said he brought his laptop in to do work, when he was actually looking at sports sites, and the detective thinks it was too cold and windy out for JY to smoke a cigar.... I had a buddy drag me outside in the freezing cold snow to share a cigar with him, so I'm just saying, it's never too cold or windy when your mind is made up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The temp. on the night of the murder was just below freezing. The hose could be another one of those "tunnel vision" details that is wrapped around Jason to build a story. Why would a murderer wash away blood in the backyard when it is so much easier, and more comfortable, to clean up in the house? Michelle's blood in the shower mixed with Jason's DNA would not be evidence of anything.

Didn't police test the soil in the area of the hose in the hopes of finding evidence that Jason showered in the backyard in the middle of the night in freezing temperatures?

Speaking of building stories.....the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind as I read many of these posts.......

If JY used the house, blood evidence is going to be in the drain and how could he risk microscopic blood evidence in the shower? he couldn't. Yes, it was chilly, but if you're pumped up and your adrenalin is flowing as I'm sure his was after viciously slaughtering his wife, cold water is not that big of an issue. JY knew if he left the water running all blood evidence would be washed away.

Drying off? I'm sure they had towels in the house and such towel(s) was in the bag along with the shirt, pants, gloves, shoes, and socks discarded somewhere on the way back to the Hampton Inn.

As for dried blood on his skin.....I went to the hospital with a relative who was bleeding large amounts of blood from an outdoor accident. I had blood all over my hands, arms, and even legs as it was susmmer. HOURS later I simply rinsed off very quickly in a hospital sink with COLD water and in seconds the dried blood just washed away and ran down the drain..........I didn't scrub at all.

JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

I don't see why many say he had so much blood on him. How do you know? Maybe it was only bloody gloved hands and some blood on his shoes. All clothes/shoes were likely taken care of like tarheel mentioned IMO. Those trash bags are a big clue IMO.

The washing off with a hose theory is an internet theory. It's just ridiculous, so can we put that aside? Can we put aside the theory that JY wore two pairs of shoes that night too?

CY wasn't adrenaline pumped, but he somehow got her outside and sprayed her down with a hose in the freezing cold? You know when you walk across wet grass, you're going to track dirt and grass inside. There's no evidence of that, and there's no evidence anyone mopped the floor either.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

As for dried blood on his skin.....I went to the hospital with a relative who was bleeding large amounts of blood from an outdoor accident. I had blood all over my hands, arms, and even legs as it was susmmer. HOURS later I simply rinsed off very quickly in a hospital sink with COLD water and in seconds the dried blood just washed away and ran down the drain..........I didn't scrub

Hours later in the summer blood dries and flakes off. In the night, less than an hour after the murder, it wouldn't be so dry. But even in both those situations it gets into your pores and hair follicles. It doesn't just splash right off with a little bit of water.

Did he take a shower at the HI? Did they CSI his hotel room?

Back at you... There is no evidence that blood is hard to wash off.

The washing off with a hose theory is an internet theory. It's just ridiculous, so can we put that aside? Can we put aside the theory that JY wore two pairs of shoes that night too? CY wasn't adrenaline pumped, but he somehow got her outside and sprayed her down with a hose in the freezing cold? You know when you walk across wet grass, you're going to track dirt and grass inside. There's no evidence of that, and there's no evidence anyone mopped the floor either.

BBM

No I'm not putting aside the theory. Look at the pics from the NTO. His left foot on the lateral side (Outter) looks like blisters to me. Maybe like he wore shoes too small for him. I think he wore the Franklins while he butchered MY then got the HP out of his closet when he was done. Again, it's not that hard to comprehend. He planned this. The murder weapons and clothes are long gone. Plus, I don't think he washed CY off outside. I think he cleaned her with baby wipes and took those along with him. She was "shockingly" clean but she wasn't clean clean as she still had red stains on her nail beds. I know I use wipes to wipe my kids hands and faces off all the time.

Everyone keeps asking why this and why that "if" he had done it. Let's think about this. He planned this attack and thought about things. It didn't go according to plan, like MY fighting back and GB having that encounter with him, but he did act with malice and forethought. And IF he had an accomplice how are they not coming forward? What is their motive for helping him? Same as people think MF did this with the help of her BF. What is that person's reason for helping and what did they get out of it? Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Also I think him not being seen on camera that morning at the HI as he says is a big deal. Why is that? Also to the poster that said the HI and/or the DA withheld that evidence......really? Isn't that stretching it? That's very insulting. The HI didn't have anything in the case? Why would they do that? Like they had it out for JY?? That's crazy

For any one who thinks Gracie's testmony is credible, can you answer any of the following 10 questions? I have to ask!

Besides the fact that the cameras were not working , of course.

1)Where is the witness she said that was there. LE did a thorough search for him, putting up surveillance video and issuing flyers.
2) Why did she not report such incident to the next person coming on shift?
3)Why did she not fill an incident report?
4) Why did she not tell her boss?
5)Why didn't any other customer come forward who was in the store at the same time this supposedly happened ever come forward?
6)Where is proof she was $5.00 over in her balance sheet?
7) Why did she describe Jason as the same height as her?
8) Why did she say first it was a regular customer who was there and then change it to a news deliverry person?
9)Why did she constantly need help describing Jason?
10) How was her testimony allowed in with her memory problems and brain injury?

Bonus Question: Why did the state feel the need for her to change her appearance so dramatically?
She looked fine in Trial 1, but in Trial 2, she gets a complete makeover. Why?

The washing off with a hose theory is an internet theory. It's just ridiculous, so can we put that aside? Can we put aside the theory that JY wore two pairs of shoes that night too?

CY wasn't adrenaline pumped, but he somehow got her outside and sprayed her down with a hose in the freezing cold? You know when you walk across wet grass, you're going to track dirt and grass inside. There's no evidence of that, and there's no evidence anyone mopped the floor either.

It may have been one of the state's theories too, but it doesn't mean it happened. Jason and CY were out in the yard that day, maybe they gave Mr. G a drink of water and forgot to turn off the hose.

Speaking of building stories.....the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind as I read many of these posts.......

If JY used the house, blood evidence is going to be in the drain and how could he risk microscopic blood evidence in the shower? he couldn't. Yes, it was chilly, but if you're pumped up and your adrenalin is flowing as I'm sure his was after viciously slaughtering his wife, cold water is not that big of an issue. JY knew if he left the water running all blood evidence would be washed away.

Drying off? I'm sure they had towels in the house and such towel(s) was in the bag along with the shirt, pants, gloves, shoes, and socks discarded somewhere on the way back to the Hampton Inn.

As for dried blood on his skin.....I went to the hospital with a relative who was bleeding large amounts of blood from an outdoor accident. I had blood all over my hands, arms, and even legs as it was susmmer. HOURS later I simply rinsed off very quickly in a hospital sink with COLD water and in seconds the dried blood just washed away and ran down the drain..........I didn't scrub at all.

JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

BBM. Your theory makes no sense. Jason's body was examined and had no visible injury, so, using your theory Jason was the perp, the blood was Michelle's blood and it was already all over the bedroom. In your theory, no reason for Jason not to use the shower. The mere idea that he exited the bedroom nekked, dripped nary a speckle of blood down those stairs and through the first floor in order to use a garden hose outside isn't believable. Not even the prosecutor was willing to venture such a theory.

Anybody who thinks a 2-year-old will remain silent when hit with ice cold water on a freezing night is probably willing to believe in just about anything else, such as the likelihood a brain can be scooped from a sidewalk and reinserted as a fully functioning organ into the skull. The State certainly tried to limit themselves as to laughable theories. [modsnip]

BBM

No I'm not putting aside the theory. Look at the pics from the NTO. His left foot on the lateral side (Outter) looks like blisters to me. Maybe like he wore shoes too small for him. I think he wore the Franklins while he butchered MY then got the HP out of his closet when he was done. Again, it's not that hard to comprehend. He planned this. The murder weapons and clothes are long gone. Plus, I don't think he washed CY off outside. I think he cleaned her with baby wipes and took those along with him. She was "shockingly" clean but she wasn't clean clean as she still had red stains on her nail beds. I know I use wipes to wipe my kids hands and faces off all the time.

But wait.. I thought he planned to strangle her.. Why would he need different size of shoes...... Hmmmmm!!!

BBM

It would take more than an hour of wearing shoes that are too small to cause blisters.
It's more likely that the shoes he's always worn were too small.

Personally, I think the whole thing with the hose being left on is nothing more than a red herring. It could have been left on earlier in the day after JY did yard work or it could have been left on by the killer after the murder. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any evidence presented during either trial that proved when the hose was left on.

Even if it could be proven that the hose was left running by the killer after the murder, I also don't recall any evidence that linked a particular person to it. It could have been JY who left the hose running after committing the murder or it could have been someone else.

Unless evidence turns up that proves, or at least suggests, when the hose was left on and who did it, I don't view the hose evidence as having much value to the case other than serving as a possible explanation for how the killer may have cleaned up afterwords.

Personally, I think the whole thing with the hose being left on is nothing more than a red herring. It could have been left on earlier in the day after JY did yard work or it could have been left on by the killer after the murder. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any evidence presented during either trial that proved when the hose was left on.

Even if it could be proven that the hose was left running by the killer after the murder, I also don't recall any evidence that linked a particular person to it. It could have been JY who left the hose running after committing the murder or it could have been someone else.

Unless evidence turns up that proves, or at least suggests, when the hose was left on and who did it, I don't view the hose evidence as having much value to the case other than serving as a possible explanation for how the killer may have cleaned up afterwords.

One thing that has made no sense to me is the fact they collected boards off the deck as though they were trying to find blood. Yet the door with the spot of blood on it wasn't the door to the deck, it was the kitchen door to the garage. I never could figure out why they suspected the killer was ever on the deck.

JMO

But wait.. I thought he planned to strangle her.. Why would he need different size of shoes...... Hmmmmm!!!

Exactly, and this question has been raised often. In other words, Jason anticipated a bloody crime scene even though that was not his original plan. So, he had 2 pair of shoes with him to throw off detectives.
I think it is more likely the evidence shows there were 2 people there, And, the only other time 2 people have been connected to the Young home than morning, were the 2 people leaving from the driveway at 5:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88