Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.jrbuilders.com
Police Sergeant's Wife Goes Missing

Husband's History May Present Clues

http://www.nbc5.com/family/14455029/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Be sure to read this interesting article, which includes a picture of Stacey. Also, please note the two different spellings of her name, also as Stacy, which I believe was just a media typo.

He has already buried one wife (okay, ex-wife) and been in all sorts of mischief. I'm sure he's proclaimed his innocence here. Sheesh.

http://www.nbc5.com/family/14455029/detail.html?dl=mainclick

October 30, 2007

It was not clear how long Peterson, the 23-year-old wife of Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, has been missing.

and

Drew Peterson's previous wife, 40-year-old Kathleen Savio, was found dead in the dry bathtub of her Pheasant Chase home in March 2004. Drew Peterson and Savio were divorced and he was returning their two sons to their home after a weekend visit, but no one answered the locked door.

Peterson went to a neighbor's to call a locksmith. Once entry was gained, the neighbor went inside and found Savio's body in a waterless bathtub.

The investigation revealed Savio drowned. Her fingertips showed pruning from being submerged in water and her hair was wet when she was found. While there was no water in the bathtub, it may have drained out over time, as the plug was down, investigators speculated.

A coroner's jury ruled the death accidental. State Police investigated that case as well. No charges were filed.

According to one official, Savio was Drew Peterson's third wife, and Stacey Peterson is his fourth.

and

More than 20 years ago, Drew Peterson was fired from the Bolingbrook Police Department after the village board of police and fire commissioners found him guilty of disobedience, conducting a self-assigned investigation, failure to report a bribe immediately and official misconduct. He had been indicted two months earlier on charges of official misconduct and failure to report a bribe. Peterson was working under the auspices of the Metropolitan Area Narcotics Squad at the time. Indictments alleged he solicited drugs in exchange for information about his agency.

The charges later were dropped. Special prosecutor Raymond Bolden said at the time that the charges were not provable.

Drew Peterson won reinstatement with the department in March 1986. Judge Edwin Grabiec ruled police and fire commissioners lacked sufficient evidence to find Peterson guilty of the charges.

pic

14455097_320X240.jpg

(This situation does not look good, IMO.)

I guess it takes a while to come up with a good excuse after the third or fourth wife. Right now she is just missing but how soon do you think he'll come up with a story to explain this one? Let's see...ran away with boyfriend/girlfriend...spaced out on drugs...kidnapped by drug dealer...suicide...accidental death, oops strike that, already used that one...circus, cult, polygamy, terrorist wannabe,... oh, I know!...ran away to the BIG CITY to work at Mcdonald's.

We need to stop letting stupid people be the ones in charge of screening LE applicants. This dude should have "Beware of Psycho" tattoed on his forehead.

Susan

Hate to say it, but I feel as though I've heard this kind of missing story before. Hope she is found, but the other part of me is thinking - estranged hubby + missing wife = not good.

Oh come on, he's just had a long string of bad luck!

:p

They better look long and hard at this guy's history.

Did I hear them right on Greta? He is 30 years older than she is?! Surely, that was a mistake.

SS it may very well be the case..I am still in shock over here with one of my husbands co-workers. He is 37 years old and his wife just found out that he has been having an affair with a 19 year old. They have 3 kids together and been married for 15 years. I know the wife..she told me she was willing to give him another chance but HE wants to be with the 19 year old so my friend is taking the kids and filing for divorce...I still just don't understand but whatever. I really hope this lady here is found safe although I have to say with the husbands history of a dead wife and 4 marriages things just don't look good..

Did I hear them right on Greta? He is 30 years older than she is?! Surely, that was a mistake.

Hate to say it, but I feel as though I've heard this kind of missing story before. Hope she is found, but the other part of me is thinking - estranged hubby + missing wife = not good.

And the last name Peterson doesn't help.

His comment about just needing to find her sounds very much like what Mark Hacking said when he was pleading to the public to help find his wife...we all know how that turned out.

I don't think this will turn out well.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14474620/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

He just doesn't care if he live(s) or die(s), or I live or die," Savio wrote, the Chicago Sun-Times reported in its Wednesday editions, citing the court documents. A year later, she filed for divorce.

Glasgow declined to speculate Tuesday about possible links between the Stacy Peterson and Savio cases, saying only that "there are some unusual circumstances in the 2004 case."
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5736234
And this odd comment:
Peterson was in the process of divorcing her husband, who referred calls for comment to his lawyer. However, he did say over the phone that his wife 'is where she wants to be.'

A Bolingbrook police sergeant whose wife has been missing since the weekend told the Tribune on Wednesday he believes she simply left him for someone else.

Sgt. Drew Peterson, 53, said in an interview at his home that when he spoke with his wife, Stacy, 23, on the telephone Sunday night "she said she was leaving."

State police said Stacy's cell phone has not been used since Sunday night.

~snip~

Drew Peterson said he first met Stacy when she was 17 and he was 47.

"When I met Stacy, she was working at SpringHill Suites [in Bolingbrook]," he said. "We just hit it off, and one thing led to another. It wasn't something I planned. It was a very romantic time. It was very exciting."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ebnov01,0,1236207.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

How old was wife number 3 when he met her? Sounds almost like a pedophile when they get "too old"!

It also sounds like the Sarge is changing his story, too. I don't recall hearing he mentioned the Sunday night conversation where she said she was "leaving him".

When they release the cell phone records...should be very interesting to know if she actually called him at 9:00 pm as he stated and where this call originated from (which tower)...not to mention...which tower HIS cell phone was on when her phone called him. For a policeman, he doesn't seem very smart. Wonder if he is related to the Cob (Bobby Cutts)?!?!

This story is becoming 'hokier' by the minute.

Quite a suspicious story already. The guy lost his last wife, his 3rd one, to a tragic but suspicious death while they were in the midst of a divorce settlement. Hmmmmm.

Already tonight on Greta Sgt Peterson gave the local reporter one story and then he gave Greta a different one.

He has already alluded to the idea that Stacy was unstable, and under psychiatric care and he showed one reporter a bottle of prescription pills for an antidepressant. Isn't that strange? Stacy had recently lost a sister to cancer.
It sounds to me like this guy is making up the story as he goes along.

I'm afraid when we finally hear the real story, it's not going to have a happy ending either.

These cases are becoming a daily event in this country, aren't they?

This story is becoming 'hokier' by the minute.

Quite a suspicious story already. The guy lost his last wife, his 3rd one, to a tragic but suspicious death while they were in the midst of a divorce settlement. Hmmmmm.

Already tonight on Greta Sgt Peterson gave the local reporter one story and then he gave Greta a different one.

He has already alluded to the idea that Stacy was unstable, and under psychiatric care and he showed one reporter a bottle of prescription pills for an antidepressant. Isn't that strange? Stacy had recently lost a sister to cancer.
It sounds to me like this guy is making up the story as he goes along.

I'm afraid when we finally hear the real story, it's not going to have a happy ending either.

These cases are becoming a daily event in this country, aren't they?

They sure are! I didn't get to see his interview with Greta, but it doesn't sound like he's all that worried about his wife, does it?

He met her when she was 17? Then that would mean that he met her while he was married to wife #3?

*edited to add* -- I read the articles, and yeppers #4 was the reason for the divorce from #3. Was the divorce granted or was the Sarge a widower before it could become final?

Unfortunately, Stacey may never be found. What I have gathered is that Peterson took off work Sunday. I think that he works the 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. shift. So, she is missing on Sunday--and he coincidentally takes off work. He murdered her and took her body somewhere. He then used her cell phone (maybe) to call him. I wonder how he rigged that one.

IMO, this guy murdered his third wife before their divorce. Now, he has murdered Wife #4. What was this girl thinking? Why would she be attracted to a man 30 years her senior?? Maybe, he promised her something...Who knows??...She is a beautiful girl. He had to have known that this wouldn't last.

If she is "where she wants to be" as he says, he probably gave her a choice. He probably warned her that she would end up dead if she divorced him. When she chose that option anyway, he murdered her. He rationalizes that it was her choice. She probably said, "I would rather die than remain married to you." He therefore gave her her wish. :rolleyes:

This guy is shady cop, just like Bobby Cutts. I just hope that they are able to find her and bring him to justice. There was a dentist (Corbin??) who murdered his wife and had murdered Dolly Hearns, his girlfriend 10 years prior. They initiallly ruled Dolly's death as suicide. He finally was brought to justice. These guys are controlling psychopaths. Try to leave them; and they murder you.

This is the most incredible story and I worry that he may get away with it. He has before.

It does remind me of Barton Corbin and his controlling aspect...psychopath! We don't know if he would have gotten away with it had it gone to trial. He confessed and saved everyone a lot of grief but that is not always the case.

Yes - the phone records should be interesting. They would be able to tell where the call was made from. So she leaves Sunday to go paint a house - doesn't show up - decides she is going to leave her husband and her kids. Yeah - right. Plus - supposedly she was so excited about her anniversary ring - JUST 10 DAYS before she decided she was leaving him for another man. Oh yeah - all of this adds up. What a moron.

When she met him, she was 17. Wasn't that considered rape, assuming.... What were her parents thinking to allow her to "meet" with a 47 year old man? She grew up and discovered she was married to an old man; obviously, there would be problems. Not that this is her fault - just thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth