Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact that they were found a half an hour after the shooting...makes me suspect foul play from someone they knew. If someone was looking for them in that same area 30 minutes later, someone would have heard shots ,especially in a rural area where loud noises carry becuase there are no big buildings to break up the sound waves.

i hope the citizens find these guys first and kill them.

~lightwaveryder~

They were only 300 yards from home. You'd think their grandparents would have heard the shots -- and maybe they did, but I haven't heard anything about that. Maybe the dense woods muffled the sound. If you look at an aerial map, you can see that there are large wooded areas, not just fields.

I wonder about the tracks too. Were they tire tracks? ATV tracks? What?

Tracks appear to go up to the girls and then turn around. One story said the girls were going north on the dirt road. I wish LE would say how many times they were shot and if either of them were shot from the back.

I wonder also if the grandfather found them while walking to check on them or went after them with a car or vehicle? That would help with the time line too.

They leave at 5:00 p.m. He calls them sometime later to tell them to come on home (didn't really give them time to go do anything, so I wonder if he was suspicious-- maybe he'd seen a car coming from the other way-- or the girls left too close to dinner/supper?) but that'd be about 5:15-5:20. He goes after them and finds them shot about 5:30. I know it's been discussed but it sounds like he's outside, they aren't but 1/4 mile away and no one hears multiple gunshots. I wonder if he heard shots and called the girls to see if they were all right, didn't get them on the cell and went to look for them?

Again, silencer.

Or if the grandfather did hear shots...in an area where hunting or shooting was a norm...it would not have excited anyone. Where I grew up...seeing boys walking with rifles to the river was an everyday occassion and hearing the crack of gunshots didn't even cause a raised eyebrow.

happy to hear prisoners were captured.... they are bad looking guys.

what newspaper would have reports of local drug operations?

my smalltown "mullet wrapper" lists all arrests weekly & often there are stories of drug operations having been busted.

They leave at 5:00 p.m. He calls them sometime later to tell them to come on home (didn't really give them time to go do anything, so I wonder if he was suspicious-- maybe he'd seen a car coming from the other way-- or the girls left too close to dinner/supper?) but that'd be about 5:15-5:20. He goes after them and finds them shot about 5:30. I know it's been discussed but it sounds like he's outside, they aren't but 1/4 mile away and no one hears multiple gunshots. I wonder if he heard shots and called the girls to see if they were all right, didn't get them on the cell and went to look for them?

What happened was that the girls left to go on their walk, and Skyla's mother called to say she was coming over to pick up Skyla. So the grandmother tried calling Taylor on her cell phone a few times and got no answer. At that point, the grandfather left to go find them.

Fox is reporting they are looking now for 2 weapons. Ben Rosser is on the phone in an interview now.

I'm just catching up on this story. What a horrible crime. Those poor girls.

I'm wondering about a few things. For one, has anyone read why her grandfather has legal guardianship? Where are her parents? Have they been heard from at all? Also, did the grandfather call 911 from home or he did have the cell phone on him when he found the girls and called from that location?

He doesn't know if they are looking for two shooters or one shooter with two guns. He did not specify the weapons.

The time frame was 20-25 minutes from the time the girls left until the grandfather found them. He had presence of mind to try to keep people away realizing it was a crime scene which helped LE a great deal.

It appears there will be another press conference at 2:00 pm unless they have not updated their website since yesterday's presser: http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

The reward is up to $25,000.00 now.

Regarding the 911 call by the grandfather, FOX reports:

Taylor's grandfather, Peter Placker, discovered the bodies on Sunday after trying to call a cell phone the girls had with them. He called police from that phone, Rosser said.

I'm just catching up on this story. What a horrible crime. Those poor girls.

I'm wondering about a few things. For one, has anyone read why her grandfather has legal guardianship? Where are her parents? Have they been heard from at all? Also, did the grandfather call 911 from home or he did have the cell phone on him when he found the girls and called from that location?

The grandfather called 911 from Taylor's phone when he found the girls. I don't know the answer to any of your other questions, but I'd like to!

Oops, you beat me to it, ED!

lightwaveryder said "i hope the citizens find these guys first and kill them."

i've seen similar comments after the newspaper articles.... i am not proud to admit this, but vigilante justice seems appropriate in cases. these victims didn't get due process.

Regarding cell towers. I checked the ATT wireless website and for that company, it looks like they had a tower in Weleetka. Great coverage extends around the town for about 2-3 miles, as does great coverage on either side of I-40. There's a pocket between Weleetka and I-40 where coverage is mediocre, so I guess cell's there can get either the Weleetka one or one along I-40.

If they lived closer to Weleetka, I'd think the ping info on that would be easier to get and track for that time frame. However, one report I read said that Skyla was from Henryetta, which leads me to believe they lived closer to the NE of Weleetka and may be in the nether zone.

All this assuming is based on similar cell phone reception/tower placement among other cell providers. I realize that that is a wide assumption.

Shamrock~ We have been trying to track down Taylor Paschal-Placker's birth parents. We don't have any answers to why her grandparents were raising her. The grandfather stated he had four other children, but she was his "baby". :( We don't know if they were siblings etc.

Relatives said to know Taylor was to love her. She was the big-hearted girl who rescued helpless turtles crawling in the middle of the road and wanted to become a forensic scientist, like on the TV shows, said Peter Placker, who said he raised Taylor like she was his daughter even though he was her biological grandparent.
http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

Awww did you just read that?! She was one of us!! :(

Funeral arrangements set for slain girls

Funeral services for Taylor are scheduled for 10 a.m. Friday at Dewar First Baptist Church. Services for Skyla are scheduled for 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Henryetta.

Shurden Funeral Home in Henryetta is handling funeral services for Taylor and Rogers Funeral Home, also in Henryetta, is handing services for Skyla.

Donations may be sent to:

Bank of Commerce, P.O. Box 248, Weleetka, OK 74880.

For more information call (405) 786-2216.

http://newsok.com/funeral-arrangements-set-for-slain-girls/article/3255944/?tm=1213200633

He doesn't know if they are looking for two shooters or one shooter with two guns. He did not specify the weapons.

The time frame was 20-25 minutes from the time the girls left until the grandfather found them. He had presence of mind to try to keep people away realizing it was a crime scene which helped LE a great deal.

It appears there will be another press conference at 2:00 pm unless they have not updated their website since yesterday's presser: http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

The reward is up to $25,000.00 now.

What a man. I know that I would not have the sense to keep everyone away knowing that its a crime scene.

May the Lord bless both these families.

Henryetta is the closest large town. I don't think that it means Skyla lived much closer to there, but her address might be out of there...if that makes sense to you. Henryetta is only 15 miles from Weleetka.

I may have missed this, but what direction were the girls found? Walking away from the direction of home or facing returning home?

Both being shot in the chest tells me those shots were first. Both being shot in the head tells me who ever killed them wanted to be sure they were dead. Whoever killed them is not just some sick a-hole. They knew what they "needed" to do for their reasons. I have no doubt they have murdered before. Only a cold hearted *advertiser censored* would murder two young girls. There was a reason he (they) wanted them dead.

The familes have nothing to do with this, of that I feel very sure. I feel strongly there is some kind of dealing history in that part of the county and these angels innocently walked into it. I think this is a huge deal and spokespeople will not be sharing to much save for the very basics. IMVHO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie