Affleck talks at teen pal's graduation

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
Students at Falls Church High School and family members gave a standing ovation to Affleck following his commencement speech, in which he praised 19-year-old Joe Kindregan, a disabled student he met in 1998 on a film shoot. The two built a close friendship.

"Everything I learned about life that really matters ... I learned from Joe," Affleck told the audience.

Kindregan suffers from ataxia-telengiectasia, a rare, degenerative genetic disease. Over the past decade, Affleck has helped Kindregan raise money to develop a cure for the disease.

The close nature of the pair's friendship was evident at Friday's ceremony; Affleck planted a kiss on Kindregan's forehead after being introduced and later playfully swatted him with a rolled-up program.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070601/ap_en_ot/people_affleck_graduation

Wow.. what a heartwarming thing to see someone from Hollywood doing something NICE. Kudos to Ben.

Afflecks cute and seemingly a nice guy, good for him-

I like Ben.He and Matt damon seem like level headed guys...Glad he did not marry Jennifer 'Princess'Lopez. I think it is great when people who are in a postition to make a difference to someone actually do it.

I'm a huge Ben fan too!

I knew you would be, because... well, you know.

Ben Affleck reminds me of old-fashioned movie stars of the 40s. Even when the film isn't great, I can't stop watching him.

I knew you would be, because... well, you know.

Ben Affleck reminds me of old-fashioned movie stars of the 40s. Even when the film isn't great, I can't stop watching him.

He is mesmerizing in that old Hollywood(land) way...seems to have gotten his life back in order as well! I've totally dug him since Dazed and Confused.

He is mesmerizing in that old Hollywood(land) way...seems to have gotten his life back in order as well! I've totally dug him since Dazed and Confused.

I liked him in Dazed, but lost my heart in Chasing Amy. You know the old story: gay guy crushes on straight guy pretending to be in love with fictional lesbian.

I think it's a great story. I'm sick of hearing about "stars" and every story is all about them. My best friend has a son that's a dead ringer for Ben...we're still trying to find him a wife/girlfriend.

I liked him in Dazed, but lost my heart in Chasing Amy. You know the old story: gay guy crushes on straight guy pretending to be in love with fictional lesbian.

Same here - I wanted to MARRY him after Chasing Amy! That was a terrific movie.

I think it's a great story. I'm sick of hearing about "stars" and every story is all about them. My best friend has a son that's a dead ringer for Ben...we're still trying to find him a wife/girlfriend.

I've got a beautiful sister who would take you up on that offer!

I've got a beautiful sister who would take you up on that offer!

Beware. I'm thinking a guy who looks like Ben Affleck and is still single must not be trying very hard. There may be a reason for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back