Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome**FORUM CLOSED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be trashing of GZ's father allowed...in themost offensive way.<modsnip>

Yesterday I tried to start a thread on one of the most serious charges against GZ...profiling. There was an article addressing the sad frequency of Black teenage male crime in that condocomplex. You did allow the article but not the thread.

If Gz is charged with a Hate Crime, he could be executed...but we cannot discuss the Charge that might result in his death...in a way that might bring undetstanding to his state of mind? Why not? Is that fair when a man's life is on the line? Are we not serious here? We can discuss how he broke his own nose..But not the charge that hangs over him?

Thank you for allowing me some latitude in the threads but this is not a side issue: profiling is key to this case.

Why can it not be a thread?

Yesterday I tried to start a thread on one of the most serious charges against GZ...profiling. There was an article addressing the sad frequency of Black teenage male crime in that condocomplex. You did allow the article but not the thread.

If Gz is charged with a Hate Crime, he could be executed...but we cannot discuss the Charge that might result in his death...in a way that might bring undetstanding to his state of mind? Why not? Is that fair when a man's life is on the line? Are we not serious here? We can discuss how he broke his own nose..But not the charge that hangs over him?

Thank you for allowing me some latitude in the threads but this is not a side issue: profiling is key to this case.

Why can it not be a thread?
Hi SMM.
Please, go ahead and start that topic in the sound off forum. thanks.

Hi SMM.
Please, go ahead and start that topic in the sound off forum. thanks.

Is that a different forum from the one where we are discussing the case? Or is this here where everything else that pertains to this case is?

I didn't find this thread until today...so my WS geography is not topnotch. LOL

But I hope it isn't in a dungeun somewhere...because it is one of the key charges.

Thanks.

Is that a different forum from the one where we are discussing the case? Or is this here where everything else that pertains to this case is?

I didn't find this thread until today...so my WS geography is not topnotch. LOL

But I hope it isn't in a dungeun somewhere...because it is one of the key charges.

Thanks.

Its in the Private Forums. Heres a link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=484"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I understand your point, Stmarysmead. However, if you want to discuss it tonight, you should do as JBean said and open it in the Sound Off thread in the private area.

Again, your point is valid. I will alert the owners, Tricia and SoSueMe to this thread. If you would like to wait until tomorrow when they have both had a chance to review and discuss it, they may permit it here in the public forum.

I will wait and apprciate you addressing the issue with them. We discuss murder and child abuse here. People accuse and others refute those accusations.

"Profiling" is an accusation used in many, many posts. But it is a CHARGE he is facing, not a "given." WS would never let people call an accused "a molester" on the official forum over and over... and say that anyone defending against that charge had to go to a private forum to do so. I don't believe so anyway. That would skew the forum. And make many who read here assume you had taken a position on his guilt.

I'll wait for your answer. Thanks.

Isn't there a discussion about profiling in the FBI thread?

I will wait and apprciate you addressing the issue with them. We discuss murder and child abuse here. People accuse and others refute those accusations.

"Profiling" is an accusation used in many, many posts. But it is a CHARGE he is facing, not a "given." WS would never let people call an accused "a molester" on the official forum over and over... and say that anyone defending against that charge had to go to a private forum to do so. I don't believe so anyway. That would skew the forum. And make many who read here assume you had taken a position on his guilt.

I'll wait for your answer. Thanks.

I have to chime in here for accuracy, sorry. GZ has not been legally charged with profiling.

O/T I know, sorry. <creeps quietly away>

Dear Wonderful, Lovely, Beautiful, Hardworking, Overextended Mods...

As much as those of us here with a passion for this case try, we can't seem to stay on topic. Someone posts something on topic that contains an off-topic nugget that others jump off on and next thing you know we're off thread topic even though the off topic comments are often intelligent and valid.

So please please please can't we have general discussion threads again?

I know this would be unusual, but I have followed cases here on WS since the Danielle van Dam case and IMO I have never seen a case that needed such an exception more.

Thanks for your consideration, and for all that you do keeping us all in line.

Izzy-at this rate we may end up with just a general discussion thread so hold that thought.

The moderators really have to spend a lot of time in here because it is such a hot topic and there are basically 2 (or more)very passionate points of view. We respect that but it is hard to manage when everyone doesn't play by the rules.
Tonight the forum will be closed in about 30 minutes and will reopen early. Not sure if this will be a regular thing or just tonight.
So please be forewarned that this forum will be closed for posting at about 11pm PT.
Thanks.

Dear Wonderful, Lovely, Beautiful, Hardworking, Overextended Mods...

As much as those of us here with a passion for this case try, we can't seem to stay on topic. Someone posts something on topic that contains an off-topic nugget that others jump off on and next thing you know we're off thread topic even though the off topic comments are often intelligent and valid.

So please please please can't we have general discussion threads again?

I know this would be unusual, but I have followed cases here on WS since the Danielle van Dam case and IMO I have never seen a case that needed such an exception more.

Thanks for your consideration, and for all that you do keeping us all in line.
BBM
Here's what I've been doing. If I see an off topic post that I want to respond to, I hit the quote button for that post then highlight and copy the post in the quote box. I then go to the appropriate thread, go to the bottom of the last page and hit "Go Advanced". Paste the quote there and add your reply. It's a pain in the rear but it bumps the thread and helps to keep things on track. HTH.

BBM
Here's what I've been doing. If I see an off topic post that I want to respond to, I hit the quote button for that post then highlight and copy the post in the quote box. I then go to the appropriate thread, go to the bottom of the last page and hit "Go Advanced". Paste the quote there and add your reply. It's a pain in the rear but it bumps the thread and helps to keep things on track. HTH.

Thank you! This is exactly how it should be handled and I appreciate your insight. It is a HUGE help for the mods. Hopefully everyone will read this and follow your lead. :)

I'm confused. I thought msn was only allowed, but after clicking on so many links that lead to blogs, I thought maybe they were being allowed in this case. I wish we could only post "links" the old way, where it plainly showed what and where it was. Yeah, yeah I know...shut up teh. :floorlaugh:

Here's my concern: When people post on this thread SPECIFIC information that they are asking permission to post on the threads, they are essentially already posting that information in their question. So at that point, even if a mod says "no, you can't post that," even if the link wasn't in the question, the information is, so it's out there before a mod can even approve it!

I'm wondering if it might be more prudent for folks to PM the specifics to the mods and keep this for general rule questions so that non-permitted information doesn't end up all over this thread?

I hope that makes sense...essentially I'm feeling like this thread may be being used surreptitiously to post information that may not actually be allowed. (for example, TM's alleged youtube account...there's no reason to post all the details in a question post, is there, except to get it out there without actually being approved to put it out there?)

I know Flourish and many posts have been removed. We know there are all kinds of clever ways to get info out there and in a post. Many of those posts, even on this thread have been removed for that very reason. We don't remove them all and don't pretend that keeping every reference off the board is possible or necessary. We just limit the discussion where appropriate.

StMarysmead-it occurred to me after your request for a profiling thread that we already have pretty focused discussion going on in the FBI thread and the major theme is profiling and this case. So, I think that is exactly what you are looking for so you can post profiling information there. Additionally the influence of media thread meets some of the other requests for discussion.
hth.

I'm confused. I thought msn was only allowed, but after clicking on so many links that lead to blogs, I thought maybe they were being allowed in this case. I wish we could only post "links" the old way, where it plainly showed what and where it was. Yeah, yeah I know...shut up teh. :floorlaugh:

Good morning Mods/Admins...

My question:

I know we only link to MSM where we can post part of the article...10% or the first paragraph due to CR infringement...

I'm wondering if it's okay to supply a link to a blog that might have some insight into this horrific case, or any case topic...TIA
send the blog to one of the moderators in the forum.
It largely depends on the context in which it is used.
If it is controversial,new information that no msm is reporting-then chances are it will not be allowed.
If it is generally composed of offensive or questionable material-then it probably will not be allowed.
It is difficult to make a blanket approval or disapproval for any site and sometimes even allowed sites are not allowed for certain topics or specific discussion and not allowed blogs become acceptable for linking pictures or audio sometimes.<--some new information

Any blog or site that is completely forbidden no matter what the context wil have **** when you try to post the link. If you ever get that do not post the informtaion or the link.

Thanks.

Hi Teh:Hopefully this quoted information will answer your question.

Trayvon Martin Forum closes at 11pm PT and opens 4AM PT.
See you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member